Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Dx6i failure need help

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 04:28 PM
sideflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dx6i failure need help

Flew fine on Friday and then went to fly the same plane on Saturday and ailerons wouldn't work right. Aileron input would cause the whole plane to twitch. Changed all batteries with fresh, but didn't help. Did a re bind multiple times with no change either. Finally borrowed another dx6i from a guy at the club and tried his and it worked just fine. He said it could be some pot problem?
I didn't drop th tx or anything. I carry in a case to protect my tx. What is the deal? Glad I did all of my preflight checks or I would be picking up toothpicks
Any easy way to fix the problem?
Old 04-23-2012, 04:44 PM
sebo

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Dx6i failure need help

Had the same problem...........it's all in one switch.....it is PPM switch. I think you have to turn it on......I set mine off by accident and it took a half dozen men looking at it and no one could find it.....I went thru the manual discovered it.....don't remember the exactname but it is all in one switch.....Don't mess with control surfaces....if they were ok before they are still ok now.
it is that one dumb switch.
Old 04-23-2012, 04:49 PM
sideflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it something in the settings? I tried all of the switches on the transmitter and nothing helped?
Old 04-23-2012, 05:16 PM
sebo

yes, it is in the settings..............don't mess with the control surfaces or throttle.
I'll get my transmitter and see if I can find it........I will write back tonight........Ron
Old 04-23-2012, 06:52 PM
sebo

I've been digging for it...............the magic words are FM / PPM. MODULATION may be part of the equation.
Isn't anything in the manual.....
Still can't figure out to get to ... I found it by accident while messing with the transmitter......I'll keep on looking.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:57 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: sebo

I've been digging for it...............the magic words are FM / PPM. MODULATION may be part of the equation.
Isn't anything in the manual.....
Still can't figure out to get to ... I found it by accident while messing with the transmitter......I'll keep on looking.
The DX6i is a 2.4 only radio. I don't know if you can manually select between DSM2 and DSMX Modulation like you can with a DX8. My XP9303 is PCM/PPM selectable, but I do not believe the DX6i operates with these Modulation parameters.