Best 50cc plane for IMAC

Notices
IMAC Discuss IMAC style aerobatics in here

Best 50cc plane for IMAC

Old 12-16-2005, 05:58 PM
expresspilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Best 50cc plane for IMAC

Would the Quique 50cc Yak be a OK plane to use if I wanted to start in IMAC?
Old 12-16-2005, 06:29 PM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

it is what I'm going to use....so I hope so
Old 12-16-2005, 08:20 PM
Laserdude
My Feedback: (3)

I have considered the Wild Hare Extra 300 Special but I haven't decided as of yet. It is basically a 260 (mid wing) and seems to offer more wing area at 1300+ si than most. Any thoughts?
Old 12-17-2005, 01:40 PM
torqmeister

I don't think you can go wrong with a Queque Yak 54. You'll love it.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:53 PM
AHPowelson
My Feedback: (37)

Precision Aerobatics Edge 540T [8D]

Old 12-22-2005, 02:51 AM
RustyTumbles

I'm starting IMAC next year and I am going to start with a WM 27% ultimate. I haven't built it yet but it should be a good platform for basic and sportsman.
Old 12-23-2005, 04:54 AM
Hobby-Motory

Extra 260.....

Is there any 85" WS out there??? the 260 is the most fine for IMAC style....

H9 has it but too small....I guess I will wait for one when they come out !!
Old 12-23-2005, 02:56 PM
Laserdude
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: Hobby-Motory

Extra 260.....

Is there any 85" WS out there??? the 260 is the most fine for IMAC style....

H9 has it but too small....I guess I will wait for one when they come out !!
Here is an idea for you. As I posted earlier, I am considering the Wild Hare Extra 300 Special as it is basically the same layout as a 260. 84" wing and 1300 and some si.

Old 12-24-2005, 06:49 PM
bgold

I have been considering the wildhare 28% extra or the toc1 30% Yak with a DA50. the Yak is about $240 more. Is it worth the extra money. This will be my first gas engine and I am considering moving from basic to sportsman. I don't have room for a larger airplane and expense is somewhat of a consideration. I do like how the larger Yak's seem to slow down better on the downlines, I am assuming the smaller Yak will do the same.
Old 12-25-2005, 12:32 AM
EPUNCHY103
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: expresspilot

Would the Quique 50cc Yak be a OK plane to use if I wanted to start in IMAC?
Yes the Quique Yak is a very good flying plane for IMAC
Old 04-10-2012, 10:51 PM
skubacb

The very best 50cc aircraft for IMAC is built by www.goldenskiesrc.com. We have tried planes from Aeroworks, Quique, etc but keep coming back to the Goldenskies aircraft.

This surprised us since we thought that the Aeroworks would be better. I guess one reason that the goldenskies birds fly so well is that the guy that designs and sells them is actually an aeronautical engineer. Funny how that works. When you have a guy who actually knows how to engineer a plane you get a better product.

What I also like is his planes are well built. One 50cc plane of his we have here has well over 500 flights and is still in perfect condition. Except for some trim that we didn't bother to replace.

This guy is also one of the best people I have ever worked with in the entire RC community. I mean a really, really good person that absolutely stands behind his products.

Waiting for his Falco 50cc to come out. He is quite behind in bringing it out but we have a standing order for the first three.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:23 AM
Kwesdog

The dead are coming back to life!!! No place to hide!!
Old 05-06-2012, 04:05 PM
Heliman4213

Intresting comments. The real question you need to ask yourself is what really do you want to pay and how far do you want to go in IMAC. Im not saying im right but here is my opinion. I have eighteen giant airplans that I have used in competition. Hanger 9, Wild Hare are basic planes not really to high end tocompete with. If you investigate the TOC guys there flying several diffrent brands. These are COMP ARF, Catus Aviation and Aeroworks. These airplanes are for the serious competitorand are incredibale flying airplanes. Wild Hare is a joke I hate to say. Again I know they have to make airplanes for every budget but to really fly IMAC with any leval of sucess you need a airplane built for that purpose or be really good at flying a poorley built airplane.Also a huge part of this is proper setup of the airplane. So many guys do not know how to balance an airplne and check it when its in the air. I know people have posted there favorite planes here but you cant say just a Yak or some other plane is great. Any good plane setup correctly can fly great its not just the plane. Ihave flown airplanes for people that say its not flying well but then I have flown it and done some minor work to it and its a diffrent airplane. So much more to this than just picking a plane that you like. Sorry if this is to much detail but trying to help.These companies build them for that. My favorite is Aeroworks. They in my opinion have the best competition airplanes on the market. Like I said I have 35cc up to 3W 240CC B4 engines and planes and have been flying for 37 years in giant scale. If you disagree with this do not take my word for it pick up the phone and contact the real TOC flyers and see what they fly. They are always happy to help with questions and will tell you there setup. I myself only use 3W engines and fly either Catus Aviations or Aeroworks aircraft. Call either Bobby at Catus or Kim or Rocco at Aeroworks and they will be of great help. I hope this helps a little.
Old 05-19-2012, 05:42 AM
tiredflyer

All of the comments are about what you can buy, what about what you can build. I have started looking for IMAC capable 50cc planes that could be scratch built from plans but having little success. Anyone aware of any available plans?
Old 05-19-2012, 02:06 PM
Heliman4213

Ok for building I have a plane that gave me great sucess in competition. The plans are by Miles Reed and the plane is the Weeks Solution. This plane was made famous by Kermit Weeks in real aerobatics. I have built4 for 50cc and built 1 called the solution X for 100cc. They were great builds and supurb flyers. If you have further intrest you can PM me and Ican send some build photos. Hope this helps.
Bob
Old 06-03-2012, 02:40 PM
zx32tt
My Feedback: (9)

ORIGINAL: tiredflyer

All of the comments are about what you can buy, what about what you can build. I have started looking for IMAC capable 50cc planes that could be scratch built from plans but having little success. Anyone aware of any available plans?
There are plans available for several aerobatic planes at "the other place"... Flying Giants. There are plenty of good ARF's out there that will get you started in IMAC. And, nothing wrong with buying a good used plane.There is always an IMAC guy looking to move up to a larger bird. Take some time & look around. Most of all, practice, practice, practice.
zx32tt
Old 06-04-2012, 09:30 AM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 175 Likes on 150 Posts

This one gets my vote. I have flown one of these in IMAC unlimited with good success.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemId=847287
Old 02-22-2013, 08:58 PM
MTK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: speedracerntrixie

This one gets my vote. I have flown one of these in IMAC unlimited with good success.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemId=847287
SRT,

Did you sell it? $500 for that model is cheap. Is it covered or RTC? Is it set-up for muffler , can or pipe?