Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

RC 10 15T motor problems

Old 05-15-2012, 04:09 PM
poeman446

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC 10 15T motor problems

I have a team associated RC10 Championship edition, and Im restoring it as best I can. I have a new HPI firebolt motor in it, and its a 15T motor. Ialso have Dynamite 15T Tazer ESC. Im having a few problems with it though.

First, My motors are dying, and Fast. Im on the second firebolt in a while. The first worked for about 3 weeks with about 15 runs on it (a battery charge... or about 25 minutes) I run the motors hard i guess. The second motor lasted 4 runs and the brushes came off of the arms on the inside. Im irritated at this. These are cheap motors but I dont want to keep buying them. (i ordered two more today). Also, Iblow the motors out usually after each run so they dont get too gritty and dirty. Im running the buggy in dirt, sand, gravel. etc. Any suggestions here?

Second, My motor takes a while to get to full speed. It goes about 75 percent and then goes to a full 100 percent power/speed. Is this because of the cheap ESC, or was the motors going bad? it happened on both the motors; the latter half of the life of the first motor, and the whole time on the second motor. This was a super cheap ESC and motor, so im not surprised.

Thanks so much for all the help!
-Ethan
Old 05-15-2012, 06:22 PM
crazy nick
My Feedback: (29)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: RC 10 15T motor problems

Possible gearing problem. How hot r the motors getting? If they r too hot to touch for 5 seconds +, your overheating them.
Old 05-15-2012, 07:02 PM
poeman446

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RC 10 15T motor problems

Inever thought of that... They are getting hotter than that. Now, i need to find a guide on gearing Iguess. Its the same gear and transmission that came with the stock 27T motor on the car... so yeah, that COULDbe a problem. Ill look into regearing now.