Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

radio box servo questions

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

radio box servo questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 09:16 PM
o1marc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default radio box servo questions

Been about 20 years since I played with this boat and I am going to finally paint it and sell my whole set up. I opened the radio box and found the years have aged everything inside. The battery holder fell apart(no biggie, new one for $1.69). My question is what is the yellow thing the servos connect to? I see the steering servos plug into a junction going to the yellow thing and the throttle servo goesstraight to the yellow thing without a connection that I can see. If I recallcorrectly the servos are all stand alone units. How do they all hook up to the yellow thing and the on/off switch? I want to get this running again so I can sell the complete package ready to run.

Old 03-31-2012, 10:03 PM
frank haydu

Default RE: radio box servo questions

i believe the yellow thing is your reciever under the yellow balloon , do you still have the radiothat goes with it ? i would put some brand new batterys in , turn the switch on at the servo box , flip on the radio and see what you got working . what kind of boat did it come out of ? it looks like a prather boat from here . if it is i was curoius how the rest of the radio box looked like , i am rebuilding a prather lap cat 2 tunnell hull , and my radio box didnt come out the guy before me epoxyed it in place , if you could take a couple of pictures of it to see if i am on the right track . i hope i answered your question , the main guys here will get you straightend out , i if i was wrong . was i guys ?
Old 03-31-2012, 10:14 PM
o1marc

The boat is a Prather 36" Tunnel Hull. Yes I have the radio still. The batteries are rechargables and I cleaned them and put them in the charger and they amazingly are taking a charge. Epoxying the box in sounds foolish to me. My boat has weights in the hull to help trim it out and they came loose. I wolld be screwed if the box were epoxied in. Mine is just siliconed in as well as silicone on the clear radio box cover to water proof (resist)them. The other end of the radio box just houses the fuel tank. It has a K&B 7.5cc outboard motor.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo41510.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	1745287  
Old 03-31-2012, 10:39 PM
o1marc

Heres some shots of the radio box.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec89348.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	1745288   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk31065.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	1745289   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kp35181.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	292.5 KB
ID:	1745290  
Old 04-01-2012, 06:31 AM
o1marc

So thats a balloon? Well it might have been 20 years ago. Now it is hard as a rock and sealed around the receiver. I was able to scrape away enough of it to get the crystal and identify it. I think I can tape the battery box back together temporarily to see if it fires up and works. Thanks for your help.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:10 AM
Jackercsweden

if you wrap the box tightly and fixes a good lid so it will be better and if it is plastic so you do not like water balloons protection! also buy a silicon strip to put around the capbecause that would certainly really good!

my Regards Jackercsweden

check my youtube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/TheJacke08 

Radio box clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bV9ZFFlzCg&list=PL31C4B7F41F4F4DDF&index= 5&feature=plpp_video
Old 05-04-2012, 07:26 AM
o1marc

ORIGINAL: Jackercsweden

if youwrapthe boxtightly andfixesa goodlidsoit will be betterand if it isplasticso you do notlike waterballoonsprotection!also buya siliconstripto putaround the capbecause that would certainlyreally good!

myRegardsJackercsweden

check my youtube channel :http://www.youtube.com/user/TheJacke08

Radioboxclip:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bV9ZFFlzCg&list=PL31C4B7F41F4F4DDF&index= 5&feature=plpp_video
The radio box itself is well sealed with silicone during normal use. The only thing I didn't recognize was that the receiver was in a balloon because after sitting on the shelf for 20 years the balloon was dried up and brittle. I have replaced the 4-AA battery box with a new one and am ready to reassemble everything after the paint is finished.
Thanks,
Marc