Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Dreamworks Takes on Fromeco....

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Dreamworks Takes on Fromeco....

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 12:35 PM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Dreamworks Takes on Fromeco....

ORIGINAL: lov2flyrc

Thanks for the feedback guys....
I asked Mike about the Cube chargers yesterday. Mike explained that rising supplier costs from the market downturn created excessive manufacturing costs of the cube. They decided to discontinue the line since the product was no longer inline with market pricing.

Regarding switches and batteries......
There are numerous options on connectors here; this is easy for Fromeco as they build product to order however, for us it means stock numerous versions of the product. My thought is to stock the switches in all configurations but a bit simpler system for the batteries.....
Here is what I am thinking; we stock all batteries offered by Fromeco in two configurations:

Standard JR Leads with Balance Plug (no internal balance - A123)
HD Lead Bare with Balance Plug (no internal balance - A123) - No connectors

This eliminates the need to stock various packs with Deans, Multiplex, EC3, power poles ect.... You then separately select the connector desired for the HD lead pack and install the connector yourself.

Is this method acceptable for you guys? Would having to solder on your own connectors deter you from purchasing a pack?? Would you prefer A123 packs with internal balance board or external connector?
Todd

My preference would be to stock batteries that have both a JR connector AND HD lead (bare) plus balance plug. Then you cover all bases with one pack and also satisfy those who run the receiver and a smoke pump or ignition off the same pack.

Mike

Old 04-25-2012, 04:01 PM
Hibrass
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dreamworks Takes on Fromeco....

Could you look into making a 14MZ replacement battery of higher capicity....?

Ed