Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

We need RC Consumers website.

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 08:28 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: We need RC Consumers website.

All even vaguely political comments deleted. You guys know the rules.

On the subject of mkranitz or anyone else participating in this topic being 'in league' with the OP, I can find no evidence of it, so I'm afraid that's where that discussion ends too.

Let's get back on topic please.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:34 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For what it's worth, here are my 2c on the matter...

NOTHING, except, oh, nothing. Is unbiased.

Even not-for-profit blogs are skewed by a single person's experience. In worse cases, you see good products being rated down by people who are simply not competent, or are not even the demographic at which a product is aimed. Compound that by the fact that people are greedy. Greed is, in fact, infinite. The Ferengi are right on the money, no pun intended. Why is this important? Because any site that would be of so much value to so many enthusiasts would get a lot of visits. Therefore, advertising would appear, therefore agendas would start. There are a hundred other reasons why no venture such as this has ever been considered truly impartial, but mostly it comes down to one of the above.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:37 AM
nitrohead5300

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This website is very fair and comes very close to being a RC Consumers website in my opinion . The reviews and evalurations of products are very fair and objective in my opinion. And the members on here are very open minded and helpful. You are also aloud to discuss products and voice opinions without censorship like othe websites.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:41 AM
nitrohead5300

Good point foxy nothing is 100% unbiased.
Old 03-26-2012, 01:07 PM
Max_Power

Ferengi? Like on Star Trek? No Sci Fi space politics please.....
Old 03-26-2012, 01:23 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: AmishWarlord

mkranitz,

I checked out your magazine last night. Wow! Looks great. I think your 10 years ahead of everyone else on this.

Hey on a technical side how well dose your magazine perform on the new multimedia E-readers like the Fire? Seems like your really stressing the i-pad.

Might have to go with an i-pad just for your magazine!

I've stayed away from Apple in my computing but looks like I'm going to have to jump on the Apple cart.

Turbo Tax gave me the best argument on getting a Mac instead of a PC for my next computer that I have ever seen.

i can do that stuff blindfolded now, mac isnt without its bugs.
i never buy any mags either A- it will make me want to buy something or B- i already knew the tech tip.
Old 03-26-2012, 03:35 PM
Max_Power

Magazines can definitely be nice, But with the amount of advertisements it always seems like I am paying a dime a page to read a review that is right opposite the manufacturer's ad. It blows my mind that Tower will send out a stack of paper a month advertising the same products they have advertised for 4 years, yet won't try to write some text or pics of a new model in action to try to excite us?
Old 03-26-2012, 07:11 PM
kcc

I miss some of the reviews from R/C Report. I was really sorry to see them goGordon was a straight shooter.
In looking for a place to research stuff, you can look on ripoffreport.com for the really bad companies. They welcome responses from companies, but will not delete the original post. Just another thought.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:42 AM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Honestly how long would it take 10 people to review 50% of the cars out there and then log it into a searchable web page with some kind of rating & score....???? and thats just cars...

IMO nothing beats word of mouth & forums.... but I must admit Ive head people bashing on a paticular HPI Drift car that dont know anything about them, what parts are available & there common faults... but mainly how to resolve the cars issues
Old 03-27-2012, 06:41 AM
straitnickel

i hear you and agree with you 150%
Old 03-28-2012, 01:27 PM
LTJeeper

Ran by the government?! That would take around 2,336,876,812,456 pages of legislation just to determine which font to use! I hope that was sarcasm and I missed it coming through the computer!
Old 03-28-2012, 01:48 PM
nitrohead5300