Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

HPI's New Trophy Truggy Flux

Old 03-22-2012, 02:40 PM
danbo5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HPI's New Trophy Truggy Flux

For the little run time I got before the rear shock top broke, I was definitely impressed! The big bummer is those dopey idiots at HPI released the car before parts are available! That is, to say the least, very frustrating. We have to buy parts from overseas vendors at a premium price! Come on HPI, GET YOUR **** TOGETHER! I refuse to pay $14 for a plastic shock top (set of 4), specially when I have to also get the aluminum caps too. Most likely we will never need to replace the aluminum caps, so why are they included with the plastic inserts? That just increases the cost to enjoy this car. So, for now, it sits on the shelf. HPI has some good stuff ( I have several...5B SS, Savage XL, Hellfire, MT2) , but I am, overall, happier with Losi (5ive-T, 8ight-T, Ten-T, XXL). Sorry HPI, you have a LOT of work to do!
Old 03-22-2012, 02:43 PM
danbo5

Fu
Old 03-22-2012, 03:18 PM
mycarisaser

There are parts for the truck avalible. This is the same truck as the hotbodies lightning stadium truck. I just upgraded my shocks to the 3.5mm shafts as I broke the rear shafts twice already. The 3.5mm ones are very tough and I dont see braking them any time soon.

Amain hobbies is where I have been finding most of the parts I need . Just can't seem to find the front bumper. Luckly they ahave had everything else I needed
Old 04-04-2012, 01:54 PM
mycarisaser

Well been running the truck in race conditions and the motor is getting HOT . Motor was 164ºF at the end of the run. Thats hotter than I would like. I dont want to gear down as its only running 44mph. Just right for what Im doing. So is there a heat sink that will fit perfectly for the hobbywing motor thats in this thing? I remember seeing one but dont remember where.
Old 04-04-2012, 02:01 PM
mycarisaser

Also forgot to add I bought 4 G-force batts from value hobbies and well 3 out of the 4 have a bad cell in them. It took 29minutes just to balance the lipo on a cell pro 10S charger. So 46 minutes to get it to 99% and 29 minutes to balance the 2 cells Wont be buying these again. The one thats good takes no time to balance. To think this charger tries to balance th ecell the entire time it chargers. So to have them that far out to take 30 minutes to balance them at the end is just nuts (that one battery is the worst out of them all but none should be having this issue)
Old 04-06-2012, 04:15 AM
mycarisaser

Looks like the castle creation fan will work on this motor. The motor is 39.8mm wide and so is a neu smooth can motor thats its made for so I'm picking one of those up on my next trip to the LHS