Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

noisey airframe?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

noisey airframe?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 06:31 AM
siddus74

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default noisey airframe?

Guys, ive got an avonds f15 and for some reason the airframe has become really noisey? on the ground with the jet running there is no noise at all, even thoigh the entire rpm range, yet as soon as its rolling down the runways and in flight its really noisey ... ( the flight speed make no difference) has any anybody else experienced this or can offer me any advice before I become deaf!

Scott.
Old 04-13-2012, 06:48 AM
basimpsn
My Feedback: (5)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: noisey airframe?

I don't think its the airframe but the bifurcated pipe, but the engine just as noisey .
Old 04-13-2012, 07:12 AM
siddus74

ORIGINAL: basimpsn

I don't think its the airframe but the bifurcated pipe, but the engine just as noisey .
What do you mean? I have inspected the pipe and all seems good, its fine on the floor even flat out.

Scott
Old 04-13-2012, 07:13 AM
TCHIEF
My Feedback: (15)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

mine does also it howls like mad while throttled up and my friends yellow f15 sounds about the same
Old 04-13-2012, 07:22 AM
basimpsn

Question, are you talking about a hollowing sound are a whistling sound? Both my F-15 and F-18 gives off an hollowing noise inflight. I'm thinking its because of where both pipes meet in the middle. My single pipe jets sounds quite compare the F-18 and F-15.

My Opinion
Old 04-13-2012, 07:43 AM
siddus74

I would say more of a whistle .... Ive made sure the doors are close fitting (escpically the front one)

Any ideas, it did dit it before There well taking the micky out of me ....

Scott.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:02 AM
roo

Scott I also have an Avonds F 15 powered by an Estart AMT Peggy which normally puts out about 35 lbs thrust but feels like its only about 24/25 when in the air in this airframe.There is a definite loss of thrust which I can only put down to a mismatched engine pipe combo. I think the bifurcated pipe I have was designed for about 21 lbs thrust . It flys well but the payoff is in the sound in the air, Horrendous but Luverly if you like that sort of thing.Its not too bad on the ground but seems to change when up and going.Its not for the average club field if you want to keep your friends!!. Sorry no answers but good luck with yours. Regards, Paul.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:16 AM
basimpsn

I would say more of a whistle ....
Welll..In that case check the INLET for joining cracks or opening that only open due to inflight air pressure.

Good Luck