Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Traxxas RTR 1/8 NRHA Funny Car Race Replica

Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Traxxas RTR 1/8 NRHA Funny Car Race Replica

Old 04-06-2012, 07:03 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Traxxas RTR 1/8 NRHA Funny Car Race Replica

ORIGINAL: proanti1

ORIGINAL: The_Shark

ORIGINAL: Taz_Hobbies

ORIGINAL: Ttam Says Blarg

Yea I wouldnt spend much more than 200 on the car. Especially when I can have the RJ Speed for 99 dollars..
Isn't that sort of trying compare apples & oranges?

RJ speed is a proven Funny car, sure its a kit, but big deal. fact is the RJ is probably a better car, and you can make it go like crazy for about $150 in electronics. TRAXXAS is ripping off people, stupid people nonetheless.

plus the RJ is made in the US of A not in China or Taiwan where the cost of labor is FAR less.
Have you seen what the chassis looks like?

It's a bit more complex than an RJ Speed car. It will also come with TQi and the new Traxxas branded Castle brushless system. Just adding those two things to an RJ Speed kit would bring the cost up near what the Traxxas car runs.

Yeah, you can throw some cheap HK electronics on an RJ speed chassis and not spend more than $200, but it's still not even close to the same thing. Just look at that chassis, it looks fantastic!
Yep, over-engineered, looks like a toy, looks like it would get it's but whooped by a RJ. Some of the best designs are the ones that are most simple.
Old 04-06-2012, 07:29 PM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This has got to be the coolest RC car I have EVER seen. I can't wait to buy more then one of these.
Old 04-06-2012, 07:30 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yep, over-engineered, looks like a toy, looks like it would get it's but whooped by a RJ. Some of the best designs are the ones that are most simple.
well for the people that love scale looks, and funny cars its probably a wet dream for them.

For those that like practical, and using their own electronics its a waste just how I see it.

Will say it looks nice though even though I'm not a funny car/drag race fan.

Here is a real drag race

Now get that image out of your head(god google images can come in quite handy on occasions)
Old 04-06-2012, 07:33 PM
The Hedgehog

Looks cool really, really cool. Might get more people into this already SMALL hobby. Not sure what bashing the model accomplishes, but I am guessing a lot of people will like this model.

Good for Traxxas, keep up the good work.
Old 04-06-2012, 07:43 PM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

Why do the people who don't like Traxxas' new drag car keep posting on this thread. We get it, you don't like it now move along. I think this is hands down the best thing that ever happened to RC. I can't wait.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:02 PM
silvermansteve
My Feedback: (2)

this is cool but i do not think the comparison to the rb car has much merit: you're comparing a polished scale model of something against a build-it-yourself, basic, raw, stripped down racer. most of us will probably buy neither!
Old 04-07-2012, 02:13 AM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

well for the people that love scale looks, and funny cars its probably a wet dream for them.

For those that like practical, and using their own electronics its a waste just how I see it.

Will say it looks nice though even though I'm not a funny car/drag race fan.

Here is a real drag race

Now get that image out of your head(god google images can come in quite handy on occasions)

LMAO..... Who's that?

Kinda reminds me of the ultimate rock crawler

Or the ultimate Mudder
Old 04-07-2012, 04:35 AM
bigcam406

lol,great pics.as far as the f/c is concerned,i like it.the looks,detailing is great.will i buy one? no,price too steep.ive been involved in drag racing for over 30 yrs and ive seen what John Force has accomplished in his career,and his record speaks for itself.i knew it would be a matter of time before someone would release a drag car from one of the mainstream companies.im wishing that Traxxas would release a Pro Stock using the Jato 3.3 and 2speed tranny.now,that,i would consider buying.
Old 04-07-2012, 04:55 AM
BLUESTAR502

Well Big Cam start saving your money word isa JEGS Mopar Pro stock is on the way electric or nitro not sure most likely electric.
Old 04-07-2012, 05:03 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: The Collector1

ORIGINAL: doug702

thanks for the link, someone previously said as long as john Force is not involved that would be cool. sorry dude force has a car coming out

Now everyone should know if your going to make replica drag cars your going to have the Legend among them...........
You mean Don Garlits?
Old 04-07-2012, 05:06 AM
bigcam406

who's releasing it Blue?
Old 04-07-2012, 05:06 AM
BLUESTAR502

No, The Jegs pro stock car
Old 04-07-2012, 05:09 AM
bigcam406

is JEGS releasing it or ??????
Old 04-07-2012, 05:09 AM
BLUESTAR502

Word is from the JEGS camp i would think traxxas.
Old 04-07-2012, 05:11 AM
bigcam406

thanks,should be interesting to see.love pro stock so much more than f/c.
Old 04-07-2012, 05:12 AM
BLUESTAR502

Hey Big i bet the nitro versions will be here before you know it. They probaly want to see how electric gos over

Old 04-07-2012, 05:13 AM
bigcam406

that would be nice.more realistic imo.
Old 04-07-2012, 06:30 AM
proanti1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: srt10

Yea I wouldnt spend much more than 200 on the car. Especially when I can have the RJ Speed for 99 dollars..

RJ speed is a proven Funny car, sure its a kit, but big deal. fact is the RJ is probably a better car, and you can make it go like crazy for about $150 in electronics. TRAXXAS is ripping off people, stupid people nonetheless.

plus the RJ is made in the US of A not in China or Taiwan where the cost of labor is FAR less.

It's a bit more complex than an RJ Speed car. It will also come with TQi and the new Traxxas branded Castle brushless system. Just adding those two things to an RJ Speed kit would bring the cost up near what the Traxxas car runs.

Yeah, you can throw some cheap HK electronics on an RJ speed chassis and not spend more than $200, but it's still not even close to the same thing. Just look at that chassis, it looks fantastic!
yeah baby!
nothing like paying 2 and 3 times the price for made in china! [:'(]
some of those so called cheap HK electronics that many want to bring up, are proven to beat out higher priced electronics in price and performance[:-]
Um, you're comparing an EZ Run to a Castle? The failure rate of these Chinese electronics is FAR higher than that of established manufacturers. Just looking through the forums, you see 'my $70 hobbywing burned up' posted about once a week. Performance? Yeah, you can buy a big ass Feigao motor and pair it with an 80 amp HK esc, but the chance of it burning up is a lot higher.

Besides, I was just making the point that the Traxxas radio system, and the brushless esc/motor cost quite a bit by themselves. Anyone buying just these things on a regular basis (a lot of people do) would find this car a pretty good deal.

Old 04-07-2012, 07:38 AM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

yeah baby!
some of those so called cheap HK electronics that many want to bring up, are proven to beat out higher priced electronics in price and performance[:-]
Um, you're comparing an EZ Run to a Castle? The failure rate of these Chinese electronics is FAR higher than that of established manufacturers. Just looking through the forums, you see 'my $70 hobbywing burned up' posted about once a week. Performance? Yeah, you can buy a big ass Feigao motor and pair it with an 80 amp HK esc, but the chance of it burning up is a lot higher.

Besides, I was just making the point that the Traxxas radio system, and the brushless esc/motor cost quite a bit by themselves. Anyone buying just these things on a regular basis (a lot of people do) would find this car a pretty good deal.

LOL
wow, looks like you should look around..
the failure rate of Castle esc are very very high!!
and for what they cost, many have moved over to other esc that are on the market..
many FE racers are now using other esc in our Fast Electic race boats... not a thought, but a real fact. to many failures out on the lakes ( one of the most reliable is the Turnigy/Seaking 180 and a big favorite and only 70bucks )
and I will say it agan.. the castle/traxxas motors are made down the street from other motor companies!
lots of things are made in china, put a traxxas sticker on it, and the costs go up 200%!
Old 04-07-2012, 07:39 AM
srt10

ORIGINAL: TheKennyKiller

Why do the people who don't like Traxxas' new drag car keep posting on this thread. We get it, you don't like it now move along. I think this is hands down the best thing that ever happened to RC. I can't wait.
this is a free open forum..
everyone has a right to post
Old 04-07-2012, 07:47 AM
DanMN

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

ORIGINAL: The Collector1

ORIGINAL: doug702

thanks for the link, someone previously said as long as john Force is not involved that would be cool. sorry dude force has a car coming out

Now everyone should know if your going to make replica drag cars your going to have the Legend among them...........
You mean Don Garlits?
Gotta agree on this. Big Daddy was and still is the king! I like Don Prudhomme too. Who's this Force guy?
Old 04-07-2012, 08:12 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

to be fair they say hobbywing but when you look at their ESC it says hobbyking on it, and is not a HW ESC. Seen it fairly often here.
Most the Hobby wings I seen fry are from people say using the 35A esc in a truck that should have a 65-120A esc, or they gear it to the moon [&:]

VS CC's liking to blow cause CC is too cheap to put a cap pack on their ESC's (they charge $20 extra...) where HW's have it built in. Some of their ESC's also seem to have high failure rates for BEC's.
Look at all the failure rates of CC's esc's on the savage flux XS [&:]

Only legit complaint I can say on HW which is warranted is how on the EZ-run ESC's 65A and under is how the fan is hooked straight to the battery, and not the BEC so the fan frys on 3S. Its a simple 2 min fix of just cutting the fan wires, and soldering to the BEC but still wish it was done by default.

For the record I have a MM ESC so before ppl say I don't own one to bash it
Old 04-07-2012, 08:13 AM
proanti1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah baby!

LOL
wow, looks like you should look around..
the failure rate of Castle esc are very very high!!
and for what they cost, many have moved over to other esc that are on the market..
many FE racers are now using other esc in our Fast Electic race boats... not a thought, but a real fact. to many failures out on the lakes ( one of the most reliable is the Turnigy/Seaking 180 and a big favorite and only 70bucks )
and I will say it agan.. the castle/traxxas motors are made down the street from other motor companies!
lots of things are made in china, put a traxxas sticker on it, and the costs go up 200%!
Haha, you're crazy dude.

You're not understanding the point I am trying to make.

The motor and ESC that come with that Traxxas car have a high retail price, regardless or quality. The radio is also expensive, regardless of quality. Those two things added together will nearly equal the price of the entire RTR package. I posted in response to someone commenting on the quality of chassis. Remove the electronics from the Traxxas chassis and it would run about the same price as one of the carbon drag cars.

Some castle motors are made by NEU China (not cheap), but not all of them. We're just talking about the motors anyways, the cheapest part to manufacture. Their ESCs are manufactured in Kansas, USA.

You do realize there are different production tiers right?

Old 04-07-2012, 08:16 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

The MMP, MMM, and old MM are made in KS, however, the Sidewinder es heche en Mexico.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:37 AM
srt10

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

to be fair they say hobbywing but when you look at their ESC it says hobbyking on it, and is not a HW ESC. Seen it fairly often here.
Most the Hobby wings I seen fry are from people say using the 35A esc in a truck that should have a 65-120A esc, or they gear it to the moon [&:]

VS CC's liking to blow cause CC is too cheap to put a cap pack on their ESC's (they charge $20 extra...) where HW's have it built in. Some of their ESC's also seem to have high failure rates for BEC's.
Look at all the failure rates of CC's esc's on the savage flux XS [&:]

Only legit complaint I can say on HW which is warranted is how on the EZ-run ESC's 65A and under is how the fan is hooked straight to the battery, and not the BEC so the fan frys on 3S. Its a simple 2 min fix of just cutting the fan wires, and soldering to the BEC but still wish it was done by default.

For the record I have a MM ESC so before ppl say I don't own one to bash it
Forgotten about the hpi stuff that keeps blowin..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.