Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Just got a Muggy... Need some advice?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Just got a Muggy... Need some advice?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 09:25 AM
thesoulcrusher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got a Muggy... Need some advice?

Hi Guys,

I just picked up a nice Losi Muggy roller.. I got the RC-Monster electric motor mount and converted it to brushless.. I put in a Hobbywing SC8 120A ESC (4s) , and the matching 2700kv 550 motor.

I was curious, does anyone know of any parts I will want to upgrade or keep stock of that may break easily?

I was also wondering, what are everyone's thoughts of this vehicle vs. an E-revo. I have an E-revo too, which I love, but it seems to bottom out easily compared to some other 1/8 trucks.. and if I set the revo up to not bottom out, handling then sucks.. I also hate the battery trays on the e-revo.

Thanks!
Old 03-21-2012, 10:57 AM
thesoulcrusher

Default RE: Just got a Muggy... Need some advice?

Also, does anyone know of other spur gears that will fit? I am looking for a 40T spur gear. Thanks!
Old 03-22-2012, 05:57 AM
thesoulcrusher

anyoneeeeee?
Old 03-22-2012, 06:52 AM
jayjay283

I run the kyosho 44t plastic/delrin spur gear I used to get them from rc-monster but hes out, part # KYOIF147, theres some on ebay, only thing ive broken on my muggy is 1 upper a arm running castle creations mamba monster 2200 kv combo on 5s & 6s

get rid of those big tires if you have the stockers, they will heat up your motor/esc badly, get 17mm adaptors
Old 03-22-2012, 06:59 AM
thesoulcrusher

thanks jayjay283

It came with 17mm adapters too, the guy who sold it put them on, and it currently has 17mm truggy tires, 1/8 scale size losi's... Those should be nice and light.

Thanks for the info on durability, I may get the RPM LSt/Muggy A-Arms and Carriers, about $35 for a set for front and rear from tower.

Thanks for the spur gear info, I am going to look it up!
Old 05-03-2012, 11:14 AM
Kylar
My Feedback: (42)

Surprised nobody has said this, but youre going to want a bigger motor. The Losi Muggy is basically an LST2/XXL with a flat truggy chassis. Its pretty heavy for that motor which is more for a 5-6lb Short course truck. The smaller motor with the higher kv is going to over heat pretty quick. Youre going to want a full size 4074 motor, probably in the 1800-2200kv range.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:32 AM
revo_sbs
My Feedback: (23)

I was looking on the king and saw this. It may be what you are looking for. I have never used it, but it sounds like the reviews on it are good.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html