Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - General
Reload this Page >

Nosen Citabria 105" WS

Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - General Discuss all other giant scale aircraft here.

Nosen Citabria 105" WS

Old 04-04-2012, 09:34 AM
mackey1
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nosen Citabria 105" WS

Hi,

I built a 105" wingspan Nosen Citabria from a kit and have a Q-35 on it. I need to know what the recommended control throws are. I lost my paperwork. Even specs from similiar airplanes would get me in the ballpark.

Thanks,

Bill
Old 04-04-2012, 05:05 PM
DougB1
My Feedback: (11)

Default RE: Nosen Citabria 105

I hope the plane does not weigh much cause those motors don't have the power of the newer motors the same size. I have a Champion Tri-Travler ( 105" ) with a Q-35 on it and it and would not think of flying it on ANY windy day, it just does not have that much power so I only fly it on almost non windy days ( 2-5 mph ). [&:]
Old 04-04-2012, 06:13 PM
mackey1

Citabria weighs 19 lbs w/o fuel. 20 lbs w/fuel 18 x 10 prop and I've only flown it once and takeoff was 1/2 to 3/4 throttle. No problem and it flew well. Had radio interference with JR radio so I just put a Spektrum set up in it. Now the control throws need to be set.

Wind? What does the wind have to do with it? Wind will shorten takeoff run but other than that the plane doesn't know anything about the wind.

Bill
Old 04-04-2012, 07:21 PM
DougB1

ORIGINAL: mackey1

Citabria weighs 19 lbs w/o fuel. 20 lbs w/fuel 18 x 10 prop and I've only flown it once and takeoff was 1/2 to 3/4 throttle. No problem and it flew well. Had radio interference with JR radio so I just put a Spektrum set up in it. Now the control throws need to be set.

Wind? What does the wind have to do with it? Wind will shorten takeoff run but other than that the plane doesn't know anything about the wind.

Bill
Mine only has rudder and elevator so cross winds is a little harder when the wind is blowing 10-15mph and this plane weigh's in around 30lbs !!! This plane was built 30 plus years ago and was flown in the "FIRST" IMAA event held at Tom Sawyer Park here in Louisville. So with the heavy weight,rudder/elevator and a weak motor it sometimes can be a hand full. I fly on windy days ( 15-20 ) with my big Rascal and it's a blast coming in crabbing it till touch down.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:49 AM
mackey1

Wow! You plane is heavy. Rudder & Elevator only! Now I understand your comments. You do have your hands full. What amount of throw do you have in your elevator?

Thanks,

Bill
Old 04-05-2012, 10:18 AM
DougB1

ORIGINAL: mackey1

Wow! You plane is heavy. Rudder & Elevator only! Now I understand your comments. You do have your hands full. What amount of throw do you have in your elevator?

Thanks,

Bill
ALL I CAN GET !!!! I swear the guy that built it must have had interest in a plywood company cause the fuse is 1/4 in ply and the elevator/rudder is solid. This baby ever goes in, someone in China better look out [:@]
Old 04-05-2012, 07:19 PM
jetfixr
My Feedback: (13)

Bill,

I just picked up one of these at an estate sale, but the center wing section was lost. Do you still have the plans for the one you built? Any chance you could scan the center section and send it to me so I can build one? I am sure it flies great, and I also have a Q35 for mine. Thanks for any help.

Jeff
Old 04-06-2012, 04:22 AM
mackey1

Jeff,

No on the plans, but it is just a "square" piece that would be easy to build. Let me get some pictures and thoughts together for you. It will be later today or tomorrow before I can do it.

Bill
Old 04-06-2012, 06:22 AM
jetfixr
My Feedback: (13)

Yeah, I didn't figure it was to difficult to build, but since the wings attach to it I wanted to do it right. Some pictures would be great! I also couldn't remember if there was supposed to be a window in it or not. Thanks for the help,

Jeff