Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Ordered a banana hobby 6 ch. cessna 182 (arrived today 3-27-12 )

Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Ordered a banana hobby 6 ch. cessna 182 (arrived today 3-27-12 )

Old 03-21-2012, 06:02 PM
BIGMIG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ordered a banana hobby 6 ch. cessna 182 (arrived today 3-27-12 )

Not new to RC or flying,but i'm new to electric models.Did a lot of looking and decided to try the Cessna 182 skylane.It don't look like a speed demon,but was not after speed just a fun plane to fly.Anyone have one of these and would care to share their thoughts on it.

BIGMIG
Old 03-21-2012, 06:12 PM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ordered a banana hobby 6 ch. cessna 182 (arrived today 3-27-12 )

Ordered a banana hobby
sorry to hear .....
Old 03-21-2012, 07:04 PM
BIGMIG

ORIGINAL: exeter_acres

Ordered a banana hobby
sorry to hear .....

Have you bought anything from them ?? Or just contribute to the forum gossip group.I have bought from them several times.

BIGMIG

P.S. I have no problem with a member posting about their buying transaction,either good or bad.I do this myself at times.What i do object to is those who pass on useless gossip that they pick up on these forums and act like it is a firsthand information they have experienced themselves.

Still looking for those who may have this airplane............
Old 03-22-2012, 06:51 AM
levram1
My Feedback: (1)

I have first hand experience!! They ignore e-mails. There is no customer support. They ship 2 months after an order has been cancelled and when the item, (yes, the same plane you are contemplating) shows up on the doorstep and is refused, they deduct the freight both ways from your paypal account. This is just the tip of the iceberg with the problems that I have had with them. But, go ahead a fool and their money are soon departed. LOL!!
Old 03-22-2012, 11:46 AM
overbored77
My Feedback: (11)

ORIGINAL: BIGMIG

ORIGINAL: exeter_acres

Ordered a banana hobby
sorry to hear .....
P.S. I have no problem with a member posting about their buying transaction,either good or bad.I do this myself at times.What i do object to is those who pass on useless gossip that they pick up on these forums and act like it is a firsthand information they have experienced themselves.

Still looking for those who may have this airplane............
Bigmig, you are gonna have a hard time finding firsthand info on any forum, Half the answers are just rerepeated gossip.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:58 AM
BIGMIG

Ya that is just how it is here i guess.Don't make any difference what catagory or forum you get in here,you have to sort out fact from fiction.Hardest part here for the new members just starting out.Been here over five years and i'm getting used to long ago.But it still bugs me at times. Lot of good information and help here,you just have to put up with all the other "bull" to get it...

BIGMIG
Old 03-22-2012, 01:06 PM
BIGMIG

Well just got an email saying it was being shipped today and got an tracking number from UPS and will receive it on tuesday.Will see how it goes and will post the results and pictures when i get it.I ordered it tuesday night,this is now thursday.

BIGMIG

Old 03-22-2012, 03:44 PM
CGRetired

Well, there you are.. As Overbored77 said, a lot of gossip. You decide how you were treated and go from there and ignore negative comments. What works for you is what works for you.

levram1, if you don't mind me saying, how would you appreciate someone calling you a fool?

Bigmig... Let us know how it works out for you.

CGr.
Old 03-22-2012, 06:03 PM
levram1

No, I don't mind you saying. I have no problem with it! It is just an expression that is older than you are, if you don't mind me saying.
Old 03-22-2012, 06:29 PM
BIGMIG

I most of the time follow up on a post where i have posted that i ordered something on the forum.(good or bad ) But happy to say most transactions have went very well.If you buy enough stuff on line there is a good chance a problem will pop up somewhere along the line.Being in the RC Tank forum for several years and buying over 40 tanks i have had very few problemsmabe just had good luck.

BIGMIG
Old 03-23-2012, 12:50 AM
BIGMIG

Just for others who may be interested in this plane,some general info from doing a little on-line research.

This model i ordered from Banana Hobby has aparently their special name brand (Blitzrcworks ) they use.

It is a ( Art-Tech New Planes 500 class Brushless Cessna -182 (RTF) model ) Built by (shenzhen model fans electronic co LTD. )

I was impressed with their profile page of their company.If you care to look,it is......... ( Company Profile Shenzhen model fans electronic co LTD ).

For this model coming from china and knowing a lot of their products are very lacking in "QC" in a lot of cases,at least in the pictures and the video i watched from banana hobby and the Art-Tech web-site........It looks to be a pretty good plane.I will know more in a few days and i'll post pictures then.

BIGMIG
Old 03-23-2012, 09:29 PM
BIGMIG

One thing i did forget to mention,this model was offered with free shipping.........That is allways nice. (cost of plane $199.00 dollars )

BIGMIG
Old 03-24-2012, 03:17 PM
AB Bob
My Feedback: (20)

I have a couple of Cessna's, Beaver's and a few Cubs from different mfgrs. I'm always looking for others. I'll look forward to your report.
Old 03-24-2012, 04:23 PM
flyntruk
My Feedback: (5)

I bought a similar  Cessna  from BH a couple of years ago ..  55" WS . It flew real good , I did crash it a few times , Always managed to repair it , but , up to a certain point . That is when I had to order new parts ..  Then they sent me the wrong scale parts , then the night mare began ... Finally had to get my CC co to straighten this out . But , I did pass this plane on to another  kid , it still flies today ..  So , moral of the story is , buyer beware ..   Happy Skies  !  .
Old 03-24-2012, 04:42 PM
AmishWarlord

Lets see how this goes.
Old 03-24-2012, 05:35 PM
BIGMIG

Well like i said i'm kind of a new guy on the block in the airplane section.I have had several orders from banana hobby.I have read a lot of the stuff writen about them in several places on different forums.I'm sure there is a lot of it that is truthfull and guys have had problems.But i also from being on RCU for a number of years can draw some of my own conclussions as to some of these posts that are being posted here by some of the members.After a while you start getting a visual picture of some of these members even though never meeting them in person.My goal here is to post facts...........First hand knowelege.......Not storys i have herd or read that someone else posted.When i post in these forums i try to tell it as straight as i can and don't add to or take away from what takes place.

I'm not here to promote any seller of any hobby items.I'm a hobby guy,and just like to play with my toys.When i place an order all i want and expect is the seller to ship the item in a timely manner,send me the item new and unopened,and send me what i ordered.

When i get it i expect it to be new...undammage...and to work like advertised.Just that simple,no more no less.

I do understand some of what i buy comes from china and "QC" is not very good in a lot of cases.But when one gets some of these products and you open the box and there might be missing items,dammaged items,and it may be the item may not even work.It dosen't make the person very happy who just received it.....(had this happen a couple of times over the years ) But on the other hand it may not be the fault of the seller either...........He receives a shipment of products and sends them out to customers.........More than likely unawhere of the condition of the product in the box.

Will contine this by using the edit function as the web-site has been timing me out at times and not posting .........

When this happens.....there is going to be some time involved in getting the problem resolved.....I don't care who the seller is.I know how it is,a guy waits and has money invested and gets a product that don't work or ECT.But we have to remember that depending on the seller some of these places sell a lot of products and there is a time frame in which is going to take place to get the problem resolved.It does no good to fly off the handle and go balistic with a seller and rant and rave.The bigger they are,the more they are most likely selling and with some of these cheap products the more problems they are most likely incountering and have to resolve.

Some places may do better than others,and the forum can help others to stay on top of what to expect from some of the on-line sellers.But it is hard at times to seperate fact from fiction on these forums and what is a fair time frame to have a problem resolved
by a seller.

Thus far on the airplane i ordered on tuesday night was shipped out thursday late afternoon and was received in the UPS sorting terminal and loaded on a truck and is in route to portland oregon...where it will go on another truck to longview washington and then on to the delivery truck to my home. (all takes time ) So far all of this has been typical and what i expected.(live 900 or so miles from the seller ) If it survives the shipping,and shows up undammaged and in good shape and works as advertised..........Thats all I ask for.

We will see...................BIGMIG
Old 03-24-2012, 06:14 PM
levram1

CG. Ihave absolutely no problem with someone calling me a fool, as I have been called alot worse. And you haven't? BTW.. "A fool and their money are soon departed"was/is a figure of speech that has been around alot longer than you have. If you don't mind me saying.
Old 03-24-2012, 06:45 PM
BIGMIG

ORIGINAL: levram1

CG. I have absolutely no problem with someone calling me a fool, as I have been called alot worse. And you haven't? BTW.. ''A fool and their money are soon departed'' was/is a figure of speech that has been around alot longer than you have. If you don't mind me saying. [img][/img]

My question would be ................What is the purpose of your post,and what is it suppose to meen to me.I didn't ask about your opinion on buying from Banana hobby,i have allready bougth from them in the past if you would read the initial post as i was stating a fact of an ongoing order and was asking if anyone has or knows about the airplane mentioned.

By all means if you have bought from Banana hobby and had problems so be it......stay away from them......But that has nothing to do with me.

BIGMIG
Old 03-24-2012, 07:26 PM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have one of the first runs of the Cessna Sky Trainer. It is only 4 channel but the same size and look. If it flies anything like mine, it is a very nice plane. I love just cruising around doing touch and goes. Looks very good in the air. Lands at a crawl. Does need a little power to do a nice greaser landing. With a little head wind, you can almost fly it without moving forward.

The only issue we have found is the steering/ rudder servo should be upgraded to a 9gram MG servo. Brother in law went through the stock one and 3 Tower Pro 9 gram servos in one day. Granted, he did not do the greatest of landing. Once he installed a EXi 9gram digital metal gear servo, no more replacements

I may end up getting one of the newer 5 or 6 channel ones. I like the flaps and lights.

Buzz.
Old 03-24-2012, 07:41 PM
CGRetired

ORIGINAL: levram1

CG. I have absolutely no problem with someone calling me a fool, as I have been called alot worse. And you haven't? BTW.. ''A fool and their money are soon departed'' was/is a figure of speech that has been around alot longer than you have. If you don't mind me saying. [img][/img]
Words have meaning. Season them properly because you never know when you will have to eat them.

CGr.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:00 PM
BIGMIG

Hello BUZZ and thanks for the reply.

If everything goes well with the airplane and order,i will put the plane togeather and plan on taking it up to my nephew to have him do the initial flight and he can check everything out for me and trim every thing out.He is big time into the electric planes and helicopters.(love to go to his place just to see all his models..His like mine looks like a toy store.)I do have my own fling field as i live out in the country,but it is all grass and a little rough.(not bad though )

It is a good looking plane in the pictures and the two video's i have seen with it being flown.I think i had seen elsewhere the same comment about using a heavier servo for the rudder and nose wheel.I have made some pretty hard landings at times and most likely still will. (hope to improve more with my ability -but i'm no youngster.. ) What i'm also concerned with is the small wheels and the fact i do have a grass field.(keep it cut short for flying with the ridding lawn mowerbut little wheels are little wheels.) That will be one of the discussions i'll have with my nephew as to if i can pull the wheel pants off and go with bigger lite-weight wheels to handle a grass field.A better and stronger servo my well come into play in this case.

Don't like the idea of pulling off the wheel pants as it is such a nice looking airplane.But i bought it to fly.Hope it's abilities will handle a grass runway..?

BIGMIG

Sorry about some of my spelling...it's not the best..
Old 03-24-2012, 08:36 PM
BIGMIG

One thing i'm now wondering about..........Got the email where the plane had been shipped....tracking #...went into "track" and seen it had been received in the sorting facility...when it was received...when it was loaded and the departure time, and that it was in route to portland oregon.Went in and looked again a short while ago and some of this info is now gone and it says.."EXCEPTION"...??

Not sure what that really means.?? Was wondering though when it was received thursday early eveing why it was not going to be delivered to me until tuesday.? I have had many orders from southern California and it does not take four days to get to me with a typical UPS shipment.Kind of stumped here as to what "EXCEPTION" means in this order..?

Seems like in the past i had this happen when UPS put an order on the wrong truck and sent it several hundred miles in the wrong direction............?

Well time will tell i guess......

BIGMIG

P.S. the shipping address is correct on the order and also on the UPS reply....?
Old 03-25-2012, 02:11 AM
AmishWarlord

"EXCEPTION"

That doesn’t sound good at all.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:26 AM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What I would do is take the wheel pants off and put larger wheels on when you fly off the grass. Then put the pants and smaller wheels on for the harder surfaces.

My brother and brother in law have this version of Cessna.

http://www.nitroplanes.com/93a300-14...e-rtf-24g.html

I can tell you it is a tough plane. Brother has a 25 foot by 60 foot patch of grass in his back yard. We hand launch them, fly around and do carrier landings on the tiny patch of grass. Well I was sitting on the bench he has just on the grass. He was doing a slow fly by, wind caught it, full power it snap rolled, looked like he had it, snapped again right into my lap from about 50 feet up. Broke a main gear leg, one wing strut, and a large dent in the leading edge of one wing from my raised arm.

It was back in the air in 15 minutes, just long enough for the 5 minute epoxy to setup .

Here is the servo we used. You could replace all of them with this one. Same size and weight.

http://www.hobbypartz.com/9gexidimeges.html

Buzz.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:27 AM
handyman 220
My Feedback: (54)

ORIGINAL: BIGMIG

One thing i'm now wondering about..........Got the email where the plane had been shipped....tracking #...went into ''track'' and seen it had been received in the sorting facility...when it was received...when it was loaded and the departure time, and that it was in route to portland oregon.Went in and looked again a short while ago and some of this info is now gone and it says..''EXCEPTION''...??

Not sure what that really means.?? Was wondering though when it was received thursday early eveing why it was not going to be delivered to me until tuesday.? I have had many orders from southern California and it does not take four days to get to me with a typical UPS shipment.Kind of stumped here as to what ''EXCEPTION'' means in this order..?

Seems like in the past i had this happen when UPS put an order on the wrong truck and sent it several hundred miles in the wrong direction............?

Well time will tell i guess......

BIGMIG

P.S. the shipping address is correct on the order and also on the UPS reply....?
99% of the time exception means just that, UPS did something dumb, which rerouted the shipment. I ship through UPS everyday and considering the amount of packages I've shipped in 10 years they lost one. Not a bad track record IMO. The detailed tracking should show you what happened. Worst case is UPS damaged it, and they are returning it to the vendor for replacement.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.