Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Repair help needed

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 01:23 PM
hoosier_rc_nut
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Repair help needed

OK so I bought an 18mt roller for $40 with some extra goodies like a couple of castle brushless motors and a couple of brushed motors. The seller was completely honest about the condition of the truck stating that the hub carriers and the bearings in the hub carriers need to be replaced. He was right. The hub carriers have some slop in them and the bearings are very gritty feeling when I hold the bearing and roll the dogbone using my fingers. So, I bought a new set of hub carriers and bearings, but I've ran into a problem. I can't get the old bearings off of the dogbones to replace them with the new ones. I've posted the pic below so people can get a better idea of what I've got. This is my first mt18 I've owned so I'm not sure if the dogbones are stock or an upgrade. I don't know if the bearings are pressed onto the dogbone at the factory, so I don't even know if the two can be separated, I've downloaded the build manual from associated but I'm not finding much help there. Any help anyone can give will be greatly appreciated.

Old 04-29-2012, 08:35 PM
moezer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Repair help needed

put some clipers on the bearing with out prissing on it and give it a small tam from the other side and it should pop right off