Community
Search
Notices
Multi Rotor Helicopters Discuss Multi rotor RC Helicopter's here!

Hk quad leaning!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 09:07 PM
Drinker with a flying problem.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hk quad leaning!

Hi all,
I am using a HK quad board, I have a problem! My quad was set up as per the instructions and flew in the + configuration with factory settings. The quad flew great for about the first 6 or 7 flights then it developed some odd behavior. The model began to lean off to the left quite sharply and the board makes no attempt to correct.
This happens on each flight now, about 10 seconds of flight then a lean off to the left. I have reflashed into an x configuration and have tried using several other software versions and the quad still flies great for about ten seconds then leans off to the left!
Quad is balanced, all speediest are the same with same settings and all motors are the same.
Just to mention again, it flew great for the first 6 or 7 times before this "lean" started happening.
Has anyone else experienced this with a quad and better still, does anyone know ow to remedy this problem?
Kindest regards
DWAFP.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:36 AM
djwickles

Default RE: Hk quad leaning!

Hi DWAFP, I am new to quads but have been investagating. I ran across this article,

http://diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/...5-3-yaw-issues .

It sounds the like the same issue. Hope it helps you.

Dan Wickles
Old 05-13-2012, 05:47 AM
randall1959
My Feedback: (11)

Could be a couple of things. What are you using to isolate your board from your frame? You can get really good foam for the Gaui 330XS to mount the board on. Also make sure your board is absolutely level and all your motors are level as well.
Sometimes with the kk boards it's just a matter of setting the trim.
Old 05-13-2012, 09:34 AM
Drinker with a flying problem.

Thanks for your replies men!

After hours of fiddling and component swapping and more fiddling and flashing and swearing and cussing I found the problem!

It turned out to simply be a high resistance in the crimp connection on my jst plug which is / was the main power supply to the quad. My board was powering up fine and sufficient current was passing to allow the quad to get airborne but then after a few seconds of flight, when under load, the quad would behave exactly as it does with a flat battery, lean off to one side. Because this is my first quad, I hadnt seen its behaviour with a flat battery pack so was unable to say "hhhhmmmm its beahving like it has a flat battery"

I only noticed the fault when I felt the jst connector to be very warm while tinkering!

Lots of lessons learned!

Thanks once again for your help guys!
Old 05-13-2012, 04:06 PM
randall1959
My Feedback: (11)

You never really should use crimp connectors on a multirotor for exactly the reason of the problem you experienced. Even bullet connectors can be a weak link.