Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

lansu radio from twister xb pro ?????

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

lansu radio from twister xb pro ?????

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 01:43 PM
greggreg2011

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lansu radio from twister xb pro ?????

first off hello all. greg here from las vegas. i took a break from racing/bashing to scale rc for a bit. anyways bought the twister xb pro....actually great buggy...super fast and powerful......and tuff.....7 hrs of comp track practice the other day and only busted the front chassis piece at the end of the day trying to go to big,lol....

had a messed up steering wheel on the lansu system out of the box so did the warrenty page through redcats website and they sent me a new radio out asap....great service there(((i had a tornado bb when redcat 1st started and their support is way better now)))

anyways the new radio wont bind to the rx....anyone else have this problem and figure it out?????

i followed the directions and tried 10 or so times with no luck

says to push bind on rx while powering rx on till it flashes then release bind button.....next press bind button on radio and power radio on.....then supposed to flash on radio............

doesnt work...

any helpfull hints??????????

being im new to this forum hopefully pics go through so you can see what radio it is

thanks guys,,,greg

" target="_blank">

" target="_blank">

Old 04-16-2012, 02:55 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: lansu radio from twister xb pro ?????

odd.
when I looked up the manual on redcats site i didnt see anything in it about binding.

Also, I have a RX from a twister i had owned. (dont know what happened to the radio)

My RX looks the same except it doesnt have a bind button on it.

You said the steering was messed up on the original radio...do you mean the radio's wheel itself...or that the model didnt steer right?

Im wondering if the original issue was the fault of the RX, and not the radio (Tx)
Old 04-17-2012, 11:58 AM
greggreg2011

its the wheel on the remote. binding instructions come in the box with the car. i was on the phone with redcat tech support and walked through it and still wouldnt bind((they told me to email warrenty claim again)))

so emailed yesterday and asked what the next step was and told them it didnt work.....i got an email back today that said "sounds good"

so we will see.... i replied   "what sounds good? it didnt work"

if i have to i still have the binded but bad steering radio...maybe ill open up the new 1 and swap the steering out

but ill wait for a response from redcat 1st
Old 04-17-2012, 02:56 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: greggreg2011

its the wheel on the remote. binding instructions come in the box with the car. i was on the phone with redcat tech support and walked through it and still wouldnt bind((they told me to email warrenty claim again)))

so emailed yesterday and asked what the next step was and told them it didnt work.....i got an email back today that said ''sounds good''

so we will see.... i replied ''what sounds good? it didnt work''

if i have to i still have the binded but bad steering radio...maybe ill open up the new 1 and swap the steering out

but ill wait for a response from redcat 1st
dont wait for a responce...email them a agian. sounds like the person who read you last email just glanced it over and didnt get that you are still having problems. "sounds good" is not the responce you should get when you are still having issues.

Email them again. 99% of the time I have had good customer service (as a customer and a dealer) but there is always that 1% where you get someone who is rushing, or not paying enough attention.

As another option...buy a flysky 2.4ghz radio. They are the same as the dsm radios that come in the epx pro models. They can be had for $20 on hobbypartz.com.

I have 1 flysky radio and like 5 redcat recievers. So I use the 1 radio for 5 trucks.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:46 PM
RockinEagle

MAYBE this will help...not a Lansu but might be the same operation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejxTETBTePU

Old 04-17-2012, 09:39 PM
greggreg2011

thanks guys.....i dont need any more radios i have tons....its just the point that i want the 1 that came with it to work,,,and work the rite way..lol

ive had the buggy at the track and it rips

and that radio guide is for the redcat radios....they havent done any vids for this lansu yet.

ill just try and email the warrenty guy again 2marro

but so far so good on the customer service and communication even though i ended up with 2 radios that i cant use yet 

thanks guys
Old 04-18-2012, 11:17 AM
greggreg2011

awoke this morning to another email from redcat.....they are sending me another reciever now that will bind with the radio...

great service from redcat

i put their support so far rite there with team associated
Old 04-25-2012, 03:37 PM
greggreg2011

new reciever did come a day or 2 ago,been busy. anyways new reciever binded to the new radio they sent me earlier rite away no problems....

they also ship out warrenty parts fast...will proly be longer for others being im a state away...but overall im happy.......i will check and see if the old broken reciever will bind to this new rx just cause...and let you guys know
Old 04-25-2012, 04:00 PM
Dads like rc too

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: greggreg2011

they also ship out warrenty parts fast...will proly be longer for others being im a state away...but overall im happy.......i will check and see if the old broken reciever will bind to this new rx just cause...and let you guys know
All I've read on here is how crappy there customer service is. Nice to see something positive. I have 6 Redcats in the house and have had to deal with them twice. First time they left an item out of an order. Called them up that day and they sent me the missing part right away. Second time I had a bad ESC in my daughters Volcano. Same thing, filled out the warranty after speaking to tech support, the new ESC arrived 4 days later. I don't know what more your supposed to expect from a company.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:09 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

as a customer I have had a model arrive with a dead radio.
Redcat sent a new one in the mail a day after my warrenty form was recieved.

They also replaced a rs10 servo quickly.

As a dealer, I have seen items missing from an order, and models arriving with an issue and EVERY time redcat has sent out the needed part quickly.

Redcat has always given me the same level of customer service as other companies like Traxxas, ECX and Losi.