Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Traxxas Shocks on Volcano S30

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 05:29 PM
bpohl

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Traxxas Shocks on Volcano S30

I have installed Shocks from a Traxxas Stampede and have notice alot better handling. The XX-long shocks(rear shocks on a Nitro Stampede) have alot more travel than the stock ones. SO instead of having two shocks per corner I just have one. It jumps better and lands better. Few improvements that I have found you can do.
Old 05-18-2012, 05:59 PM
Dads like rc too

Default RE: Traxxas Shocks on Volcano S30

Good to know. Half the shocks mean half the maintenance.
Old 05-18-2012, 06:41 PM
lakesrunner

Yes good idea, would miss the 8 shocks though, it's apretty cool feature of it. Maintenance is part of the hobby and think it's one of the good parts of it. I've dealt with restraightening shocks and leaks. I'll consider this tip.
Old 05-18-2012, 07:01 PM
bpohl

I agree on the straightening. i am constantly straightening my sons out. Just something I decided to try when I installed the .21 in mine and had to use the single shocks on the rear. So i ordered another set to put back on my Stampede, than realize that the front of the truck seemed to have shorter travel on the shocks. Used the shocks I ordered on the front and found out how much better the truck handled!! I have a couple pictures will try and post tomorrow. I launched this truck over 6 feet in the air and had no issues with the land.
Old 05-19-2012, 07:15 AM
Dads like rc too

ORIGINAL: lakesrunner

Yes good idea, would miss the 8 shocks though, it's a pretty cool feature of it. Maintenance is part of the hobby and think it's one of the good parts of it. I've dealt with restraightening shocks and leaks. I'll consider this tip.
to me, the extra shocks were never any better than 4 good shocks. It was a good sales item, especially for those getting into the hobby to see the 8 shocks. I just think its easier to tune the suspension with 4 shocks instead of 8. Maintenance is part of this hobby, to me though, you don't get any more enjoyment out of tearing down 8 shocks instead of 4.
Old 05-19-2012, 07:16 AM
Dads like rc too

Old 05-22-2012, 04:49 PM
AL 01412

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm thinking about buying these shocks for my volcano epx pro. the rod pro should have the same suspension dimentions as the S30 right? How are those shocks bpohl? I also like the idea of having 4 shocks instead of 8, and they are only 18 bucks for 2 sets of rears so I figured id give it a shot. You have rear shocks all the way around on your s30 right?
Old 05-22-2012, 06:25 PM
bpohl

Yes they will work. I have some pictures but cannot get them to post. My son has Exceed Monster truck which is identical to the Volcano EXP . There is some differnece in the suspension, but will work. Iam using the Nitro Stampede Rear shocks all the way around. I noticed with the old shocks my truck would bounce after it jumped(shocks bottoming out) but after installing these shocks it lands good. The traxxas shocks are longer and bigger bore. Should work fine
Old 05-22-2012, 06:37 PM
bpohl

Pictures

Old 05-22-2012, 06:44 PM
bpohl

Ok here is a link to gallery you can view the pictures there. Everytime I try and post a picture in here i get a Error 500???

http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/...ection=gallery
Old 05-25-2012, 10:37 AM
AL 01412

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the reply bpohl. I ordered the stampede shocks today. They look good on your truck.