Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Unusual R/C > R/C Sky Diving
Reload this Page >

Need to know how to fold a Robbe Charly chute

Community
Search
Notices
R/C Sky Diving Discuss all aspects of r/c sky diving and divers here!

Need to know how to fold a Robbe Charly chute

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 06:59 AM
roknHS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need to know how to fold a Robbe Charly chute

I have a Robbe Charly diver with a ~4ft chute..........I have no experience and no directions. It has been said, there are lots of these divers out there and if I post the question on this forum, someone will surely help me along.
I need to know the basics about Charly. A copied set of directions would be nice. If that doesn't happen, then some guidance on folding the chute so it fits in the box on Charly's back and opens before he hits the ground. I would guess the starting position of Charly's arms will have a pronounced effect on the angle of attack of the canopy upon opening..............that has to be important for the cells to fill and the canopy to glide and not stall. Although I will probably favor static line jumps, it would be good to know how the cord closure for the chute box works. I believe it involves a rubber band, the cord with a hook on one end and some cotter pins on the other and the metal hole in Charly's shoulders. For the someone who reads this and has never seen a Charly diver, most of that last sentence will make no sense. Hopefully, if I'm overlooking some important, must know, basic, everybody ought to know sky diver stuff, you all will include that in any reply.

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:43 AM
R/C Skydiver
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Need to know how to fold a Robbe Charly chute

I have made a video for another "Charly" owner who was having more dirt dives than successfull jumps. The video shows my (and others) modifications to the drop box and other things done to get at least 90 % success in chute deployment. It also has info and visuals about chute packing, drop boxes for your plane, etc. The quality of the video is not 1st class but it should answer many of your questions. I will be happy to send you a copy if you will send your mailing address to me.

Jim
Old 03-26-2012, 06:11 AM
roknHS

PM has been sent.......Thanks
Old 03-26-2012, 10:31 AM
R/C Skydiver

Didn't receive your email. (2:30 today)

Jim
Old 03-26-2012, 11:10 AM
R/C Skydiver

Got your pm. Cd on the way tomorrow. Don't worry about pruinted instructions. Think the cd will cover all you need to know.