Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

I'm ready for brushless and lipo, now need help.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

I'm ready for brushless and lipo, now need help.

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 04:37 AM
cflchurch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm ready for brushless and lipo, now need help.

I'm wanting to go brushless and start into the world of lipo's, and need help. I want to convert a yr old stampede to brushless and lipo and wanted to know if there are decent cheap systems from hobby wing/king that anyone can recomend? lipo's and charger set ups too. I dont want an uncontrollabley fast truck, just some good power and the occasional wheely and longer run times. thanks . Brian
Old 04-10-2012, 12:52 PM
Clmbngfrk18

Default RE: I'm ready for brushless and lipo, now need help.

I recently bought the m1 combo for my buggy for i think 135 so far its quite powerful picked up a gen ace 4s lipo for 35 bucks and ac6 charger for i think another 40 not sure if you consider that cheep so for a little over 200 i got a complete set up your also gonna probally need other misc items battery connections maybe a diff motor mount but for the price id deff say its worth it
Old 04-10-2012, 01:04 PM
Eman77

Here's the link I always throw at people getting started in LiPo:
http://www.rchelicopterfun.com/rc-battery-chargers.html

Somewhere in there is also a link explaining LiPo batteries in general. Useful stuff.

Article is written for helis, but the same basic principles apply to ground RC vehicles too. Helped me figure out what charger I needed for a 4s 5000mAh LiPo I bought.
Old 04-10-2012, 01:07 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Clmbngfrk18

I recently bought the m1 combo for my buggy for i think 135 so far its quite powerful picked up a gen ace 4s lipo for 35 bucks and ac6 charger for i think another 40 not sure if you consider that cheep so for a little over 200 i got a complete set up your also gonna probally need other misc items battery connections maybe a diff motor mount but for the price id deff say its worth it
dude that is OVER KILL for a 2wd Stampede

people report the 35A setup works good in the 2wd traxxas RC's(I run them in 4wd tamiyas personally) I'd say get the 13t combo seeing its 3000kv http://www.hobbypartz.com/ezrun-35a-...tem-combo.html $71 (only one they have in stock anyways)

http://www.hobbypartz.com/thac6smbachw.html $45 cheapest one they got in stock (also heard good things about it)

so with no battery its about $116 (rounded)
As for batteries I only know of Turnigy ones that will fit if you modify the pedes chassis a teeny bit
Old 04-10-2012, 02:29 PM
Clmbngfrk18

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

dude that is OVER KILL for a 2wd Stampede

people report the 35A setup works good in the 2wd traxxas RC's(I run them in 4wd tamiyas personally) I'd say get the 13t combo seeing its 3000kv http://www.hobbypartz.com/ezrun-35a-...tem-combo.html $71 (only one they have in stock anyways)

http://www.hobbypartz.com/thac6smbachw.html $45 cheapest one they got in stock (also heard good things about it)

so with no battery its about $116 (rounded)
As for batteries I only know of Turnigy ones that will fit if you modify the pedes chassis a teeny bit
I was just giving him my opinion on my hobby wing purchase i wasnt saying anything about that what he needed its up to him what he thinks he needs i am in no way an rc god and dont know every rc's setup
Old 04-10-2012, 02:57 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was just giving him my opinion on my hobby wing purchase i wasnt saying anything about that what he needed its up to him what he thinks he needs i am in no way an rc god and dont know every rc's setup
I'm not some RC god, just based what I said off his initial post stating he wanted to go BL in a pede as the 4wd pede was only sold Brushless.

I will say if it were me I'd go the 65A setup though over the 35A just for the lee way, and how I like swapping parts around when I get bored, but that is me.
Never tried the 35A in a pede(well with wheels on the pede) personally that recommendation was based off what other members said about their pedes setups that I remember.
Old 04-10-2012, 05:39 PM
cflchurch

thank you guys , I def have a ton more research and searching my needs. thanks . Brian
Old 04-11-2012, 10:57 AM
redgrinde

I have one of the 35A running in a Slash, its an older EZ-Run model with a 9T motor and its plenty fast, and I've managed not to blow it up yet.

I also have a pair of the $100 HK 100A combo's that allow throttle adjustments through the ESC which was extremely useful when I gave them to my boys to drive... Adjusting pinion and spur could help if you get a crazy fast combo as well... I find that on 2S most of the brushless stuff is fast without being to fast.

I've run 60A HK and EZ-Run ESC's without any issues as well...

To bad HK is out of stock on so many of their items... I've used Hobbypartz as well but it looks like their inventory isn't any better...

Good luck