Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Need help programming 9303

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 11:57 AM
caddismt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help programming 9303

I've built a 3D foamie with a servo for each aileron and flap. I've programmed my transmitter in sailplane mode so that I can take advantage of butterfly as well as other mixes. Here's the problem:
    [*]When the launch/land switch is in the launch position, all of my control surfaces are level, and I have control of the flaps with my left index finger. The problem here is that when I throttle up, the ailerons and flaps all raise up proportionally to the amount of throttle that I apply.[*]When the launch/land switch is in the middle or "cruise" position, I have control of the flaps with my left index finger. When I throttle up, just the ailerons raise up proportionally to the amount of throttle.[*]When the launch/land switch is in the "land" position, the flaps move down and the ailerons move up appropriately. There is also a bit of down elevator that is mixed in. When I apply the throttle in this mode, the flaps move significantly up, the elevator moves up and the ailerons move down. Again, the movement is proportional to the amount of throttle I'm using.[/list]How do I fix this problem of having the throttle linked to these different switch positions?

Old 04-26-2012, 12:06 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts
Default RE: Need help programming 9303

You need to start with the basic understanding is that glider mode is designed with non powered sailplanes in mind. Gliders generally have the flaps or spoilers on the throttle stick, "full throttle" if you will is everything retracted, pulling the stick towards you (much like pulling the spoiler lever on a full scale glider towards you) deploys the flaps and or crow mixing.

There's a way to program around this but I'd have to find my old 9303 to tell you for sure. Maybe AWorrest will step in.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:11 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: caddismt

I've built a 3D foamie with a servo for each aileron and flap. I've programmed my transmitter in sailplane mode so that I can take advantage of butterfly as well as other mixes. Here's the problem:
    [*] When the launch/land switch is in the launch position, all of my control surfaces are level, and I have control of the flaps with my left index finger. The problem here is that when I throttle up, the ailerons and flaps all raise up proportionally to the amount of throttle that I apply.[*]When the launch/land switch is in the middle or ''cruise'' position, I have control of the flaps with my left index finger. When I throttle up, just the ailerons raise up proportionally to the amount of throttle.[*]When the launch/land switch is in the ''land'' position, the flaps move down and the ailerons move up appropriately. There is also a bit of down elevator that is mixed in. When I apply the throttle in this mode, the flaps move significantly up, the elevator moves up and the ailerons move down. Again, the movement is proportional to the amount of throttle I'm using.[/list]How do I fix this problem of having the throttle linked to these different switch positions?

I believe you can set up "Crow" when in Acro. You do not need to be in Glider. Use PM3 and above to enable the Ailerons and Flaps to move where you want with the flip of a switch. The Throttle does not come into play.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:07 PM
duworm

Not nearly enough information to trouble shoot with. Need all the servo inputs on the receiver, is dual flap active (your question says flap, but I don’t know if that one or two), etc.

If dual flap is not active, throttle is slot 5 on the receiver. If dual flap is active, throttle is slot 7 on the receiver.

At a minimum need the additional information.

Sherman Knight
Old 04-26-2012, 10:09 PM
AWorrest
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Andy is right on when he said your problem is using the GLID programming for your 3D foamie. I don’t believe there is any way on the 9303 in GLID to have independent throttle and butterfly at the same time. You could use flight modes and in one mode have the throttle stick control the throttle. In another mode have it control the Butterfly. But is that what you want? In GLID, the only activating device for GLID’s Butterfly is the throttle stick. You should follow Rich’s advice and program in ACRO.

The Horizon’s article, "Programming Guide for the JR XP9303 for the Hangar 9 Ultra Stick" found at http://www.jrradios.com/ProdInfo/Fil...rogramming.pdf will work if you have independent flaps and ailerons. You’ll also need a seven-channel receiver. The last paragraph, Flap to Aileron Mixing, is the setup for the Butterfly when the flap switch is all the way back, LAND.

Allan

Old 04-28-2012, 09:33 AM
caddismt

Thank you everyone for the information.  I realize now that I will have to use ACRO mode.

Additional information regarding my receiver (and I know that it is time to update my gear):

9 channel JR 72 mhz NER-549x receiver

[*]Aile - RA[*]Thro - LA[*]Gear - RF[*]Aux1 - LF[*]Elev - E[*]Rudd -R[*]Aux2 - ESC[/list]

Thank you AWorrest, I will work on a new program.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:41 AM
caddismt

In looking at the Ultra Stick program, should I rearrange my servos to match this even though I'm using a 9 channel receiver?
Old 04-28-2012, 10:28 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: caddismt

Thank you everyone for the information. I realize now that I will have to use ACRO mode.

Additional information regarding my receiver (and I know that it is time to update my gear):

9 channel JR 72 mhz NER-549x receiver

[*]Aile - RA[*]Thro - LA[*]Gear - RF[*]Aux1 - LF[*]Elev - E[*]Rudd -R[*]Aux2 - ESC[/list]

Thank you AWorrest, I will work on a new program.

Follow the Ultra Stick guidelines for connecting servos to the Rx
Old 04-28-2012, 11:31 AM
caddismt

Everything working beautifully, thanks everyone for the help!