Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

RC10GT Clutch gone bad?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 05:24 AM
mahensinger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC10GT Clutch gone bad?

Hey guys. I recently got a used RC10GT. IT WONT START!!!!!! Also, when i try to start it on the starter box, thewheels just spin freely without me hitting the throttle. Someone on here told me my clutch was bad. I really dontwant to replace it if I have to. So how can I tell for sure? Please Reply! I wanna drive them this weekend!!!
Old 04-28-2012, 06:06 AM
Ttowntoolman

Default RE: RC10GT Clutch gone bad?

Take the clutch bell off, the spring around the clutch shoes most likely broke. Bend a hook back on the end of the spring and put back in place around the shoes. Free fix...........
Old 04-28-2012, 07:10 AM
RS4PLAY

The RC10GT normally didnt come with a clutch with the spring around it, but it could be aftermarket
Old 04-28-2012, 05:47 PM
mahensinger

There is no aftermarket. The guy said the wheels should spiin when on the starter box.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:32 PM
RS4PLAY

Who exactly is the guy? I didnt say it was bad, I said it could be bad, and you might want to check it. They have aftermarket products for almost every part on all models. Either way I dont think that has anything to do with why it isnt starting. If you have replaced the glow plug it has to be a problem with the carburator. Nitro RC's require alot of maintanance sometimes. They arent near as easy to deal with as electric. Without actually messing with it myself I can only give you some good direction to look into