Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Traxxas RTR 1/8 NRHA Funny Car Race Replica

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Traxxas RTR 1/8 NRHA Funny Car Race Replica

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 06:56 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Traxxas RTR 1/8 NRHA Funny Car Race Replica

ORIGINAL: cumminspower5.9

So I took a trip to the traxxas site to look at this. How much are rear tires going to be for this thing? it looks like a cool car, but i just can't see getting a car, and only being able to run it on a ''flat'' surface every 75ft, and do a u-turn and do it all over again.
Then it isn't for you[&:]
Old 04-16-2012, 10:01 PM
Traxxas Fanboy
Banned

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

So I took a trip to the traxxas site to look at this. How much are rear tires going to be for this thing? it looks like a cool car, but i just can't see getting a car, and only being able to run it on a ''flat'' surface every 75ft, and do a u-turn and do it all over again.
Good observation[&:]
Old 04-17-2012, 04:01 AM
cumminspower5.9
My Feedback: (4)

Hey "traxxas fanboy". Obviously you've got a hard on with Traxxas. Wanna post more sensible replies at one point other than being a smart a** and typing randomly? maybe you should visit the savage forum, im sure they will take care of you there.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:05 AM
cumminspower5.9

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

Well i know it definitely isn't. It is a pretty neat looking car, dont get me wrong. but i myself do'nt find it to be as practical as others do. I was just curious of the cost of the tires since im sure they are licensed and all that good stuff.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:19 AM
Traxxas Fanboy
Banned

Hey ''traxxas fanboy''. Obviously you've got a hard on with Traxxas. Wanna post more sensible replies at one point other than being a smart a** and typing randomly? maybe you should visit the savage forum, im sure they will take care of you there.
Sorry [&o]
Old 05-02-2012, 07:54 PM
BrentP

lol I see the same thing with foamie warbirds with tbe bickering, been on both sides of the fence.......it just seems to be more a sign of the times than anything. I thinj this f/c is very cool and being a plane / boat guy with a desire to get a 1/4 miler one day this appeals to me as does the xmas tree. I don't disagree it may not be as fun for long and a little pricey but never say never.......maybe if all the guys that think it's crap don't buy it the price will come down.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:40 PM
narwalrus

The aim of drag racing is shifting or building up a car, otherwise there is no competition, and this has neither. Speed is repetitive and boring after a while. I don't get it.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:07 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some of my favorite R/c moments happen at 30mph, speed is over-rated, I DO want my on-road to be able to do 60mph, but i don't usually go back and fourth at that speed, and i want my off-road to do at least 40mph, but i usually bash around at 25-30mph.

actually my next rig will be a drift car, completely different spectrum, fun at 10-25 mph. i hate real life drifting, i think its lame, but for r/c it looks pretty dang sweet.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:46 AM
scottman20006

To all of you idiots that are bashing this car and bashing Rc Drag Racing,dont understand RC drag racing.i have said it on other forums,and ill say it here, all you rustler freaks that your truck is soooo fast,anybody can take a savage or rustler and go to a big ass parking lot and make speed runs with no bounderies..pretty simple guys,any of you that are complaining is easy and boring,here is a little test for you, take your fast ass savages,or rustlers..go tothat bigass parking lot but take a can of spray paint... Now take that paint and draw two lines about 14ft apart,and about 150 ft long.. now sit down your rustler or your savage.then all at once Mash the throttle full and dont let up and see if you can keep it between the lines without crosiing over them..Also instead of all you guys that make these cars go 90mph..try gearing them alittle lower,so they come off the line alot harder..then lets see you guys brag that RC Drag RACING IS EASY!!!!!!!Because i will bet money on it you guys wont be able to keep it between the lines at least for your first 10 runs.RC drag racing is just as involved in setup,suspension,aligmnents,weight, just like any other form of RC racing.But before you guys get on here an brag you did it,please post a video of your runs.iam not saying that you wont be able to do it,but you will find out very quickly that its way harder than you guys think.
Old 05-05-2012, 08:35 AM
The_Shark

yeah its not easy, thats why i like 2wd pan car, they have incredible potential but taming the beast is VERY hard to do, i have very little track time under my belt but once i lay the car down i freak myself out because im used to being on the edge of control, my t-maxx is the narrow one set up all floppy, so it will go up on two wheels sideways, i can actually drive the car on the sidewalls and constantly be going from 4 tires to 2 tires to 3 tires and maintain speed and a corner at the same time.

pretty much everything i own a newbie will wrap around a tree in two seconds.
Old 07-31-2012, 11:55 PM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

So what ever happened with these things, did anyone ever buy one? Was all the mud slinging in this thread worth it?
Old 08-01-2012, 08:58 PM
The_Shark

slinging mud is fun

I only know one person who got one as a prize, his rx never bound to the rx and the gear mesh was super tight from the factory, he hasn't run it yet. thats the problem when you make a rig look so pretty and expensive, this is why I try not to buy tamiya because their bodies are sometimes limited run and expensive and too nice to scratch up, my C11 body is sitting in a box[&o]
Old 08-02-2012, 09:04 PM
The_Shark

FLOP
Old 08-03-2012, 12:20 AM
celica49

I saw them do an exhibition run of a couple of them at the Bandimere Mile High Nationals, which was cool and all, but didnt really interest me much. I am the announcer at a local drag strip, and the Mile High's was the 1st big drag race I had been to, but of the whole thing, the traxxas demo just seemed like time killer to me before the finals. They even had a couple big names ("Big Daddy" Don Garlits and Judy Lilly) piloting the cars, but honestly, I would have much rather seen another big, fast, 4 second 1000 foot run.

The thing about these cars, is that unless you have a group that will run with you, and a 330 foot (1/8th of a quarter mile) to use and play with, its not something that will be used much.