Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

MCX2 servo not working??

Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

MCX2 servo not working??

Old 05-18-2012, 10:23 PM
fleetz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MCX2 servo not working??

Hi Guys,

Just started flying my MXC2 and was wondering if the servo on the right hand side as you are looking from the front of the heli is meant to function.

If I give the elevation stick up and down movement the servo on the left hand side goes up and down but the RHS does nothing.

Wondering if I have a faulty unit? Hard to say, it hoovers and seems to manuover OK.

I am probably missing something being a newbie....

Regards,

Ian
Old 05-19-2012, 03:59 PM
AH-64_d

Default RE: MCX2 servo not working??

That servo is aileron roll. The left servo controls forward and back motion (elevator). The relative speed of the rotors controls yaw. The MCX2 would get about OK in the absence of aileron control. Rebind. If the aileron servo still fails to move, you have a problem that would have to be fixed if you want ailerons.

AH-64 D
Old 05-19-2012, 04:51 PM
fleetz

Thanks for that. So the aileron servo is meant to move when there is rotor speed up? I can hold the MCX2 and throttle up and move the aileron control and I see no servo movement.

In flight I can turn and position 360 degrees, move backwards and forwards however it is very slight movement I can't however move it left or right, I suspect there are not enough sevors to do this???

Regards,

Ian
Old 05-20-2012, 06:34 AM
AH-64_d

You can do all of those maneuvers without aileron input. Aileron input is only required if you are trying to "bank" left or right. For instance, in an airplane, you would enter a turn by toggling the rudder and maintain the turn with ailerons. Your MCX2 has 2 servos (elevator and aileron) and controls yaw by controlling upper and lower rotor speeds. If your MCX2 does not slide left or right in response to aileron input, something is wrong with that control. You already know that you can fly fairly well without it, so you will have to decide if you want to fix the problem or ignore it.
Old 05-20-2012, 01:09 PM
fleetz

Thanks AH-64_D.

It is starting to makes sense. I grabbed the MCX2 and throttled up then under hard throttle stick left and right and the servo kicks in. So all is well, it is about uderstanding how these things work. I am starting on the journey so the learning curve is steep.

Thanks for taking the time to help me out.

Regards,

Ian