Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Nutech 5SC Build

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 05:28 AM
Bulldogger
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nutech 5SC Build

ORIGINAL: pwaicon

ORIGINAL: Bulldogger

I have been trying to decide between this and the Mega beetle any thoughts? also can you use there factory radio gear or is it sub par like HPI's.
I have never used the factory radio gear so I really can't say if it is any good or not. However, from my experience with other stock radio gear it has never been all that good. As for the Mega Beetle and the SC5 it really comes down to preference. The beetle does have the wider stance and I have always liked the beetle body, I think it is my favorite body style.
I'm looking foward to you running it, to see how the front bumpers hold up. The truck looks pretty good. I may end up going a similar route to you. I would do the TB III with the beetle body and tires, and go with the AAA front bumper. I haven't had a 4wd in a really long time do you think it will hill climb any better then 2wd? Any advantages to 4wd over 2wd other then the handling?? Thanks
Old 05-08-2012, 07:51 PM
pwaicon

ORIGINAL: pwaicon

I have been trying to decide between this and the Mega beetle any thoughts? also can you use there factory radio gear or is it sub par like HPI's.
I have never used the factory radio gear so I really can't say if it is any good or not. However, from my experience with other stock radio gear it has never been all that good. As for the Mega Beetle and the SC5 it really comes down to preference. The beetle does have the wider stance and I have always liked the beetle body, I think it is my favorite body style.
I'm looking foward to you running it, to see how the front bumpers hold up. The truck looks pretty good. I may end up going a similar route to you. I would do the TB III with the beetle body and tires, and go with the AAA front bumper. I haven't had a 4wd in a really long time do you think it will hill climb any better then 2wd? Any advantages to 4wd over 2wd other then the handling?? Thanks

Sorry for the late reply....the 4wd will definetly help up when it comes to hill climbing. You should check out Moo's custom formula offroad Jeep videos, that build came out great.[X(]
Old 05-08-2012, 07:54 PM
pwaicon

Here are some outside pics...I should have a video posted soon.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj22221.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	281.7 KB
ID:	1760606   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb89736.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	183.3 KB
ID:	1760607   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ot48192.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	184.9 KB
ID:	1760608   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uo35466.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	153.8 KB
ID:	1760609   Click image for larger version

Name:	Al72765.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	238.3 KB
ID:	1760610  
Old 05-09-2012, 12:16 PM
pwaicon

Here is the video of the Nutech 5SC's first run.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN2b9__pB54[/youtube]
Old 05-09-2012, 04:48 PM
bbuzzard
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking good! Any chance they will have clear bodies available soon?
Old 05-10-2012, 06:43 PM
pwaicon

ORIGINAL: bbuzzard

Looking good! Any chance they will have clear bodies available soon?
Thanks buz. Last time I asked about a clear body I was told they didn't have them and that they weren't sure if they were going to make them. I think they really need to make some clear Lexan bodies and work on the styling a little bit.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:06 AM
mooman007uk

Love your vids, no babying allowed ..lol
why nutech, and a couple of others, insist on making iffy looking bodies out of pvc instead of lexan is beyond me, lexan can't be that much more in cost...all is not lost though as the fg sc bodies will hopefully be ready soon...i heard release date was in July..wheelbase is 20mm more so just minor trimming and should plop straight on...i'm jonesing for the x6 sc body for my toxyc.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:50 AM
pcarluvr

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think your post just sold a Nutech! I've been researching 1/5 scale for a couple months driving myself INSANE and I think for the money, it may be the way to go. I just hope that the Monster Beetle/truck version has the same characteristics as the 5SC as far as durability! I'm going to watch that video again.