Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Now available: Cox Black Widow II - Golden Bee II - Venom II

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Now available: Cox Black Widow II - Golden Bee II - Venom II

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 11:11 AM
Cox International
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Now available: Cox Black Widow II - Golden Bee II - Venom II

Finally, they are in stock and available for same-day shipment:

http://coxengines.ca/cox-.049-engine-black-widow-ii.html

http://coxengines.ca/cox-.049-engine-golden-bee-ii.html

http://coxengines.ca/cox-.049-engine-venom-ii.html

Those of you that pre-orderd/reserved; you will be contacted by Nichole this afternoon.

Bernie
www.coxinternational.ca

Old 03-22-2012, 12:50 PM
Silvaire
My Feedback: (50)

Default RE: Now available: Cox Black Widow II - Golden Bee II - Venom II

Bernie,

First, I want to congratulate you on your considerable accomplishment of bringing these engines to market, and for doing so at a reasonable price.

I do have some concern as to your description of them being a "Custom engine assembled from Cox parts". From your previous press release posts regarding the introductions of some of the various components you have reproduced, I think I am correct in assuming that these engines are actually a combination of original Cox and current reproductions of Cox parts.

With original Venom engines, their limited numbers and high sales prices have already lead to "clones". There has been considerable discussion among collectors as to what constitutes an original Venom engine and how to identify one. If your Venom II engines have NO IDENTIFYING MARKINGS, this will lead to even more confusion in the collector market place.

Since original Cox engines are indeed serious collectables now, I don't think I am splitting hairs on these points.

I would suggest a slight change in the descriptions of your engines (clearly identifying the origins of their parts). I would also suggest using an obvious marking on your Venom II engines so that future buyers and sellers of them will not confuse them with originals. A simple scribed serial number on the bottom of the crankcase would do it. Unscrupulous sellers may still make clones of course, but you will not be responsible for the effects of unknowledgeable sellers who later unknowingly offer your engines as being original Venoms.

I know this is "unsolicited advice" from me, but I hope you will give these matters some consideration. You have the respect of many in the small engine community, and I think you will only strengthen that respect by CLEARLY IDENTIFYING your products as being EXACTLY what they are.

I do respect that this is a business for you, and I wish you all the best in your efforts to supply the niche market of Cox engines and parts.
Old 03-22-2012, 01:13 PM
Cox International
My Feedback: (10)

Default RE: Now available: Cox Black Widow II - Golden Bee II - Venom II

Silvaire,

Your comments are valid and I do not have a problem revisiting listing descriptions. You are correct in that some parts are OEM Cox and others are some we had manufactured to Cox specs.

Having said this, there is virtually no chance of anyone in the know to confuse our engines with the OEM Venoms, for example. Following are some reasons:

Cylinder and piston are different (highly visible)
The backplates have the fuel nipple cut off and the hole sealed with a glue gun (visible)
The backplates do not have screens
The filler tubes are epoxied inside the tank and the anodizing does not cover those spots (highly visible on the inside)
Our tanks use a circlip for the reed and not the black plastic retainer
And, most importantly, no OEM box and paperwork.

Engraving the engines would likely make no difference as red crankcases (after market anodizing) have been for sale for years, from us and from other sellers.

Don't get me wrong but, even before we came up with the Venom II, one could have made a way better clone thanours simply by using a Texaco crankcase and a Black Widow top and back end. Also, we are clearly not trying to pass these off as an OEM product. But, I will look at the listing details again.

Bernie
www.coxinternational.ca