Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

just a quick question

Old 03-22-2012, 05:27 AM
Shady9503

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just a quick question

Hey guys so i have a quick question, when i block my exhaust to shut off my buggy (tornado S30) it just keeps on running lol car runs great and i love it but im assuming i have a leak somewhere? and im having trouble getting the engine primed when i block the exhaust aswell
Old 03-22-2012, 05:47 AM
bigblueford

Default RE: just a quick question

I agree, does sounds like you've got a leak. First place I would check would be the little blue rubber coupling between the exhaust header and muffler. It shouldn't have any holes or tears in it. It should two tie-wraps, one to clampit to the header and one to clamp it to the muffler.

Also check to make sure the header flange screws are tighten down.

Old 03-22-2012, 06:34 AM
Shady9503

hey well i know its not that rubber coupling cuz i changed it the other day for that exact reason lol had a tear in it :P
but the header flange screws? im not exactly sure what those are? ive only been in this hobby a year but im obsessed lol getting my next RC this monday also could a bad manifold gasket be the cause aswell?
Old 03-22-2012, 06:39 AM
bigblueford

There are two small screws that attached the exhaust header to the engine block, your manifold gasket goes between the header manifold and the engine block, so the two screws I'm talking about also hold the manifold gasket in place.

Old 03-22-2012, 06:46 AM
Shady9503

ahhh ok i see what your talking about, yess i know those screws i tightned them myself a week ago but i think i did it too much and might have wrecket that gasket, could that be my problem? also missing one screw from my pullstart must have lost it bashing and now theres a small opening
Old 03-22-2012, 07:11 AM
bigblueford

Missing pullstart screw won't cause the leak, but should be replaced. Sounds like maybe you should retighten all the nuts and bolts. Get yourself some blue locktite and use it on the screws to help hold them tight for a longer period time. Go thru the entire car and remove one screw at a time, put blue locktitre on it, and reinstall snuggly. Be careful not to over tighten and strip out the hole.

Remove the muffler, hold your finger over the exhuast pipe, and blow into the end with the rubber coupler. It should not leak air.

Old 03-22-2012, 08:23 AM
Shady9503

Thanks for your help
ill do everything you just said and let you know!
Old 04-02-2012, 03:38 PM
allenmiller25

check for a air leak around the pinch bolt that holds the carb on i beat my self to death for three weeks with a redcat caldera that was leaking air
Old 04-03-2012, 04:25 AM
Shady9503

Thanks for all your help guys! i found the leak the gasket from the engines exhaust port to the manifold was pretty much disintegrated :P i changed it and everythings good she runs like a dream