Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

PARKZONES NEW P-47

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 04:35 PM
mad web tv scientist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: PARKZONES NEW P-47

[] Evidently our message about the proper care and storage of LiPo batteries early on this thread failed to make a successful impression. I just finished writing a review on the new Mk IX Spitfire where it seems that instead of correcting the error, there has been a doubling down effort in the Instruction Manual to encourage the battery damaging storage practice of storing batteries at full charge. Fully charging batteries should only be done if flying is anticipated within two weeks or so.

The Thunderbolt has proven to be one of my very best looking and flying airplanes that deserves to be flown a lot more than is currently the case. Fortunately, When flight is eminent I have total confidence that after a good peak charge of its batteries the ship will perform as expected.

Once my other planes are tuned to fly as well as they can the P-47 will get the attention it deserves. It is trully a great plane.

Out.

__________________________________________________ __
FIGHTERS - AVIATION'S ULTIMATE CALL TO GLORY, HONOR, AND IMMORTALITY - Please see immortality promoting Blog - Rom. 2.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:54 PM
flyntruk
My Feedback: (5)

My wing man "DOC" and I both have the P-47  in our hangers .  They come out to fly CAP  at our local field . When we fly in formation , against the sky hard to tell from the real thing .  And they sound real sweet  when making a low level strafing run , then pulling up into a victory  roll . No flaps on our p[lanes tho . We have the luxury of a long approach  on final
Old 09-13-2011, 07:41 PM
Voodoo101
My Feedback: (1)

I mostly only use my flaps on take off now. From what I can tell they don't really do all that much to slow the P-47 on final. Great flying plane either way.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:51 AM
mad web tv scientist

[sm=lol.gif][sm=cry_smile.gif] Welcome to the Snortin' Bull Squadron! Definitely a beautiful looking and flying airplane! The inordinately light weight of my 47 makes flaps a fun speed control system. I almost modified one of my PZ 109s with flaps as a result of experiences with the Thunderbolt. Problem was I just couldn't stand to add weight to this 32 ounce Messerschmitt.

The bottom line is to have fun even with all of our differences.

Out.

__________________________________________________ _
FIGHTERS, AVIATION'S ULTIMATE CALL TO GLORY, HONOR, AND IMMORTALITY - Please see immortality promoting Blog - Rom. 2.
Old 11-28-2011, 01:48 PM
mad web tv scientist

[sm=lol.gif][sm=cry_smile.gif] "FIGHTERS: THE ETERNAL WARRIORS

IT IS HARD TO THINK OF A MACHINE that evokes such universal feelings of power, heroism and lethal grace as the WW II fighter. . . . Still, here we are, several generations removed from their time on center stage and we are more captivated by them today than at any time in history. The allure of the machines and the young men who flew them is captivating and, it seems, is eternal."- How's that for some fantastic rhetoric by the editor BUDD DAVIDSON of the latest edition of WW II FIGHTERS?

I had to post the above while I still could. My cursor kept jumping around forcing me to do maneuvering that is normally associated with hacker attacks. Maybe now that the enemy knows we mean business he will keep his distance. Just yesterday it was confirmed that hackers are being caught with their pants down, so, come on punk(s), MAKE MY DAY!

Back to fighters now that we have evidently scared the bogie(s) off, at least temporarily. This thread is probably the most appropriate for discussing some of the very accurate and entertaining information about the "BEST FIGHTER OF WW II." Because of the fun that can be had with fellow fighter friends, I always enjoy carying a P-51 GUNFIGHTER along with my P-47 THUNDERBOLT on possible fighter sweep and CAP missions.

The P-47 is now equpped with a prop that will literally lift it straight up at just over half power with a "half discharged" battery. This should make scale like performance easier to enjoy in mild weather. At the moment I am awaiting special props on order that may have the capability to work as well or better on my "Snortin'Bull" than my "Just Fly at Any Altitude" Wildcat props do on the cat.

One more little detail - The "Flight Suit attitude" (fighter pilot courage) of those responsible for daring to tell the truth about the "Vickers Vimy" (Page 2&3 in the above mentioned magazine) may very well be the "BREAK OUT EVENT" needed to open people's eyes to the culture war that must be won by the good guys.

Okay, My observation is that the underlying reasons for the "BEST FIGHTER OF WW II" had a lot to do with the cost of the fighters and their logistics. Korea for example, needed a lot of airplanes fast and at that time the "mostest for the leastest" may have been a big factor in choosing "the best fighter" under such dire circumstances. "Little things" like prop clearance and weight might also have been a factor when considering uncertain runway conditions, not to mention fuel consumption.

It would be fun to read some friendly reactions to some of the above statements. Hopefully, we may very well be on a roll here that fighter fans can all enjoy participating in.

So, let's continue to strive to fly, fight and win!

Attention Newbies, click "Rating" on the top of page 1 of this forum to bring up other immortal fighters all in a big and getting bigger group. Hurry, or you may miss out on the war!

Out.

P.S. I wonder who is tampering with my smileys? They usually don't show the red "Xs" quite as long as has been the case recently. Evidently the Fascist's dirty little tricks are working to take out our allies. This could be long war, but the end is not in doubt.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:12 PM
Wolfala

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmQedaeeE1I[/youtube]
Old 12-25-2011, 05:13 PM
mad web tv scientist

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Wolfala, thank you for your video additions to our thread.

Squadron, please sing, "do you see what I see?" to the tune of, "Do You Hear What I Hear?"
Now look closely at AMA's new Logo. Yes!, that is a P-47D with a bubble canopy!
Are our fighters important for the victory of modeling, or what?

[sm=lol.gif][sm=cry_smile.gif]
FIGHTERS - AVIATION'S ULTIMATE CALL TO GLORY, HONOR, AND IMMORTALITY - http://community-2.webtv.net/RICHARD...4/CALLTOGLORY/

P.S. I suspect that we may have a mole or two or three in the organization who may be responsible for smiley tampering crimes against humanity. Earlier in my fighter pilot career it became impossible to post anything about my airplanes in my dossier which has always seemed to be at least a little suspicious. True character, or the lack of it, always eventually manifests itself.

Old 01-09-2012, 12:37 PM
mad web tv scientist

PREPARE TO HAVE YOUR MIND BLOWN!

WWII fighter pilot lingo is now in the media! Maybe it was a little too off color and/or crude for the more sophisticated morally modest media intelligentcia elitists after the war, but it may now be resonating in today's "culture."

Fighter planes worked really great at embarrassing the enemy with sneek attacks during WWII and a phrase developed probably with the British first that surely clearly expresses the embarassment suffered by the victim of such attacks. For the very first time in my memory the very descriptive humilating phrase appeared at least twice in the media last week. Please check out the "Lingo" used to describe what is happening to hackers in post #127 - "coincidence?" I can't prove anything one way or another but the "coincidences" keep piling up. Inspiration from fighter plane excitement is surely having a positive result thanks to the unstoppable values that built Western Civilization in general and the U S of A in particular.

[sm=lol.gif] [sm=lol.gif] [sm=lol.gif]

__________________________________________________ __
FIGHTERS - AVIATION'S ULTIMATE CALL TO GLORY, HONOR, AND IMMORTALITY - http://community-2.webtv.net/RICHARDPORTER4/CALLTOGLORY
Old 03-15-2012, 10:51 AM
mad web tv scientist

"A BOLT FROM THE BLUE" has made an appearance this month in an aviation history magazine (April 2012) entitled: "Flight Journal!" It is the very first advertisment - FULL PAGE ADVERTISMET! Look for "FLAK BAIT!" on the front cover of the magazine. You can almost be guranteed that if PZ advertises fighters in it, the magazine will be worth buying and enjoying as a piece of worthy history. Are we living in exciting times or what?

(to be continued)

The THUNDERBOLT also got some interesting attention on a recent history program that I recorded that must be shared. The lightened B-29 atomic bomber could out turn a P-47 above 30,000 feet. How about that?

Soon as the weather gets better my Snortin'Bull and GUNFIGHTER fighters will fly fighter sweeps behind enemy lines just to confuse the enemy who has been lulled into a fatal sence of complacency by my amateurish attempts to land Hurricane, Messerschmitt, and Spitfire fighters - not to mention my abused heavily armed two (2) extra Lewis machine guns balloon busting RAF SE5 that almost always ends up on its nose in spite of landing gear modifications.

TAKE BACK THE SKY AND/OR GET BACK TO THE FRONT!

Out.

[] [sm=lol.gif][sm=cry_smile.gif]

FIGHTERS - AVIATION'S ULTIMATE CALL TO GLORY, HONOR, AND IMMORTALITY - http://community-2.webtv.net/RICHARD...4/CALLTOGLORY/

Spitfire Brotherhood #64 - Post # 407 - Battle of Britain and Winston Churchill relevancy to modeling -

Old 04-02-2012, 08:27 AM
gunnut

Just got the beautiful 'Snortin Bull' Plug n Play. (actually my wife got it for me) I was hoping to do the maiden flight this morning but 10mph winds are a little too much for a first flight in my opinion. Has anyone had a problem with the stock fixed landing struts being bent badly out of the box? Mine seems to have a horrible toe-in, like it won't even roll. I just got done bending it back to what looks and feels better. I can't even tell you guys how excited I am over this model! Any tips for a first flight?
Old 04-02-2012, 08:29 AM
Wolfala

Yr wheels are installed backwards. Reverse them - left to right and right to left.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:45 AM
Voodoo101
My Feedback: (1)

OK, it's been a while since I've been on here. Haven't flown my P-47 for quite a while. It seems that with the retracts installed the gear are really close to the CG, and she want's tot tip over during takeoff attempts and forget about taxiing back to the pit area.

I have been told that I'm probably flying here a little too nose heavy. So if you guys know of a good safe CG point that will help with my taxi problems and still not cause major flight problems, please let me know.

Oh, and what would you consider to be the best replacement prop for the Jug and still be something I can buy readily at a LHS or order from HH.

Thanks guys, keep 'em flying,

Bert

Old 04-02-2012, 08:57 AM
gunnut

ORIGINAL: Wolfala

Yr wheels are installed backwards. Reverse them - left to right and right to left.
hahaha oh man.. my face is red. yep you're right. Guess I rushed thru putting her together [:@] Thanks Wolf
Old 04-02-2012, 10:09 PM
mad web tv scientist

gunnut, congratulations on the ownership of your new P-47! It really is a great plane.

Yes, she needs to be balanced about 1/4 inch further back than what is shown in the Instructin Manual. I use 18 gage soft steel hooks and rubber bands to hold the back of the battery that is
located far enough back to locate the CG on a better point. This should help with landing gear equipped ships.

Voodoo, I find that the APC 12 X 8 E used with a 40 Amp ESP provides great performance.

Gotta run, PC is acting up.

Out.

__________________________________________________ ___

__________________________________________________ ___
Spitfire Brotherhood (All Spitfires Welcome) #64 - Post # 407 - Battle of Britain & Winston Churchill relevancy to modeling

Facebook fans, as of 5/10/12 the following URL no longer works. Something really bad has destroyed my Facebook account. http://www.facebook.com/richard.porter.167 and scroll down to the fighter plane pictures and other exciting stuff.

Old 05-09-2012, 02:08 PM
mad web tv scientist

ALERT! HACKER ATTACKS!

A friend has brought it to our attention that insulting fake messages are being sent signed with other peoples name's. For the record, I never send insulting messages to anyone. Any message that is not harmonous with what I can clearly read on my publicly posted compositions is a lying fake.

It just dawned on me that others may not be seeing the same thing I see. I may have to provide character witnesses. For example, I have never gotten a response about the red "X" that shows up in place of my "action smileys" on my older fighter posts (the top post on this page has shown the "X" problem for a long time now - they worked okay when I first installed them). I've known from my "Badius beginning" that my
e-mail was being tampered with.

So, PLEASE DON'T ALLOW THE ENEMY TO DIVIDE AND CONQUER US!

Something really suspicious is going on. Just remember, they can't kill all of us, at least not right away, there are still too many witnesses.

So, let's get back to having fun here with, arguably, the best fighter of WWII in the European Theater! (If this won't get conversations going, nothing will!) Fighter pilot courage will be needed to stay in the fight.

Rich

PS If there is not enough excitement here please check out the updated last post. Excitement is guaranteed or you're dead!

"mad thorium batteries" typed into YAHOO search brings up revolutionary energy technology that cannot be suppressed. I am looking forward to flying my Thunderbolt with those new thorium plasma batteries.
Old 07-07-2012, 01:47 PM
mad web tv scientist

Our Snortin' Bull Thunderbolt flies so nicely that it just doesn't get the attention it deserves. Other planes that "require" attention to shape them up and fly right tend to take up all my time. I simply must develop better ROG landing skills with my gear equipped ships and who knows when there will be time to again enjoy the pure pleasure of flying my inordinately light P-47. It really flies great with the APC 12 X 3.8 SF prop. Just to enjoy an extra margin of safety I added some carbon fiber tow reinforcement around the hub area of the prop. A couple of leather spacers are used on the shaft and some sanding on the back of the hub is usually needed to "track" the prop tips. Even with a half discharged stock battery the ship was able to fly almost straight up and perform a victory roll while flying straight up at my usual normal highest altitude of flight operations. It is a lot of fun to fly with its working flaps. The wind was strong enough on this last time out that flaps were not used during landings. The Jug is a great belly lander.

More shortly.

The 12 X 3.8 SF will not work for me on the PZ Mk. IX Spitfire. I attribute this to all the drag caused by scoops and the large PZ 109 wheels I added to help out with landings. The 47 weighs about the same as my Spit. It was surprising to observe such different behavior with these two planes.

Needless to say I can hardly wait until these machines have "THORIUM PLASMA BATTERIES" in them that could allow flight times much longer than what was possible with the full scale original fighters. If health holds out I would enjoy honoring those brave fighter pilots to whom so much was owed by so many to so few by putting up a "commemoration flight" or two with as long or longer duration than the original full scale fighters for which we owe so much. Normal pleasurable flight times with those super batteries will probably be around one hour depending upon circumstances.

The bottom line is I will land when I feel like it, not when some silly timer dictates it - freedom in the air, how could anything be more glorious!?

Out.

Spitfire Brotherhood (All Spitfires Welcome) #64 - Post #407 - Battle of Britain & Winston Churchill relevancy to modeling - http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=11007416 _

SPITFIRE EXCITEMENT! Facebook's finest hour - http://www.facebook.com/richard.porter.167 (There is a "malware" problem on either my PC or Facebook's web site as the display on Facebook is different between my PC and other web equipment owned by other accounts. It's like the action smileys and "red X" problem I have reported on other threads.) Due to the unanticipated important information about the revolutionary thorium plasma battery technology on top it is now necessary to scroll down to the "buried treasure Spitfire" posts.

"mad thorium batteries" typed in Yahoo and/or Google brings up great information about thorium plasma batteries.

PS A large group of Ace Fighters will pop up together if "Rating" on the first page of this forum is clicked on.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:19 PM
mad web tv scientist

STIFFENING FIREWALL/MOTOR MOUNT TO MINIMIZE POSSIBLE VIBRATION PROBLEMS

Because the Snortin'Bull can use the same prop as the one that works so well on the Corsair F4U-1A it might be useful to do the same treatment on PZ's fine bird (please see the five star F4U-1A for details). Carbon fiber tow can be ordered from the web, or in the case of the P-47 Thunderbolt's firewall, hobby shop carbon solid structural material should also work well to eliminate flexing. The 47 is really a great model.

Out.

Spitfire Brotherhood (All Spitfires Welcome) #64 - Post #407 - Battle of Britain & Winston Churchill relevancy to modeling - http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=11007416 PLEASE SEE
POST 852 (Page # 35) on Spit thread for FANTASTIC INFO. See why we fight - www.goodfight.com
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________
The following URL brings up the most concise, non-technical (with technical references) discussion about the revolutionary THORIUM PLASMA BATTERY technology I have found on the web. ENJOY! Oh what fun we are going to have in the future of flight!
http://www.ecocarforum.com/ev-forums...t_a_recha.html
Old 03-26-2013, 07:25 PM
mad web tv scientist

Old 10-21-2013, 11:22 PM
mad web tv scientist

A beautiful fact about the PZ P-47 Thunderbolt is that it makes a really great belly lander. With the tail wheel as well as the main gear removed it can be made to look a lot like the above picture (assuming it will post - I have been having a lot of trouble with my pictures, please see F4F, F6F and the other P-47 thread to see what I mean).

I have developed an "automatic variable pitch prop" similar in operation the ones reported in my PZ GUNFIGHTER and Wildcat posts on those threads that are so flexible that they should never break on landings and; they should provide practical power at any practical modeling altitudes. More testing is needed. So far 6500 feet to down on the deck looks really great. This prop makes both my P-47 and belly landing PZ Corsair qualify as my "JUST FLY AT ANY ALTITUDE" fighters. Because of their lighter weight and practical slower speeds along with effective working flaps they can be flown safely in the smaller spaces that are just a little too dangerous for heavier machines. Cutting the props mentioned in my last post to 11.5 inches keeps the amperage safely below 40 amps without the need of any limiting device on the throttle when using a 40 amp ESC.

Rolling in to attack!

Out!

__________________________________________________ ______________________
FIGHTERS - AVIATION'S ULTIMATE CALL TO GLORY, HONOR, AND IMMORTALITY (Rom. 2)
__________________________________________________ _______________________________________
Spitfire Brotherhood (All Spitfires Welcome) #64 - Post #407 - Battle of Britain & Winston Churchill relevancy to modeling - http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=11007416 PLEASE SEE POST 852 (Page # 35) on Spit thread for FANTASTIC INFO. See why we fight - www.goodfight.com
__________________________________________________ ___________________________________
The following URL brings up the most concise, non-technical (with technical references) discussion about the revolutionary THORIUM PLASMA BATTERY technology I have found on the web. ENJOY! Oh what fun we are going to have in the future of flight!

''mad thorium batteries'' typed in Yahoo and/or Google brings up some great information about thorium plasma batteries.

Last edited by mad web tv scientist; 11-26-2013 at 06:08 PM.
Old 10-23-2013, 09:13 AM
mad web tv scientist

Is the picture I just posted here visible to anyone but me? The Thunderbolt picture I posted above in my last post here can no longer be seen by me. Others can see the picture I just posted on the Spitfire Brotherhood thread. Can anything be done to stop the sabotage of my web work? Maybe I should stop trying to make modeling a part of science/history enrichment education.

Last edited by mad web tv scientist; 11-26-2013 at 06:07 PM.
Old 10-23-2013, 09:44 AM
mad web tv scientist

Well, guess what just happened!!! Yes, just after posting my last message the P-47 suddenly appeared so I couldn't resist copying and posting it here. The question is, can anyone else see it besides me. Thank you in advance for responding to my question.

TRUTH IS WINNING! I have an unshakable faith in the inevitable triumph of truth and that modeling will play an inseparable role. Please check out the "TAILVIEW" article in the current issue of "Flight Journal" and see if you agree.

Last edited by mad web tv scientist; 11-26-2013 at 05:33 PM.
Old 10-29-2013, 03:36 AM
guapoman2000

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Well guys,

Sunday a bunch of us tried out the High School School Concrete Band practice area near my house and its one nice site that we have used for years. Just recently we have had several issues with RF jamming at one certain area and one nice FMS Henschel Hs 123 1030mm went down at the same very spot my beloved Park Zone P-47D Thunderbolt came down.

I was inverted (many flights prior) and the model was at its turning lap and all of a sudden the Model did not respond to my increased Down Elevator input to keep it level and she sunk downwards and nothing I could do...:censored:

We all heard a very LOUD BOOM and I just thought (SHE IS DONE). Walking and crossing the street, we found it at the sidewalk and not bad at all considering the hard hit and very LOUD and nerve wracking thud.opcorn:

I have no idea how the model right side itself but, we found her on its belly!

I have already started on the repairs and got all the SPARE PARTS!

A few pictures!

Old 10-29-2013, 03:37 AM
guapoman2000

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I really got to give Credit in the Design of this model, the Plastic Motor mount coupled with the Thick Plastic large Cowling really saved my model and most especially the Firewall. Only a small hairline crack was observed on the right side frontal FUSE area near the Firewall and where the Cockpit hatch area meets and nothing else.

Lots of people purchase the Aluminum metal Motor mount but, it is my thoughts that the plastic motor mount is very robust and during a crash like my model's it saved the motor and the entire FUSE structure to the point that it could be repaired.

I have used nothing but, GORILLA Wood Glue and certainly using the regular GORILLA White Glue would have been more appropriate, however, I was so impressed on the manner in which it repaired the Tail Section of my model's FUSE that I used it for the wing crack near the root - frontal section.

Again, a few pictures!

FUSE Tail section stronger than ever!

Wing is in pretty good shape, considering!

Took off Left Retract to work on the wing Crack!

Bracing Wing with slight pressure to allow glue to set and cure!

Got to be thankful for these parts that saved the model from more damage!

Not a scratch on the FIREWALL !!!

Motor mounted on a new Motor Mount!

Repairing the Frontal FUSE Crack!

Securing to keep pressure and allow glue to set and cure!

Old 10-29-2013, 11:18 AM
Chucksolo69

I just got this bird and installed the Eflight retracts. I will maiden her tomorrow. Very nice looking plane.
Old 11-06-2013, 04:31 PM
mad web tv scientist

Thanks to a very sympathetic wife, when suffering from crash depression I have usually managed to get a brand new plane to help endure the pain. Then, after a period of time I usually end up fixing the broken plane that then becomes a "war weary" spare. Fortunately, crashing over grass with lighter, slower planes like my no landing gear belly landing PZ P-47, PZ F4U, and smaller Park Flyers for example, generally causes far less damage that is fairly easy to repair than when crashing into hard surfaces.

Thought some might be interested to know why I tend to prefer nice grass areas when I have a choice. I am in the process of learning to land on a hard surface truck parking lot near my house, but I usually end up driving to a grass landing area not too far away.

Breaking off the attack now.

Out.

PS http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/...g&memid=266748 might help show a motive behind the destruction of my web sites

FIGHTERS - AVIATION'S ULTIMATE CALL TO GLORY, HONOR, AND IMMORTALITY (Rom. 2)
__________________________________________________ _______________
Spitfire Brotherhood (All Spitfires Welcome) #64 - Post #407 - Battle of Britain & Winston Churchill relevancy to modeling - http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=11007416 PLEASE SEE POST 852 (Page # 35) on Spit thread for FANTASTIC INFO. See why we fight - www.goodfight.com

__________________________________________________ ________________

''mad thorium batteries'' typed in Yahoo and/or Google brings up some great information about thorium plasma batteries

Last edited by mad web tv scientist; 11-26-2013 at 05:31 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.