Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Scale Boating
Reload this Page >

RC Switches

Notices
RC Scale Boating Enjoy rc scale boating? Talk about it here.

RC Switches

Old 05-28-2012, 07:54 PM
ISIRC10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC Switches

Hey guys, this is my first time posting in the scale boating forum (been hanging with the FE and airboat guys for some time) but I have been lurking on some pretty awesome builds in this section as well. I am posting in order to guage the interest out there in R/c controlled switches - something simple that you can hook up to a spare channel to turn an LED or small dc motor on and off. This would be in a versatile and user friendly package, on a 1" square circuit board. There would be a reciever lead that you plug into a spare channel and two leads coming off the board that you could wire as an ordinary switch. Once your RC channel would go past neutral, the "switch" would turn on and light your LED/motor. If there is interest, I can make up some boards and sell them for 8$ (plus shipping) for a single channel switch. I could also make one that controlled 2 channels (2 inputs, 2 outputs) if there is interest, and also one for a 3 position switch on your TX with 3 separate outputs. I am also open to specific requests - I will try my best to put something together if you can accurately describe the application and components used. These units are all programmable, so I can make the output pulse or blink if you want without changing any hardware. The circuits themselves will be hand made single sided pcbs of a fairly high quality, although they will not have a soldermask. I just could not justify the cost of getting professional units made for such a small design. Later I will post a video showing one of the boards that I have already completed in action (acting as a switch for a remote camera shutter). I can waterproof them if you wish (encasing in a thin layer of epoxy).

If anyone is interested, please either PM me or post your comments and questions below.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:10 PM
All Day Dan
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: RC Switches

There are some at this web site. Dan.
http://www.sentex.ca/~mec1995/gadgets/gadgets.htm
Old 05-28-2012, 08:19 PM
ISIRC10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RC Switches

Yep, I know that there are plenty of designs out there - the one I have in mind uses a small microcontroller, which means that you can control the output in any way you want, not just a simple on-off circuit. For instance, if oyu have a variable pot on your tx , you can set up many different modes on a single channel, and you can cycle through them just by advancing or turning back the pot. I feel like this can add a greater level of detail to many builds, which is why I posted my inquiry. Nevertheless, thanks for the post Dan, I am browsing through their circuits as I type!