Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

First flight of the year and tail way out of trim... ***?

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

First flight of the year and tail way out of trim... ***?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 02:23 AM
mmurray70

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First flight of the year and tail way out of trim... ***?

Took my HK 450 pro out last week and flew a couple battery packs and the tail trim was way out. Kept wanting to turn left. Using a HK-401 gyro. I managed to trim it out on the transmitter, but shouldnt the gyro have taken care of this? What could be wrong? I tried unplugged batt and started from scratch again, was slightly better but still turning.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:04 AM
Tinkman

Default RE: First flight of the year and tail way out of trim... ***?

Put your Tx in Rate Mode and zero the trim. Then adjust your tail servo's position on the tail boom until the heli hovers without wanting to piro. You should be able to get it fairly stable.
Then when you fly in HH mode it should be locked in with almost no trim applied. You may have to re-center the gyro. In most gyros you can do this by rapidly switching between rate and HH three times while in hover.

Joaquin
Old 05-22-2012, 06:31 PM
mmurray70

Default RE: First flight of the year and tail way out of trim... ****?

Thanks Tinkman, I got it figured out. I've never really used anything but HH mode, but as soon as you mentioned both modes I decided to double check my transmitter and sure enough my last two flights were in rate mode. Obviously this was the difference I was seeing. My mistake. Must have hit the switch sometime over the winter when playing with my mcpx.