Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

World's cheapest F-16C

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

World's cheapest F-16C

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 03:34 PM
JohnE55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: World's cheapest F-16C

Yea....thanks for the info edpare, nice to know that the CG is correct, considering the instructions are pretty lame. Anything else we should be aware of before we maiden this bad boy??

Thanks
Old 03-14-2012, 05:13 PM
edpare

ORIGINAL: JohnE55

Yea....thanks for the info edpare, nice to know that the CG is correct, considering the instructions are pretty lame. Anything else we should be aware of before we maiden this bad boy??

Thanks

The main gear is relatively narrow - I had difficulty on takeoffs such that I kept hitting the wingtips on the runway. In hindsight, I wish I had lowered the steering rate by using a hole in the servo arm closer to the center. With other fast pushers, I have the desire to let the plane fly itself off the runway but this one needed a tad of up elevator. Once off the ground though, UNLIMITED VERTICAL!!
Old 08-01-2012, 05:39 PM
JohnE55

Maidened mine last Saturday, didn't have an issue with the landing gear, but it sure was a handfull. Had some help trimming it out and got it back safely on the ground. Seems the throws from the manual were too much even with 50 percent expo. Flew with a little over 700 watts (wanted to keep it light for now). Flies nice....flies like a jet, better keep it moving.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:14 PM
Sgt Shay
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: TBK

John55

Still haven't had a chance to maiden my plane so I can't vouch for the CG as yet. I have set mine up as per the instructions. I'm going to run a 6s pack (40-50C rating) 3000mah as the EDF is really power hungry and with some test engine runs with my two 3s 30C 2200 mah packs I found that they got quite warm. Waiting for the new pack to get here to get that first flight in.
Can you post pictures of your edf setup.