Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

My old Tiger.

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 03:04 AM
ausf

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default My old Tiger.

I guess I should post some work. I'm back into this after a long hiatus when I grabbed two TBUs for my old shelf queens, the Tammy Tiger I and M4.

I originally set up the Tiger as a Das Reich, but somewhere along the was got it in my head to convert it to a Leningrad Initial.

I plan on revisiting it at this point to dress it up a bit and add some weather, but this old girl has seen it's share.

I removed two sets of roadwheels, the skirts, flaps, Feifels, smoke discharger, tools, rear bin, escape hatch, front tow shackle extensions and exhaust shrouds. I added the stepped driver sights, right side pistol port and front angled fenders.

For laughs, I gave it an unusually cranky commander: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONW9lqzBgGg

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18389.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	1751558   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu65878.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	1751559   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jp32352.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	1751560   Click image for larger version

Name:	Un34535.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	1751561   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oz29111.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	1751562  
Old 04-17-2012, 03:15 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Default RE: My old Tiger.

Really nice work! I like the white wash ... looks very well done.

For those Tiger experts, what was the reason for the missing road wheel? I have a few books on Tigers but cannot find this information. I now all about the railroad problem and the Transport track configuration, but the early TI's had this set up and was curious?

~ Jeff
Old 04-17-2012, 03:27 AM
ausf

Thanks Jeff,

I can't remember the reason for the front, I did know it at one point, I'll try to look it up. Off the top of my head, I do believe it was a transport issue.

This was an 'as if' one of the Initials survived the Winter, hence the overly worn whitewash.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:30 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

ORIGINAL: ausf

This was an 'as if' one of the Initials survived the Winter, hence the overly worn whitewash.

And, "as if" I could ever do as nice a job as you have done too. I have my sights set on an Early TI but the winter look I'll have to pass on.

Again, nice work man!

~ Jeff
Old 04-17-2012, 04:22 AM
strippersteel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That tank looks like its been through hell and back.  Look awesome.  Nicely done.

Old 04-17-2012, 05:35 AM
mustclime

I really like the weathering....looks like it needs a some one to fight......
Old 04-17-2012, 06:14 AM
Wozwasnt

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

The front road wheels were removed as it help prevent the drive sprocket from getting clogged up with mud etc.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:07 AM
thecommander

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: mustclime

I really like the weathering....looks like it needs a soone to fight......
I PMed Ausf already Scott. He is very close to NEAD and I hope he will be joining us soon. We'll see if Squd fights as mean as he looks...[:-]
Old 04-17-2012, 08:28 AM
ausf

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Squidward has since been decapitated. Twice. First time I was trying to block my son from crossing a bridge with the M4 by knocking down a line of trees, only to have the largest fall back and snap his neck. The sight of his little bulbous head rolling across the battlefield was too much to take. I'm still laughing. After the repair, the Tiger was heading into a building and I misjudged the speed and height and once again his poor head was off like a dandelion.

I'm pretty stoked to find a club nearby, I thought Danville, Colorado or San Fran were the only options. I'm located off the first exit on the NYS thruway after 17, so I can't be more than 20-25 minutes away.

I'll be in touch. [8D]
Old 04-17-2012, 11:28 AM
mustclime

we would love to have you....if you want local, we are trying to have battles ever third sunday of the month....next local battle is may the 20th.

scott
Old 04-17-2012, 12:12 PM
ausf

I checked out the pics of this past weekend, looks like a lot of tank hijinks. I'm in.

I'll have at least one, but maybe two airsoft equipped by then, so I'll join that fight too. I plan on doing a IR refit on one, but may change my mind.

I have an airsoft Pantiger that should be here today that's going to be split apart (eventually) for a Trumpeter T-34/76 conversion, tracks for my Tiger and the inaccurate Panther hull for a battlefield decoration.

Then there's the airsoft Pz IV on the way from Matomart that should be getting the full IR/Spektrum Rx treatment. Should because who knows, I've never tried the airsoft and may not want to give it up too easily.

Old 04-17-2012, 12:20 PM
CCC2012
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice Tiger.......
Old 04-17-2012, 02:44 PM
CHIEFSONN

Welcome aboard ausf. glad to have another tanker come and join the fun. Just so you know last Sunday Steve and myself had our first air soft battle. and man did wee have a blast,we had so much fun that we are going to do it again at our next battle. this morning I put together my air soft pan tiger and will be getting two others up and going. for our next N.E.A.D. battle for Sunday May 20 which will be either @ Cruzin with RCs shop that is located at 10 Franklin Tpk. in Waldwick, NJ. or Sherry field Westwood/Wash Twp also located in nj @ 10:00 am. sea you there.
Old 04-17-2012, 02:48 PM
ausf

ORIGINAL: CHIEFSONN

Welcome aboard ausf. glad to have another tanker come and join the fun. Just so you know last Sunday Steve and myself had our first air soft battle. and man did wee have a blast,we had so much fun that we are going to do it again at our next battle. this morning I put together my air soft pan tiger and will be getting two others up and going. for our next N.E.A.D. battle for Sunday May 20 which will be either @ Cruzin with RCs shop that is located at 10 Franklin Tpk. in Waldwick, NJ. or Sherry field also located in nj @ 10:00 am. sea you there.

You will see me there for sure, with at least 2 kids and 3 tanks. [>:]

By the way, I spent the first 30 years of my life on Staten Island. I stopped in at Brownies a few months back, it was great to see they are all still around and doing well.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:00 PM
yellowshaker
My Feedback: (1)

I'm in Bayonne. Glad to see another local tanker to join up with.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:45 PM
Airbrushler

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: ausf

I guess I should post some work. I'm back into this after a long hiatus when I grabbed two TBUs for my old shelf queens, the Tammy Tiger I and M4.

I originally set up the Tiger as a Das Reich, but somewhere along the was got it in my head to convert it to a Leningrad Initial.

I plan on revisiting it at this point to dress it up a bit and add some weather, but this old girl has seen it's share.

I removed two sets of roadwheels, the skirts, flaps, Feifels, smoke discharger, tools, rear bin, escape hatch, front tow shackle extensions and exhaust shrouds. I added the stepped driver sights, right side pistol port and front angled fenders.

For laughs, I gave it an unusually cranky commander: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONW9lqzBgGg

Nice Tiger Ausf i like that white wash also
is that Squidward off of spounge bob...lol
Old 04-17-2012, 07:45 PM
CHIEFSONN

pm sent