Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > E-Flight Power Sources
Reload this Page >

best brands of li po batteries

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flight Power Sources Ask questions or read about power sources as they specifically relate to e-flight including Lithium-ion, Li-Poly, Nimh and Nicad battery packs.

best brands of li po batteries

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 09:19 AM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: best brands of li po batteries

You know, another thing that makes it hard to recommend a battery is what the electric model industry has been doing with their battery lines.

I've bought LiPo batteries over the last few years while getting into small electrics. And the majority of them are no longer sold. One manufacturer apparently no longer exists. And the others were part of product lines that the retailer has either dropped or no longer are made.

And one brand that was stocked by both my LHSs aren't stocked there anymore. And the balancer needed for them won't work for other batteries, as far as I can tell. So a brand that I can buy at those two LHSs and is available from Tower requires it's own balancer/charge-adaptor, and it's not the one I have already.

I would be a fan of electrics if it wasn't such a pita to deal with the industry. And it wasn't such a waste of money along the way.
Old 10-11-2008, 01:58 PM
Teenage Pilot 14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like Thunder Power. Their batts seem to live up to the specifications on the labels. Of course, I did get this one from eBay that was advertised as "2,000,000mAh 60C 3S lipo with ultra-highpower for your spending dollar and modelling preferification and lightest weight only 20g" That battery took like a week to charge but my Slow Stick has lasted off it without charging ever since I bought it 3 months ago. And at 20 grams, you just can't beat it but watch your speed control- a 60C discharge rate can be dangerous!
Old 04-30-2012, 11:17 PM
hobbypartz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gens Ace!
Old 05-01-2012, 03:57 AM
Stuntguy13

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Pilot 14,
20grams, where on ebay did you find this? What is the brand?

Best, DennisT