Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

traxxas 4tec

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 01:18 PM
kelvis25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default traxxas 4tec

hello wondering if anyone has any ideas or maybe has had the same problem asme with there traxxas 4tec, for some reason im losing a shed load of fuel through my exhaust, the rubber pipe that leads from the top of my tank to the exhaust is constanly drawing fuel, id say theres more fuel getting pumped out the exhust than s going thrught to the engine itself. any help or advice would be thankfuly recieved,,,,,,,,,,,,,,kelvin
Old 05-06-2012, 09:27 PM
silvermansteve
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: traxxas 4tec

wow. the purpose of that is to pressurize the fuel tank, not suck fuel from it. how can it be running backwards? i'd love to hear what people say.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:11 PM
FastRS4s

Yea...the ONLY way i can see this happening is if the motor is SUPER rich...but even if thats happening...the car ould run like crap.if it runs at all...

Your not telling us something...
Old 05-07-2012, 01:16 PM
kelvis25

No she not running rich i really could not understand what was going on the exhaust inlet on the top of the fuel tank had a pipe that went all the way to the bottom of the tank i have now blocked it off drilled a small hole in the top of the tank and fitted a small nipple which i now have the rubber pipe from the exhaust attatched to, now i dont have the fuel pouring out the exhaust like it was so fingers crossed problem solved
Old 05-07-2012, 01:16 PM
steed2-inactive

If the fuel is pumping from the tank to the exhaust it wouldnt run, you are running super rich and some fuel is gathering in the pressure line, remember the exhaust doesnt pump air into the tank as in volume, it just pressurizes the tank so the only movement of air is as the fuel drops. You running way to rich, which explains the fuel in the pressure line and the poor fuel mileage. lean it out!
Old 05-07-2012, 01:20 PM
steed2-inactive

also fuel in the line will not affect the pressure in the tank.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:51 PM
steed2-inactive

ORIGINAL: kelvis25

No she not running rich i really could not understand what was going on the exhaust inlet on the top of the fuel tank had a pipe that went all the way to the bottom of the tank i have now blocked it off drilled a small hole in the top of the tank and fitted a small nipple which i now have the rubber pipe from the exhaust attatched to, now i dont have the fuel pouring out the exhaust like it was so fingers crossed problem solved
You shouldn't have to modify a product for it to work as intended. were the lines just hooked up backwards, and you drilled another hole (probably ruining a perfectly fine fule tank)when all you had to do was hook them up properly?
Old 05-07-2012, 07:34 PM
silvermansteve

well you have here the most interesting problem, like water running uphill. i guess it's running so rich yod mistake unburned fuel from the motor for fuel from the tank; as people said. SO did you try running it leaner?
Old 05-09-2012, 03:48 AM
jose0246

hey guys,i was wondering if some one could tell me the best settings for my 4tec???i messed with the settings a bit,but im not sure its running at peak performance...let me know please...
Old 05-09-2012, 04:12 AM
FastRS4s

ORIGINAL: jose0246

hey guys,i was wondering if some one could tell me the best settings for my 4tec???i messed with the settings a bit,but im not sure its running at peak performance...let me know please...
No one can tell you the best setting for your 4tec. its different with everyone, I tune to the sound of my motor, but its took me many years to do that....alot of guys get a infared temp gun...or get a radar gun..
Old 05-09-2012, 04:34 AM
jose0246

i talked to the tech guys at traxxas and they gave me the factory sattings,but i figured id ask people who drive them every day.