Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

My DF-02 monster truck conversion!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 04:26 PM
dustint209

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My DF-02 monster truck conversion!!!

I put in a 540 tekin brushless 5800kv with a 100a esc and a 2450mah 30c lipo. I used the shocks off my rc10gt and wheels and tires are from an old hot bodies nitro truck. I'm still using the stock gearing so it runs really hot but I will change gears soon. I also lost the front dog bone so It's 2wd for now. This thing is crazy powerful!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0014.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	2236368

Name:	DSC_0015.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	2236369

Name:	SAM_0634.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	147.7 KB
ID:	2236370

Name:	SAM_0636.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	156.0 KB
ID:	2236371

Video
http://s83.photobucket.com/albums/j2...ent=movie2.mp4
Old 04-25-2012, 06:07 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: My DF-02 monster truck conversion!!!

nice whats the bumper from

IMO that motor might tear up the drive chain eventually. you might want to get a 4000kv or so I'd imagine with those tires it still would be insanely fast. I know with buggy rims on my df-02 with a 4000kv motor turning it will cause it to traction roll, and flip a foot into the air.

Also isn't that an extreme machines knockoff DF-02
I'm only guessing it from the body mounts (I have one I made into a ST)
Old 04-25-2012, 06:19 PM
dustint209

I think the bumper is from a old school t-max but I'm not positive. I'm pretty confident in the drivetrain and I really like the motor that's on it. I'll probably get a lower output battery and change the gears instead. I'm not sure what you are referring to on the extreme machines knockoff. I don't know what the body post are from. I have a crap load of old r/c cars and parts that I scavenged from.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:07 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: dustint209

I think the bumper is from a old school t-max but I'm not positive. I'm pretty confident in the drivetrain and I really like the motor that's on it. I'll probably get a lower output battery and change the gears instead. I'm not sure what you are referring to on the extreme machines knockoff. I don't know what the body post are from. I have a crap load of old r/c cars and parts that I scavenged from.
ahhhhhhh ok
sorry bout calling it the extreme machine DF-02. The extreme machine was a knock off DF-02 that they slapped knock off HPI geolander tires mounted on 2.2inch knock off HPI rims(the rims off a wheely king to be exact), with a hpi e-savage body, and grabbed a pile of parts off other tamiyas and slapped them on it to make a MT. The body posts look exactly like the ones they used even screwed in to the same spots that's why I thought it was one I think the only part that wasn't an exact copy of a part off another RC was the front shock tower which they made the tamiya DF-02's like half an inch taller (and stronger oddly)

as for lower output battery wouldn't really make a difference except it might damage the battery seeing it might not be able to put out enough juice that the motor want.
Old 04-28-2012, 07:59 PM
cumquat

when changing gears, make sure to get METRIC pinions. standard pinions will strip the spur in a matter of seconds.