Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Musical Instruments you play?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 11:05 AM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Musical Instruments you play?

I play the trumpet. My collection is a
- 1992 King Silver Flair (my pride and joy)
- 1989 Yamaha YCR2310 (Rented and beat to h**l)
- 1968 Olds Ambassador (Los Angelas, CA, just recently bought and plays, but is in a shabby cosmetic condition)

What do you play?
Old 05-29-2012, 11:07 AM
cumminspower5.9
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Musical Instruments you play?

I play a little guitar and bass. I have a cheap first act acoustic from walmart ($100) but it sounds really nice and is made of quality wood. i also have a johnson bass. im not very good, but i like to play around with it often. i've made a few of my own songs.
Old 05-29-2012, 11:21 AM
BKoz559
My Feedback: (3)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Intersting thread.

I used to play gigs about 8 years ago as a drummer. I still have the kit which isbuilt aroundTama Starclassic Performer toms, a home made 24x22 Keller maple shell bass with Tama hardware and a Pearl brass floating snare. All Tama hardware, including the Air-Ride snare stand and Sabian AAX Stage cymbals.

I kinda play bass andhave a Fender "Mexican" P-Basswith an SWR 4x10 bass stack. I can't setup my drums at my current home and the bass rig is too loud so Ihack a few chords on a Hohner dreadnought and a Continental classical.
Old 05-29-2012, 12:08 PM
Tjettzky

I'm really out of shape these days, but I "play" the Trumpet (Strad and a super old Conn cornet), Steel Drums (Seconds/Tenor) and I'm a classically trained singer. I also experimented with the French Horn and a few others during my crazy college days...
Old 05-29-2012, 12:48 PM
nitrosteve22

Used to play the guitar but now they collect dust. Once in a while I'll pick one up,hard to find time and motivation for it I guess.
Old 05-29-2012, 02:47 PM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can play the guitar, badly. I bought a ukulele and learned some simple songs. This was years ago though...
Old 05-29-2012, 02:50 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I play bass guitar, need to practice more, I know mostly Rush songs; enemy within, counterpart, force ten, overture/temples of syrinx, roll the bones, Driven, distant early warning and im learning big money and cold fire. I play a black steinberger spirit 4 string bass on a Canadian made 100watt york amp.

and im messing around with drums since my bro has a sweet set (instead of buying a car that numb-nut)
Old 05-29-2012, 03:01 PM
Dirty_Vinylpusher

I'm determined to buy a kit and build a theremin one day.
Hands down the coolest "instrument" ever created.

Would suit me perfectly I reckon.
No chords or anything to learn, just play by feel.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mW0B1sipLBI[/youtube]

Old 05-30-2012, 12:00 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well? Or just enough to knock out a ditty or two?

I play the drums (rock/metal/double kick drum) well. I was in a death metal band in the UK when I was younger. Not famous or anything, but we were decent.

Other instruments I play badly, but have had at least 'some' formal training in...

Classical drums (Timpani, march, etc)
Oboe (was the first instrument I learned, took it to grade 4, probably wouldn't be able to get a note out of one these days, haven't played since I was 12!)
Guitar (just the basic cords and a few riffs, I wanted and started to learn but never realised how difficult it was, gave up after a few months, but can still play wild thing and the theme from the movie 'snowman'. lol)
Piano, grade 3, just enough to not look terrible. lol.
I also did theory to grade 4 and can read sheet music (barely, not actually fast enough to be able to play as I read, but still, I can work out what a tune is like from the sheet music, given enough time)

Music is actually really hard. Really, really hard. I have incredible respect for those who are very good at playing their instruments. I wouldn't even have learned what I've learned if I didn't go to boarding school and had nothing else to do with my time.
Old 05-30-2012, 03:02 AM
iexion

Last guitar i bought is a Ibanez ART 100 and bought another amp just last week, Line6 50w spider.
3 Ibanez guitars 1 Yamaha bass (girlfriends but she doesn't touch it) 3 amps (again 1 for the bass)
Would like to find a decent Mandolin.

Violin, trumpet, saxamaphone and drum line (grade school)
Anything I can get my hands on I want to play it. Currently trying to play poly-rhythms. (Meshuggah)
I play guitar as a hobby nothing more.

Oh Ive also been wanting one of these for a while now
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vs55896.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	1767251  
Old 05-30-2012, 04:22 AM
collector1231

Extreme setup guys! I used to play acoustic with my friend's old Yamaha. I quit and moved on to trumpet. Right now, i'm in the middle of learning an alto saxamafone and own a crap new Etude student, cuz it was the only thing i could get.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:10 AM
Ttam Says Blarg

I have a couple guitars. A Yamaha, ibanez and a Gibson Epiphone. Ive gotten quite good at playing
Old 05-30-2012, 07:07 PM
Mr. Mugen

1994 bach strat

Also still have my first student model which I believe is a Getzen 300

Had a Getzen renissance for a year before getting the bach
Old 05-30-2012, 08:00 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

got 3 electric guitars that I suck at playing(proanti prolly looks like a pro next to me ). For some reason I just can't get fingering down pact.
one(Harmony H19 that's been modded by a past owner) has been sitting half painted(needs a coat or 2 or paint, and clear coat) for half a year due to the temp plummeting before I could finish it last year, and haven't had time yet this season to finish it plus the weathers been EXTREMELY loopy here 50 one day 90 the next, and plummets back to 60s so planning a few days to paints almost impossible till it stabilizes some. If the last owner of it didn't modify, and route out the pickup area(along with break off the name plate) I could have sold it easily for $900 [:@]. I also have to finish its new finger board that I started. Just have been side tracked with other issues.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:07 AM
collector1231

ORIGINAL: Mr. Mugen

1994 bach strat

Also still have my first student model which I believe is a Getzen 300

Had a Getzen renissance for a year before getting the bach
I think the Bach Strad is the same thing as a Silver Flair. Does it have a trigger or saddle for the 1st valve slide? And i'm going to post pictures of my trumpets later, once i got em all polished up (as best as I can get them LOL)
Old 05-31-2012, 02:56 PM
Enzyme80

Guitar for me - I have three. Epiphone SG, Fender POS acoustic, and my baby a 1968 Ovation Thunderhead (it is an Ovation electric) man that things plays nice. [link=http://www.baronaudio.com/collection/]something like this...[/link]. Also, I had one of the first 10 Ovation acoustic guitars ever made, unfortunately when I was at college the wood on the guitar finally gave out and tore the guitar apart . My grandfather used to work with Charlie Kaman building helicopters and it was during this time he was giving multiple prototypes to try. I am so sad I do not have that guitar more but it is what it is.
My amp is a Peavey Bandit 112 - decent sound but nothing great and I have a Boss GT-8 pedal board. It is pretty sick.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:33 PM
warheadforever

I have played for about 12 years.

Gibson Les Paul Flood in blue with some mods LOL
Fender American standard Strat all moded with all the goodies. LOL
Rickenbacker 330
Epi Les Paul Ultra 2 with the works done to it LOL
and a few Dreadnoughts to
Amps
Splawn Quickrod (Marshall eating monster!!!) with matching Splawn 4x12 (que 125 DB of awesomeness LOLLOLOL)
Peavey KB300
Peavey Valveking 212 with new speakers (Emi Wizard and Swamp Thang awesome speaker combo)
Egnater 4100 Tourmaster,
and a Bugera V5 with a 1950 vintage Jensen speaker.
then all the assorted pedals LOL
Boss something another distortion/overdrive forgot the exacted name
DijiTech CM-2
Fulltone OCD vs 1.4 I think
MXR Script Dyna Comp
Boss 7 band EQ,
and some cheap tuner. LOL
Old 06-01-2012, 08:39 AM
cumquat

i used to "play" the cornet (similar to the trumpet but shorter) and the trombone. i've played the drums since i was 9 although i havent touched one in about 6 years. i have been thinking about getting an electronic set to get back into it. i've also considered picking up the guitar. i have my grandpa's and my great-grandpa's guitars to use. my great grandpa had a Gibson and i cant remember what my grandpa's is.
Old 06-01-2012, 03:45 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: iexion

Last guitar i bought is a Ibanez ART 100 and bought another amp just last week, Line6 50w spider.
3 Ibanez guitars 1 Yamaha bass (girlfriends but she doesn't touch it) 3 amps (again 1 for the bass)
Would like to find a decent Mandolin.

Violin, trumpet, saxamaphone and drum line (grade school)
Anything I can get my hands on I want to play it. Currently trying to play poly-rhythms. (Meshuggah)
I play guitar as a hobby nothing more.

Oh Ive also been wanting one of these for a while now
saxamaphone?[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1kLxLdtIiE[/youtube]