Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Don't know what to do with revo

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 12:21 PM
joelnazab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Don't know what to do with revo

Whats up guys .. So I got a revo about a year and a half ago and I've used it between 5-10 times .. I am thinking of selling it do you guys know around how much I can get for it I have everything in perfect shape that came with it.. I got a slash because my lhs does racing so that why I never use my revo
Old 05-02-2012, 12:25 PM
LaTuFu
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Don't know what to do with revo

Which model do you have?  The 5608 Brushless Edition?  Or the 5603 Brushed version?

Do you have pics you can post?
Old 05-02-2012, 12:25 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe $250 for it.....
Old 05-02-2012, 12:27 PM
joelnazab

Sorry forgt to mention its the 3.3 nitro one
Old 05-02-2012, 01:07 PM
joelnazab

I just though of something, is it hard to convert it to an electric revo?? its the same parts isnt it exept for the motor???
Old 05-15-2012, 01:59 PM
slowstang88

I converted my TMAXX to brushless, and it is well worth it! I used this http://www.hobbypartz.com/07e-combo-m6a.html combo, fabbed a motor mount and battery mount and I'm running 6s lipos on it and its a mad beast! I haven't gotten a full charge run through it because I keep breaking things.. I've upgraded to a lot of steel parts (just ordered Robinson Racing steel transmission gears). This truck does standing backflips with ease and the mid gear TRAXXAS setup did hi 20's mph- mid 30's mph.
Old 05-15-2012, 02:02 PM
slowstang88

My bad, I meant 4s lipo
Old 05-15-2012, 04:08 PM
xmodrelic

I was in the same position as you, had 3.3 and only ran it a handful of times. It was my first nitro and I sucked at tuning. It seem like it was such a production to get the thing out and running around I was about to sell it. Instead I converted it to brushless with the help of this forum and I'm really glad I did.

A few warnings tho, for me brushless has been eating parts. My fault mostly, getting the slipper/mesh perfect is very important as well as throttle control. Once I got control of my gear mesh and slipper it was pretty reliable except for my topshaft gear which stripped twice from running wot in a field, the same field both times. I'm moving to RR steel trans gears, in fact I'm about to open a thread on some figment issues.

It's not cheap, at least the way I went. I tossed in a tekin t8 2000kv matched with the rx8 and a 4s lipo. For the mounting I used the monster rc motor mount and the tekno battery tray. I also use the tekno radio box. To improve reliability and have electric reverse/braking I locked it in second gear. Crazy fast.