Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Lipo Battery & Charger

Old 05-21-2012, 09:30 AM
4X4VolPro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lipo Battery & Charger

Where do I buy the Lipo charger?

I have a Volcano EPX Pro. I see I can buy the battery on RedCat Racing...but where do I buy the charger?

Can anyone send me links on where to order a charger from or if RedCat has one?
Old 05-21-2012, 10:25 AM
LaTuFu
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lipo Battery & Charger

You should probably spend some time researching how chargers and LiPos work, so you can get a better idea of what you want.

If you just want to go with a cheap, functional charger, and deal with the rest later, there are several 50W models with AC power buit in.  Not the most powerful chargers out there, but if you're just trying to charge one or two batteries they'll get the job done.

Thunder AC680, Thunder AC6, Turnigy Accucel-6 are a few examples that work well.

Your LHS may have a decent one, too.  Avoid the Onyx chargers they tend to sell.  Overpriced and underfeatured compared to the ones I just listed.

Hobbypartz or Hobbyking dot com for ordering.  Read this forum, the Batteries and Chargers forum here and on RC Groups, and just about any other RC related forum, and you'll get a quick education on how they work and what to look for in a good charger.