Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

FAKE DHL missed delivery e-mail

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

FAKE DHL missed delivery e-mail

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 11:29 AM
countilaw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default FAKE DHL missed delivery e-mail

If you received a e-mail that uses the DHL logo advising that your package failed delivery DO NOT OPEN THE ATTACHMENT !!!!
There is a 7 or 8 digit tracking number and the word "failed" in red letters. The 800 phone number listed is the actual DHL number. They have a recording informing people that he e-mails are fake and that the attachment may contain a virus.

Frank
AMA #5810
Old 05-15-2012, 11:34 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: FAKE DHL missed delivery e-mail

I work IT for a living and there is a few emails like this one going around right now. There are ones from UPS, FED EX, DHL, and other shippers that all have the same make as yours. They are the latest in virus delivery methods going around. 

Ken
Old 05-15-2012, 12:11 PM
rmenke
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh man, things are becomming bad bad out here with scammers, especially when you are a computer dummy. Scammers apparently have sustems than pull you to them somehow when trying to contact people like Microsoft, AT&T and there screens are identical to the big boys. Have a new icon with the AT&T girl help service that aids you to go directly to a scammer group. They also have a virus system for sale being advertised on the net. Wonder what may be in there.

Maby we need to form a world wide viglante association something like the 70's in SanFrancisco. Helped to stop lots of bad stuff when the Mayor was maffa and the police were worse than the thieves, judges on the take big time. I truly wish that this is not true.
Old 05-15-2012, 05:42 PM
G8er

I get them from USPS, and various other companies

Come on people use your noggins if you didn't buy something from sears.com don't open the "sears" e-mail saying click here to schedule a delivery. If your worried about a possible theft(which you probably should be with an e-mail like that) go check your credit card statement.
Old 05-15-2012, 06:21 PM
MetallicaJunkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ive been getting one from Youtube, stating that my video has reached number one or some crap like that.... i knew it was BS when i hovered my mouse cursor over the link and it was a wierd website and did not click on it
Old 05-15-2012, 09:12 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

All someone has to do is just think for a second, how did UPS, DHL, Fed-Ex or any other company get your e-mail address? Ever see your e-mail address on a shipping label? Not me!
Yeah, I get this junk all the time. I'm still getting Nigerian 419 scam e-mails or variants of them. It's the naive people that you have to worry about like my wife. I'm the only one in our house with a savings and checking account and she has been told to NEVER give out any information to anyone online or even the phone about my account numbers.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:13 AM
DadsToysBG
My Feedback: (35)

I got one saying they found a picture of my wife. All I had to do is open the attachment. I know my wife and trust her. Straight into the trash can dennis
Old 05-16-2012, 07:57 AM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I get bank notices at banks I have never used.
Old 05-16-2012, 08:20 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Yeah, I get those also, mostly from "Bank of America" which I don't have an account with. My bank doesn't have my e-mail address either nor my mortgage company.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:49 AM
countilaw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You just never know.... If you are waiting on a that battery pack, or kit, to be delivered, you may not think about it being a scam. The first thought you get is " dang it, now it will be a few more days to get that part I need." And the unsuspecting person opens it to see where there package is.

Frank