Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Whats wrong with this car ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 06:59 PM
Automan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats wrong with this car ?

Is there anything wrong with this buggy MAVERICK Vader XB 1:5 ? Does anyone have it and can tell me whats good and bad on it ? I just found out about this buggy and it looks real nice, sure it's underpowered, but that can be fixed. I just need to know about the quality of the car, cassis and arms and everything, so i know if it is a good base to build on.. like a project.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:05 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Whats wrong with this car ?

in USA we can buy it under the Redcat brand as the Rampage XB-E
http://www.redcatracing.com/RC-Cars/...-XB-E-Electric

I wouldnt call it underpowered. It has very fast acceleration and will hit 40ish mph...which is on par with most RTR gas 1/5's

General feedback on the redcat version is good. Tough chassis, strong driveline and a decent motor/esc combo.

General issues are the basic radio and RTR typical steering servo. Most anyone who owns a RTR 1/5 ponies up the money for a higher quality steering servo.

The prices on the maverick version seem a bit high (at least the prices I coudl find) What would it cost you? The redcat version is under $800 RTR with lipos.
Old 05-16-2012, 08:33 AM
Automan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Whats wrong with this car ?

Thanks for the info !

I guess it wont be as low price as the redcat version Those times i buy a rtr i always remove the servos and radiostuff before i do anything, i know they are always crap and i just prefer to have good stuff in it from the start.

Im still not sure if i want this car, havent read anything about it from people that owns one in any forum.. not the maverick anyways, but i see now that its the same as the redcat and i didnt know that before. I would love a buggy of that size and wheelbase, the mcd's are to short and no other buggy have good anough wheelbase but this have a strange old wheelfitting, similar to fg's old squarethings.. im just curious if there will be any wheels to get that will fit that, other then those stock.