Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Mick Reeves models and accessories

Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

Mick Reeves models and accessories

Old 06-10-2004, 02:15 PM
rabacon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Mick Reeves models and accessories

I was wondering if anybody out there who has any experience with ordering from Mr. Reeves would tell me how it went and what do I need to know about ordering overseas, conversions, shipping pitfalls, etc. I am looking to order some goodies for my sopwith pup, specificly PC10 paint, cockpit coaming, and some decals for the fin. I posted this under the heading of sopwith pup before and should have posted under something more accurately describing the body of the message, my bad. Just looking for a little enlightenment, thanks in advance.
Old 06-11-2004, 10:31 AM
BobH
My Feedback: (2)

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Default RE: Mick Reeves models and accessories

My friend has ordered from Mick Reeves several times and always gets the stuff shipped out promply. We are in the USA and you can order direct from his web site. Just follow the instructions and that's pretty much it.
Old 06-11-2004, 02:17 PM
rabacon

Bob, that is the reply I was hoping for. Thanks.
Old 06-11-2004, 02:52 PM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

He does have some unique models
Old 06-11-2004, 05:33 PM
BobH
My Feedback: (2)

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Ah yes, don't forget the small Eyelets for the side of the Fuse on your Pup. I have some of the PC10 paint from Mick and it looks pretty good. He has a color chip with the colors on it and it matches it well. I don't know if you have all your fittings but if not, check out his flying wire fittings. My friend (who also is building the Pup) has them and they are very good. Good luck. BobH.
Old 06-14-2004, 03:42 PM
rabacon

Thanks for the reply. Are you referring to the lacing eyelets on the fuse fabric? I plan on refitting the undercarrige to eliminate the fake spreader bar that BUSA uses and will probably make my own parts there to get a working axle in place. I'll post some pics later. Wings are framed as of now.
Old 04-08-2012, 07:13 PM
ispirit99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I AM BUILDING THE 1/4 SCALE PUP and ran up on this thread while looking for what size eyelets or grommets to use for the side stitching. Could you tell me what size you used and if there is a cheap setting tool on the market? If you didn't use a setting tool, I would really be interested in how you did yours. I have never worked with them before so any direction you can offer is greatly appreciated. MuchThanks.
Old 04-08-2012, 08:04 PM
abufletcher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's a link to the pages on my build of an SE5a (1/6 scale) that detail how I did the laced side panels:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...363887&page=36
Old 04-08-2012, 09:04 PM
ispirit99

Thanks! I am going to look at it now.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:35 AM
ispirit99

Abufletcher that was a great lead! Really good information. I also found some video tutorials on stitching the BUSA PUP on you tube. Look under "BUSA SOPWITH PUP BUILD VIDEO". It is under the name 1964IAIN'S RC SITE. He builds the 1/4 scale Pup step by step with some mod's. Thanks again.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:55 AM
sandseeker

Mick Reeves is a real aero-modeller and getleman! I have ordered quite a few things over the years most recently one of his Mosquito kits; v well packed boxes safely arrived here in Dubai .

Chris
Old 04-10-2012, 08:50 AM
ARUP

ORIGINAL: ispirit99

I AM BUILDING THE 1/4 SCALE PUP and ran up on this thread while looking for what size eyelets or grommets to use for the side stitching. Could you tell me what size you used and if there is a cheap setting tool on the market? If you didn't use a setting tool, I would really be interested in how you did yours. I have never worked with them before so any direction you can offer is greatly appreciated. Much Thanks.
Eyelet Outlet or Volcano Arts have eyelets, setting tools and pads. I've oredered from both... happy with transactions.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:06 PM
ispirit99

ARUP, Thanks! That is just what I need. Would anyone know what size I should order for a 1/4 scale Sopwith Pup?
Old 04-11-2012, 05:07 AM
JohnF

Just a word on the PC10 Mick has. He sells two different paints. One is by Flair which is a chocolate brown and the other is his own mix which is supposed to be a match to an original fabric sample. This paint is a more greenish color. I will not get into a PC10 debate here. Just letting you know these paints are different and I have used both. Micks service is without question as well as his kits and parts. Good luck.
Old 04-11-2012, 05:19 AM
abufletcher

Dealing with both Mick and his son was a pleasure.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:10 AM
ARUP

I rec'd 1/4 Camel kits, some plans and fittings from Mick Reeves Models without delay or anguish. What a great company!