Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Eclipse 7 Tx problem HELP!!

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Eclipse 7 Tx problem HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 02:45 PM
lab dude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eclipse 7 Tx problem HELP!!

Hello All
Having problems with Hitech Eclipse 7 72mhz transmitter. When I turn it on all the servos go to full deflection and will not move when the sticks are moved. I have checked the rx shift, battery voltage for both the tx and rx, I'm using a ppm rx and the tx is set to ppm. I have the correct program for the model. I had this problem before and sent the tx back to Hitec and they returned it with nothing found and it was working. I removed the tx battery to cycle it and then placed in back in the tx that is when the problem resurfaced. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I reset the tx and no luck with that either
Regards,
rich
Old 03-21-2012, 04:21 PM
jetmech05

Default RE: Eclipse 7 Tx problem HELP!!

Try connecting and reconnecting the battery a couple of times
Old 03-21-2012, 04:31 PM
Live Wire

Send it back for service the mother board went out,if it is not to old they replace it free. OOHHH don't ask how I know
Old 03-21-2012, 05:53 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It's an old one. I still have mine and use it for the buddy box once in a while.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:04 PM
Live Wire

I just thought of this My module lost contact and also done the same thing. Try moving the module with presure on it and see if it comes on. Eather way it is a disaster.
Old 03-22-2012, 06:51 AM
SDR-Hammer

I was having issues with my Eclipse 7. Turns out it was the spectra module. I diagnosed the problem by simply borrowing a module from another Hitec user and plugging it into my Tx.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:19 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Has this combination been functional before or is this the first time this combination (tx, rx and module) have been used.

Just because the Rx may be a Hitec that does not neccessarily mean it is a negative shift rx. Hitec rx's in the past have been manufactured as negative or positive shift Only and some are manually shift selectible as well as later ones auto shift selectible.

So if this is a used rx to you I would try both position 1 and 2 on the transmitter modulation shift.

Also make sure you are using a Hitec FM crystal in the Rx (blue stripe on pull tab), not an AM crystal and assure if you have the synth spectra module in the tx that it is properly set to the Rx's frequency.

John