Community
Search
Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

tires question

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 10:42 AM
scavone128

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tires question

i recently built a tt-01d kit and first time out on the pavment one of the stock tires split in half. I have abs pipe all cut up for tires, but i was shopping a little on ebay and came across what seems like a great deal. has anyone had any experience with these, are they any good?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/4PCS-1-10-RC...ht_2544wt_1276
Old 03-09-2012, 02:30 PM
cykotik1

Default RE: tires question

I have never tried them. But for the price I might. Check out Raikou drift tires. Hands down some of the best out there. You should also check out the HPI drift tires and the Yokomo drift tires. They cost a bit more than the Raikou's but the HPI tires come in different licensed styles, and the Yokomo's are well....Yokomo's.
Old 03-15-2012, 03:30 AM
kstmRYD

They seem like a good deal because they come complete, tires and wheel...but the tires are hard plastic and they wear down really fast if you are on asphalt and they get gummy on carpet...go with the Raikou's and the wheels are a bit flimsy, if you nail a curb they break at the spoke.
Old 03-15-2012, 04:47 AM
SIRCC

The best tire for your buck are raikou Drift tires. They offer different type of compound for every application and surface.