Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

which one to get????

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!
View Poll Results: A poll
KOS Cat
14.29%
KOS Fountain
85.71%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

which one to get????

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 01:37 PM
streiter10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which one to get????

i just cant decide, I love the scale look of both...soo I'm gunna have a pole to decide which one.
Old 04-08-2012, 02:47 PM
airbrushNC
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: which one to get????

They both suck so why waste your cash??   Look for something from warehouse hobby!    Looking pretty aint nothing,  thats about all the venom boats are good for.
Old 04-08-2012, 02:48 PM
The Ghost

Just have a look here at post #14 http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_11003616/tm.htm should make up your mind.

Cheers
Old 04-08-2012, 03:26 PM
streiter10

are they trash im just looking to keep it stock and play around with
Old 04-08-2012, 03:55 PM
goodson

They are good to look at, but that's about it. You'll learn more and have a better boat by building your own from a quality fiberglass hull. If you must get a RTR, and want a great bang for the buck, go to Warehouse Hobbies. Expresscraft, Bonzi and other manufacturers will also assemble a great boat ready to run, and look great too.
Old 04-08-2012, 05:03 PM
SS RC Boats

Rick from Central RC has a modified version of the KOS fountain and it runs sweet!!!!! Fast and turns great...WITHOUT A TURN FIN! Videos on youtube of one i built for my father. Rick has the videos on his site also,along with pics of mine and my fathers...4 ACES and The JOKER.[8D]
Old 04-09-2012, 04:49 PM
rcguy1411

I ll second the centiment on the centrail hobbies he makes great hulls stay away from the venom boat
Old 04-09-2012, 06:22 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

My kid drove a KOS last summer and said that it was a POS. He's coming up on 25 and has been racing since he was 12 and can drive everything that I own and is good at giving me input.
If you want a Cat, Warehouse Hobbies just rolled out their new one a few days ago. It's based on an Expresscraft yet the topside is all theirs. For the kind of coin that you'd have to drop for a Venom boat, spend a few more bucks and get something miles ahead in quality, speed and handling.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:12 AM
expresscraft

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

our cats that are anywhere from 47"( the one ron is talking about) to our 60 " cats are all 350.00, but what sets us apart is all our boats are layed up in carbon fiber for that price, still white gel coat, but that carbon sure looks great on the inside of the boat, not to mention it make a much stronger boat,and at 350.00 its still less money then a lot of fiberglass hulls. and they run great.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:30 AM
streiter10

i really want a cat like a mystic style but i have no time to build one and im trying to make it so that when i get back home it'll be there ready for me to play with it because im in the Marine Corps. and want it before i ship out to japan....i can have it sent out to me from my home when im settled that kinda thing. But really want one to be able to pla with while im home in about a month and a half
Old 04-10-2012, 12:12 PM
rcguy1411

Then i would sugest having one built by expresscraft or if you want a mystic then centrail hobby there is nothing ready to run in the kos i havd a friend buy one for her husband she brought it to me to get ready just to make shure all worked on the second pull of the starter i ripped out the strinnger and everything atached to them well lets say i didn t get much sleep so that he could get his boat the next day from what i have read this was not a one time thing your other option would be to buy used good luck on your decision