Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Yak 54 90 What prop?

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Yak 54 90 What prop?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 07:03 PM
phatboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yak 54 90 What prop?

Hey guys. I picked up a Seagull Yak 54 90 ARF today. It has an OS .91 two stroke on it. Now I realize that it is definitly not overpowered at all, but it should be ok for some nice sport flying and a touch of 3d from what I have heard. What prop should I run on that engine to get the best stunt performance out of it? Currently its running an APC 14x6. Im thinking about picking up a 15x4 wood prop like a xoar and trying that as well.

I just wanted to get your thoughts on it. The plane is 8.5-10lbs flying weight depending on the engine, and I do plan to put a 1.50 four stroke on it later down the road. I am dieing to get out and fly, so looking for the best prop to toss it around with.

Thanks.
Old 04-07-2012, 07:51 PM
zacharyR
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Yak 54 90 What prop?

it's more of a sport plan imo
Old 04-07-2012, 08:14 PM
phatboy

Well I dont have anything more than sport skills at the moment. Well at least not in reality. I can fly some 3d maneuvers on G6 (harriers, hover, waterfall, torque rolls, rolling harriers with a foamy) but I havent had a real plane that is capable of anything more than loops and rolls, I know this one can do a little more than that, but I will mostly be "sport" flying it.
Old 04-09-2012, 04:04 AM
rolliedog12
My Feedback: (3)

Try a 15 x 4w prop, I used this on my O.S. 91fx and loved it.