Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Traxxas Nitro Stampede (TRX 2.5 video added)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Traxxas Nitro Stampede (TRX 2.5 video added)

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 09:33 PM
NitroEddie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Traxxas Nitro Stampede

Yeah, and that was on wet grass!

Installed a 20t clutch bell in an attempt to tame the wheelies down. I managed to tame it so it didn't flip on it's roof at 1/4 throttle, but anything more and it's right over on it's lid. I have a 22t clutch bell I could try if I still find it wheelies too much. Tops speeds with that gearing should put it over 50mph. It should be pretty darn close to 50 as it sits now!
Old 01-20-2007, 11:57 PM
runtothahills10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Traxxas Nitro Stampede (TRX 2.5 video added)

i was talkin bout o.s. 18 cv rx but i just got a lrp .18 real smooth and fast if anyone can hook me up w/ a website to get some bodies and tires as well as chassis would greatly appreciate
Old 03-14-2007, 03:35 AM
SupaMan89T

ORIGINAL: NitroEddie

Installed a T-Maxx fuel tank for longer run times tonight. Also installed the plastic tuned pipe mounted in the rear. What a difference in low end power!
i know this is kinda old but what does it take to put a tmaxx tank into a stampede i cant stand the small tank my pede has in it now and i just found out you could do this.

does it drop right in do or i have to drill holes for it?
Old 03-14-2007, 10:37 AM
Alteramod

ORIGINAL: NitroEddie

It was unseasonably warm today with temps in the mids 60s, so I took advantage of the warm temps to break in the new Pro .15. After 4 tanks I started tuning for performance. Well, one thing is for sure, the Pro .15 is definately no TRX 2.5! The Pro .15 may or may not perk up once I get a gallon of fuel or so through it, but as it sits right now, my brushless pede will eat it alive.

At any rate, if the Pro .15 does end up disappointing me, I do have a 2.5 sitting on the workbench just itching to park itself in the new pede.
Hey I have done that port and polish job in the past. It works a wonder on that engine. That is the only diff between a .15 pro and 2.5 engines. The hardest part to do would be porting the block out. The piston sleeve and the connecting rod where to easy lol ... just had to make sure you didnt get the inside. I would say give it a shot because its actually less difficult then it seems. Just have to take your time so you dont mess anything up.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:47 PM
NitroEddie

You'll have to drill holes for the T-Maxx tank. Not a big deal. What I did was take a fresh magic marker and "color" the bottom of the tank where it makes contact with the chassis and lay the tank in place. When you take the tank back out, there will be 4 black circles where your new holes need to be drilled. This will help ensure you only drill your holes once...in the right place.

BTW, I have since installed a tuned pipe on the 'pede. It's back to wheeling on it's roof at 1/4 throttle again! [>:]
Old 08-28-2007, 03:24 PM
cen123

i need an opinion... I am getting a new truck. Should I get a jato 3.3 and put truck tires on it or get a nitro stampede put a trx3.3 engine in it and change the clutch bell?
Old 09-27-2007, 04:10 PM
daveschutt

Hey Bombers 410, I thing you found my truck a twin!!! Check this out!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay75172.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	771433   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa84933.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	771434   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gl19337.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	771435   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pj18092.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	771436   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gr92243.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	771437  
Old 12-13-2007, 05:26 PM
MaddOps

I'm currently rebuilding 2 Nitro Stampedes and have noticed that the plastic front chassis/backbone and the braces and bulkheads are junk. Play rough enough with em and you're ordering more parts. You have a great aluminum chassis and shock towers but the rest is dependent on questionable plastic.

My Question: Is there an aluminum front chassis replacement for the plastic front clip/servo holder for the chassis?

I've seen aluminum replacements for ALL of the other plastic peices except Traxxas Stampede part 4131.

Does anyone custom CNC Machine these? I've seen full aluminum chassis for the electric version from Fast Lane but none for the Nitro 'pedes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 04-04-2008, 11:28 PM
jay_dizzle

not sure why your being so hard on the .15 ya its not the most powerful around but if it's tuned properly mine flips right over backwards from rolling at 1/4 throttle
Old 04-06-2008, 11:23 AM
NStampede Freak

Here's mine:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xu62626.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	923215   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj25987.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	923216   Click image for larger version

Name:	In26375.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	923217   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oh13913.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	923218   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lw19970.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	923219   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pg61431.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	923220  
Old 04-06-2008, 06:17 PM
Krazy Chicken

i cant see the videos, i get this message

File Not Found (404)
We couldn't find the file you requested
Sorry, but we don't have a page matching the URL you requested.
Common Problems
The link you followed may be out of date, or there may be a typographical error in the address you entered.
Would you like to try again?
You can start at our home page to find the file you're looking for.
Technical Details
This is a HTTP 404 File Not Found messsage.
Old 03-15-2009, 03:05 PM
mohawkboy

Hey you guys how fast does the traxxas nitro stampede go
Old 09-24-2010, 08:42 PM
zorbop

[img]\\matt-pc\Matt's ****\IMG00277.jpg[/img]

nitro pede stretched 3 1/2 inches big ol' spurr and paddles great on the beach sand drags anyone?
Old 04-10-2012, 01:59 PM
reapers_reptiles

Stampede modded #3678 wheelie bar!!!!

ok.. so i went to my local hobby shop.. and the guy there accidently sold me the wrong wheelie bar

i have the 4109 nitro stampede.. and he sold me the #3678 wheelie bar for the ELEC Stampede..

i even asked about it before i bought, anfd he assured me it would fit with minimal effort.. ya..OK!

pulled out the dremmel and went to work..

the stock rear bumper got cut in half.. making it ALOT easier to access the battery pack.. first great idea..

then i tapped some 4 new holes in bottom of the wheelie bar mount AND the rear bumper..(just before the battery box.. also had the cut notches into the battery box to accomidate the screws) and took the 4 screws and CA to it..

left it over night.. then modded some stock traxxas shocks (bent the rod to the proper angle mid shaft so the springs clear the battery box and attach to the wheelie bar mount.. i also popped out the ball joints that were pressed into the shocks and used the dremmel to shave down the mounts)

all i did for the side that "attached" to the main rear shock tower.. was simply use the mounts of the shock caps to wedge into the larger holes of the tower just under the exhaust mount.. and BAM.. they slide out "easy" (well. they wont fall out on impact, you need to tension the springs a fair ammount to get them to slide out.. and the mounts that attach to the wheelie bar mount itself rotate to make it easier to get em out of the way to change batteries and such)

TWO SCREWS IN MY MOUNT PIC ARE HIDDEN... I PUT IN TWO FROM THE BOTTOMINTO THE BAR MOUNT.. AND TWO FROM THE TOP THROUGH THE BUMPER... AND CA'D THEM IN PLACE

works AMAZING.. the bent shaft of the shock prevents the rod from sliding in too far, thusly allowing only so much play in the rear bumper.. and the springs provide the perfect ammount of cushioning to absorb the impact of those hard wheelies)

oh and BTW.. THE STARTER STILL FITS NO WORRIES!!!!!!

heres some pix!!

Old 04-15-2012, 04:15 AM
pure speed:]

those shocks are gonna snap trust me been there done that
Old 04-15-2012, 08:46 AM
reapers_reptiles

snap?! doubtful!
they arent the greatest to use as vehicle suspension due to the fact that they're expected to take the entire weight of the vehicle in drops and jumps (especially considering its crap stock plastic)
they do however work great for this application as only a very limited ammount of pressure is being applied.. as opposed to the entire weight of the vehicle (which is what these shocks were designed for)

when u think about it.. the rear bumper that i have attached the wheelie bar to, is far more likely to snap before these shocks do in they're current conifguration

but thanks for the opinion anyways
Old 04-13-2014, 04:47 PM
silverthorn898

i have a stock electric stampede and want to upgrade to a nitro. i have done alot of reading and have heard that nitros will run one day and not the next. is that true?