Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

-=OFFICIAL HPI FIRESTORM THREAD=-

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 06:26 PM
nitro-rob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: -=OFFICIAL HPI FIRESTORM THREAD=-

Fireguy - it sounds like its running out of fuel and running lean, there is definitely air getting in or a line is plugged.  In addition to Speedlovers suggestions, make sure that the pressure line is not plugged or that the exhaust header isn't leaking, is loose or has blown a gasket.  This will reduce fuel pressure and can make it lose fuel.  The header does come off easy and makes the truck impossible to prime and makes it run really lean or not at all.

30-45 wt is the common range people run
Old 01-08-2012, 04:05 PM
fireguy24

well i figured it out. I backed the idle screw too far out and the throttle im assuming, was sliding to far out. Which was leading to it running wide open when i started it. I still  have a few questions. I finished the break in process but have yet to tune it. my throttle trim is all the way to the left and i had to back the idle down to keep it from rolling with out me on the throttle. is this normal?  after my fourth tank of fuel the throttle seemed to stick once in awhile and the steering would lock up on me. is this batteries dying out or a servo problem. i apologize for all the questions but this is all new to me. thanks for all the help so far.
Old 01-08-2012, 05:04 PM
speed lover

Sounds like you are losing connection with your transmitter do you have a fail safe on it also if you have backed of the throttle and it is still moving you might want to unscrew the servo arm on the servo and position it so you are where it needs to be then put your throttle trim in the centre then put the servo arm back on the servo. So the position of the trim is centred or close and the car is not running away from you on idle. As for the throttle and steering you probably are running a flat battery or there is interferance and you are losing signal. You should also know if your car in the future starts to cut out every time you try and stop still. Or if you start it up and place it on the ground and it quits with out a push to get it up to speed your clutch spring will have broke happens to near all firestorms. Would recomend anyone with a new fire to get a upgrade from Integy also the steering servo saver the shinny nut at the bottom comes loose and you will loose alot of steering as the servo saver starts to slip under hard cornering I put some lock tite on mine never had a problem since. Also check you get full throttle you don't want to miss out lol.
Old 01-08-2012, 06:58 PM
fireguy24

it came with a fail safe on it. It happened a few times 100ft away and even running circles around myself.  I will work on centering the throttle trim.  Should i look into upgrading the steering servo? Should i also upgrade to a battery pack as well?
Old 01-09-2012, 12:40 PM
speed lover

I would look at setting the fail safe. It should come on and put the brake on so the car does not move. A battery pack would be ideal not sure what fits in there I'm still putting mine together but the higher the MAH the better it will last. Above 2300 mha will last all day no problem with the servos you have in there you really don't need a better steering servo they are actually pretty good. I think they were suppossed to be Futaba 3003 servos. If you were to upgrade you may as well buy a really good fast metal gear one. I'm putting a water proof Hitec titanium gear one in mine but it does'nt really need it. Have it so I'll use it. The more powerfull your servo is the less time you will get out of your battery the ones with 12KG of torque really need a 6v 2300 mah battery the 4.8v batteries will be flat in minutes running servos like that. If you want a quality servo that is just a bit more powerfull and just better quality the 5KG JR servo's are good. You can test you fail safe by taking of the air filter with the engine not running then turn the RX and TX on then switch you TX off and see if the brake comes on there should be a manual if it came with the fail safe.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:58 PM
Jbare

Where'd you get that Toyota Truck body?
Old 01-14-2012, 11:21 AM
nitro-rob

The main problem with the steering is the servo saver coming loose making the servo ineffective.  The servo isn't the strongest but more than enough for a 2wd.
Old 01-15-2012, 02:11 PM
kilimats

It's been over a year my Firestorm flux has been sleeping in the garage, I stopped playing with it back then because the gears started making a weird sound and I was just too lazy to open the gearbox once again to fix it.

I am glad this forum is still active

Well, yesterday, being bored and missing my RC car, I decided to go back into this hobby, to my surprise I did a 15 minute run without recharging the 5200mah battery, the gearbox was getting noisy so after the battery got drained, I opened the gear box but didnt notice anything wrong, put it back together and the weird sound was gone, go figure !

Anyways, it started snowing so i came up with a winter cover mod to avoid soaking up the electronic when it rains or snow, I used a SNAP FASTENER kit and a freezing bag: http://www.mec.ca/AST/ShopMEC/Hiking...r-kit-8811.jsp

Hope it gives you inspiration, I just ordered some Sling Shot proline tires to play in the snow, the current one slide all the time lol

Old 01-21-2012, 04:09 PM
mercerbeef

We need a good ski kit, and some paddles for the snow
Old 01-24-2012, 01:36 PM
gixxerovios

Hi guys, i would like your advice....

i am thinking to buy the RPM front & rear A arms and also the bumper (short). Are these aftermarket items good (better than the Hpi composite A arms)?

also, according to your experience what spare parts i should buy in order to have a small stock in case of breaking something?

Since i live in Greece and it is not so easy to get HPI parts i wondered to order some from Ebay....

Thanks
Old 01-24-2012, 03:56 PM
echthelion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: gixxerovios

Hi guys, i would like your advice....

i am thinking to buy the RPM front & rear A arms and also the bumper (short). Are these aftermarket items good (better than the Hpi composite A arms)?

also, according to your experience what spare parts i should buy in order to have a small stock in case of breaking something?

Since i live in Greece and it is not so easy to get HPI parts i wondered to order some from Ebay....

Thanks
id say the rpm parts are avery good upgradei myself have all the rpm stuff on my storm. one bashing day my battery came unpluged at full throttle and inturn wanted to go kiss a curb at 45mph once home i was very happy to find out i only broke4 things. the upper deckgot bent(crumple zone) the front bulkhead and servo saver brokeand i bentfew screws after that im very happy with rpm. as to spare id pick up the front bulkhead and maybe the screws that hold the shocks to the towers i seem to bend them all the time. maybe a spare bottem chassis after about 2 gallons for me mine was so eatin from rocks and botteming out it needed replacing. i have spare shock towers after people saying to grab a set and yet to need them BUT the one 150% must have in my mind for the car is to upgrade the clutch the stock one is a POS
Old 01-29-2012, 12:13 PM
redovermind

i got an old skool rush and ijust had a crash that broke my tank. i cant seem to find a replacement for it anywere.

the pics are on page 255

does anyone have any ideas. will and rs4 tank work

thanks

Old 01-29-2012, 12:48 PM
Road Warrior
My Feedback: (1)

at looks like the same tank as a old rc 10 gt
Old 01-29-2012, 02:47 PM
speed lover

Maybe an MT2 tank will fit should thinks so they always use parts that fit other cars when manufacturing.
Old 01-29-2012, 02:58 PM
speed lover

Maybe a Kyosho flip to one.
Old 01-30-2012, 05:12 PM
manzonie

hey guys, i just bought 2 hitec HS-625MG servos and it seems that the gear on top of the servo is smaller than the stock steering and throttle spline on the firestorm, is there a special piece i need to make it fir or something. help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:02 PM
JUBE

http://www.liquidrc.com/index.php?ma...imbka2us4q87u5 here is the tank in stock.
Old 01-31-2012, 02:53 PM
speed lover

I don't know about the brake and accelarator arm but their is a metal arm you can get that is made for the Hitec servo's go on ebay you will find it type in firestorm steering arm or something they are on there.
Old 01-31-2012, 06:17 PM
manzonie

thanks, ill deff check it out
Old 02-20-2012, 10:07 AM
gixxerovios

Hi i finally got the RPM optonial arms (haven't installed yet) and i'm searching for a pair of good trction rear tires.

So, which tires do you suggest? I was lloking for the Gladators or the dirt Hawgs.

Actually i run only on hard dirt, not on grass or asphalt.

Also is the front stock tires or any other tires (proline's?) that have these straight lines better (for front) than the tires that we put for rear?or it is better to have both front and rear the same type of tires?

Old 04-12-2012, 12:36 AM
gixxerovios

Hi, i have a problem when doing jumps (silicone leak from the bottom of the shock body - from the shaft not the cap) and i was wondering if anyone can help or suggest a good optional shock set.

Maybe Integy or ST RC ?

Thanks
Old 04-13-2012, 09:15 AM
speed lover

Don't buy the Integy ones I got them not a good shock absorber. Too much resistance on the rubber seals for me and the shaft wobbles too much. Springs are abit tight and you don't get the right parts to fit them on the firestorm I had to try and bodge them up. Standard ones are better. Of it is leaking check the shaft is straight you might have a bent shaft. If not it will just be the o rings worn out unscrew the bottom of the shock body to get them out.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:14 AM
gixxerovios

I will check it. Thanks for your reply.
Old 04-14-2012, 06:53 PM
nitro-rob

I liked the team STRC stuff on my firestorms and blitz but changed to the Blitz ESE shocks and like them a lot more.  If I was going to buy shocks today I would get the proline  power strokes.  You need an adapter kit for it.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:55 PM
manzonie

i just installed hitec HS-625MG servos in my storm and the wires are way too long to fit in the radio box, do you guys have a way to shorten up those wires.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.