Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Nexus 30, where are the parts?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Nexus 30, where are the parts?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 06:41 AM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Nexus 30, where are the parts?

I bought this thing on a whim yesterday. Brand new, never started, never flown. The only thing it's missing is the rotor blades. I managed to track them down, and ordered a pair... but other parts are proving difficult to find. Are caliber 30 parts compatible?

Another question... how do I get started with this thing. I flew my dad's old GMP, and some electrics over the years... but I've never assembled one, much less set one up. The previous owner assembled this thing from a kit, and I have no way of knowing if he did everything right.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:01 AM
ATVAlliance

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nexus 30, where are the parts?

Looks like even back in 2007 parts were hard to find for this one.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5606227/tm.htm

There is always ebay too.  Or you could probably part it out and make enough money to get something more up to date if the parts are still as hard to come by.

Raptors have been around a long time and parts are still plentiful for them.  Maybe a Raptor 30 or 50 is in your future.  They can be had used for a steal.  Also, you could go with Align.  Or you could build a clone.

So many choices...so little money, and even less time!  lol
Old 05-11-2012, 07:19 AM
proanti1

I would really like to just keep this one, I don't have the time or motivation to part it out. I guess I'll just fly it until I break something.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:41 AM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: proanti1
....Another question... how do I get started with this thing. I flew my dad's old GMP, and some electrics over the years... but I've never assembled one, much less set one up. The previous owner assembled this thing from a kit, and I have no way of knowing if he did everything right.
Try this:
[link]http://www.heliguy.com/nexus/manual.html[/link]

Rafael
Old 05-11-2012, 12:54 PM
proanti1

Another question, did this come as RTF? I didn't get a box with it, so I have no idea.

Apparently they were all supplied with the OS 32SX engine and Futaba 6EXP transmitter, which mine has. If it came assembled from the factory, maybe I don't need to worry about adjusting things until I first run it?
Old 05-11-2012, 01:27 PM
TakeshiSkunk

I guess I'll just fly it until I break something.
No offense but that likely isn't going to take very long at all. If you have any real interest in flying helis your best choice would be to flip it for something with parts availability.

If you're intent on flying it at the very least build yourself some training gear.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:31 PM
ACE_

For Nexus 30 parts, ebay. Just search Nexus 30. Also go to tailwinz.com , Matt has loads of stuff!
Old 05-14-2012, 12:15 PM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Another question, did this come as RTF? I didn't get a box with it, so I have no idea.

Apparently they were all supplied with the OS 32SX engine and Futaba 6EXP transmitter, which mine has. If it came assembled from the factory, maybe I don't need to worry about adjusting things until I first run it?
My Concept 30 DX came as an ARF (Almost Ready To Fly) without radio, servos or gyro, but with engine. The Kyosho helicopters were very popular back then and the concept of RTF and ARF was introduced at the time. Even if it came assembled from the factory, It is a good idea to go over it and make sure that everything is right. Some people even suggest to take the bolts out and apply locktite where necessary. For this you have to partially dis-assemble some things.

Rafael