Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more
Reload this Page >

E10 RTR Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II vs tamiya tt-01es

Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 04:15 PM
djb2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E10 RTR Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II vs tamiya tt-01es

hi everyone,

I am just getting back into rc. I recently purchased a mini e-revo and resurrected a couple of old stampedes. I also bought a losit micro t for inside. I now want to get something just for the street. i've looked at the traxxas rally cars but i dont really want to be slipping and sliding around. i'd like something that can take a corner at a decent speed with out rolling, and i'd like it to even be able to maybe slide a little bit. i've been searching and googling like crazy and i keep coming back to these two cars, i would really appreciate your thoughts. i also really like the price points of both of these cars as well. thanks for your thoughts!

Old 04-07-2012, 05:02 PM
The Mad Modder

Default RE: E10 RTR Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II vs tamiya tt-01es

ORIGINAL: djb2

hi everyone,

I am just getting back into rc. I recently purchased a mini e-revo and resurrected a couple of old stampedes. I also bought a losit micro t for inside. I now want to get something just for the street. i've looked at the traxxas rally cars but i dont really want to be slipping and sliding around. i'd like something that can take a corner at a decent speed with out rolling, and i'd like it to even be able to maybe slide a little bit. i've been searching and googling like crazy and i keep coming back to these two cars, i would really appreciate your thoughts. i also really like the price points of both of these cars as well. thanks for your thoughts!

I'd recommend the tt01 over the e-10. The tt01 right out of the box is a durable car. The e10 has a weak drivetrain that needs upgrading to last.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:32 PM
dragnse7en
Banned

I would also like to support the mad modder's choice.

The e10 is getting discontinued, if it isn't already done.

The tamiya TT01 series car uses many parts along the whole tamiya parts catalog, not to mention the vast aftermarket support for it.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:04 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sadly i Agree... & I own a e10....

Mind u as a shelf queen the E-10 rocks because of its fake scale brakes and offest spacers
Old 04-07-2012, 09:11 PM
dragnse7en
Banned

the e10 looked cool, but for those that usta own the old skool electric original RS4, well, yeah. We all laughed at the e10. No, seriously, we all got togther and laughed very hard at it. We sell a music CD of our laughter b/c it was such a hit

Yeah, the e10 was a big "no-go" on the HPI line. Such a dissapointment, b/c they have an array of good hobby products!!!
Old 04-07-2012, 10:58 PM
phmaximus

LOL yes well, here is my missfortune

Well i sold the roller & replaced it with this...

Old 04-07-2012, 11:14 PM
dragnse7en
Banned

Oh my - what - who's crying?

Aside from the hardball plastic slicks, that seems to be a well-cared for car. Have you dared to put some rubber radials on it, and terrorize the lot!?!?!?!?!?

* edit - well done sir You just got the dranse7en stamp of appoval!!

Old 04-08-2012, 12:21 AM
djb2

well thanks guys for the feedback. at this point it sounds like i just need to find the body style that i like. couple quick questions though- lets say i were to want to do led lights- would i need to get a radio that has 3 channels? also, if i decided that i wanted to build it myself would the tt-01 type e be the way to go then?
Old 04-08-2012, 01:47 AM
dragnse7en
Banned

I got a Tamiya Evo X body, and it came with all the body clips needed to add LED lights.

I took an Axial LED kit and paired it up - they fit awesome. Four white LEDs in the front to drive, and two reds in the rear.

Good enuf for me, or anyone else that thrashes in the dark!
Old 04-08-2012, 08:22 AM
The Mad Modder

ORIGINAL: djb2

well thanks guys for the feedback. at this point it sounds like i just need to find the body style that i like. couple quick questions though- lets say i were to want to do led lights- would i need to get a radio that has 3 channels? also, if i decided that i wanted to build it myself would the tt-01 type e be the way to go then?
Only if you want to be able to switch the lights on and off from the radio. If you have a 2 channel, just wire them with a switch to a battery(3v separate battery pack or connected to the main one with a voltage regulating device).
Old 04-08-2012, 10:12 AM
dragnse7en
Banned

The 3rd channel would have a simple relay switch attached instead to turn on and off the lights. My rc heli has that - it's a button on the radio
Old 04-08-2012, 02:23 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: dragnse7en

The 3rd channel would have a simple relay switch attached instead to turn on and off the lights. My rc heli has that - it's a button on the radio
http://www.pololu.com/catalog/product/1210
got one of those in my TT01(and SCX10) sucker is TINY, and works on the 3rd channel switch on my GT3b
Old 04-11-2012, 06:19 AM
phmaximus

Hey I've been after one of those... Just keep buying other crap

Here is my wiring diagram for my slash... Can u spot the problem in the wiring diagram?? There is one very basic fault...