Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Fly Eagle Vs Jet legend Vs Skymaster vs Fei Bao

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems
View Poll Results: A poll
SKYMASTER
43.49%
JET LEGEND
8.32%
FEI BAO
6.28%
FLY EAGLE
41.92%
Voters: 637. You may not vote on this poll

Fly Eagle Vs Jet legend Vs Skymaster vs Fei Bao

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 11:43 AM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: Fly Eagle Vs Jet legend Vs Skymaster vs Fei Bao

ORIGINAL: FenderBean

I don't have my f14 yet but enough people are flying them I don't expect to have any issues.
Every one I have seen video of has fluttered?
Old 05-31-2012, 11:58 AM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

B1 had flutter due to wrong setup on servo arms, wap had a stripped set screw. Many other f14s across the planet flying with out issues. The others in my opinion are easy fixes, just my opinion, but anyway on the topic its clearly all a matter of opinions.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:00 PM
FenderBean

You can youtube and find 20+ videos of the f14 flying just fine.
ORIGINAL: mr_matt

ORIGINAL: FenderBean

I don't have my f14 yet but enough people are flying them I don't expect to have any issues.
Every one I have seen video of has fluttered?
Old 05-31-2012, 12:03 PM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

ORIGINAL: ianober

Huh???? I know of maybe 3 people who have successfully got them in the air and barely got them back in one piece. I think the F-14 is far from being labeled as an everyday flier such as the F-16 or F-18 they produce.
I have seen a couple of FEJ F-16s fly - big and small, but I have *never* seen an FEJ F-18 fly, or even seen on at all - curious...

Bob
Old 05-31-2012, 12:21 PM
Shaun Evans

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi,

The large FEJ F-18F that I saw fly at Pendleton flew great.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:27 PM
ianober
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: rhklenke

ORIGINAL: ianober

Huh???? I know of maybe 3 people who have successfully got them in the air and barely got them back in one piece. I think the F-14 is far from being labeled as an everyday flier such as the F-16 or F-18 they produce.
I have seen a couple of FEJ F-16s fly - big and small, but I have *never* seen an FEJ F-18 fly, or even seen on at all - curious...

Bob

Yeah, I know what you mean. I have seen the large F-18 "fly" although it had an interesting return. I guess my point was more that models like the F-16 and F-18 are all over and many have successful flights all the time. The F-14, not really. I have never seen one fly successfully twice in one day. Granted I have not been to a lot of meets lately I would think the vids would be slathered all over these forums. I follow Bob's progress on his F-14 and the amount of wrestling he is doing with that thing is crazy!
Old 05-31-2012, 12:31 PM
sskianpour
My Feedback: (2)

Ferocity of popcorn eating increasing. Have gained 4 pounds in 3 days since thread started. Now have 2 microwaves running full-time, all the time. Am considering hiring part-time help to have someone dump popped corn in bowl and place in front of me so I can keep watching computer monitor

Shaz
Old 05-31-2012, 12:35 PM
FenderBean

I'm taking the high road, Just like in my post we can all agree to disagree I guess This type of topic will never have a for sure answer.
ORIGINAL: sskianpour

Ferocity of popcorn eating increasing. Have gained 4 pounds in 3 days since thread started. Now have 2 microwaves running full-time, all the time. Am considering hiring part-time help to have someone dump popped corn in bowl and place in front of me so I can keep watching computer monitor

Shaz
Old 05-31-2012, 12:44 PM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

ORIGINAL: Wap4life

I have so far only bought fly eagle jets and i have not had any big issues with the jets. .

I am currently doing a company comparison for my next jet f-16. I'm looking at price and scale appearance as my two points. In my vast 1 year experience i have determine that all companies including BVM have issues.

I know fej f-16 fly great because of Fender and I watch B1 Bob rip the skys in Austin with his Jet Legend f-16.

Like Fender stated they all have pros and cons.

OH NO!!!!!

Don't say BVM has issues......you're going to be called a hater and have every RCU rule broken by those who will call you a hater in the process of calling you a hater.

Oh, and if you don't have to kit bash a little bit with any plane........

Would it be safe to assume that FEJ looks like there is more problems, but they are actually more plentiful?

Old 05-31-2012, 12:54 PM
FenderBean

BVM has some issues, they don't have enough jets to choose from I have seen the occasional BVM problem here on RCU but most are small things
dang it keep getting on here lol im going to work on my 46% plane
ORIGINAL: Desertlakesflying

I have so far only bought fly eagle jets and i have not had any big issues with the jets. .

I am currently doing a company comparison for my next jet f-16. I'm looking at price and scale appearance as my two points. In my vast 1 year experience i have determine that all companies including BVM have issues.

I know fej f-16 fly great because of Fender and I watch B1 Bob rip the skys in Austin with his Jet Legend f-16.

Like Fender stated they all have pros and cons.

OH NO!!!!!

Don't say BVM has issues......you're going to be called a hater and have every RCU rule broken by those who will call you a hater in the process of calling you a hater.

Oh, and if you don't have to kit bash a little bit with any plane........

Would it be safe to assume that FEJ looks like there is more problems, but they are actually more plentiful?

Old 05-31-2012, 01:00 PM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What "problems" do BVM planes have? Can you be more specific?
Old 05-31-2012, 01:42 PM
Shaun Evans

LOL,

The only real problem BVM planes have is that I can't afford them. Seriously, though, the four times I've owned or built one, I always smiled as I opened up the box and went through the contents. The most recent one is the F-86, and I'm all smiles. It's a nice feeling! Nothing in this box will be thrown away and, so far, I I haven't come across a single thing that's made me think, "W-T-F am I supposed to do with this??" Instead, I'm usually thinking, "Wow, that's nice" or "Ahh...nice fit" or "oh...that's smart." I've never once had to call the rep or the home office and ask, "Umm... how did you guys get over the whole problem about two objects occupying the same space at the same time, because apparently you had that problem solved when you put the rudder servo and the stab shafts in the exact same spot in the tail?"

That goes double for the one JMP plane I've worked on. Not only a total absence of problems, but a constant feeling of awe that the stuff is so well designed and well built.

Uh-oh... wait.... I'm a rep for a competing company, so please disregard everything I just wrote about BVM and JMP. It's clearly unreliable information.

But seriously, if we were all flying on our own private islands, I wouldn't care. We're not, though, and it's one thing for a guy to be ok with having to get under the hood and do all the design and manufacture work himself to save a few bucks. It's another thing entirely when I'm standing there watching a stab oscillate 10" up and down at high speeds (because the designer knows little or nothing about how to properly design it to be inherently stable) as the plane goes down into a marsh and thinking, "Thank God there's a marsh there instead of the parking lot of the local Beemer club or a preschool." In that moment, it's everyone who flies jets' business. You can retort with, "Well, I saw an Ultra Bandit come apart, so it's all the same", but that would just be dumb. It's one thing to discover a flaw, but another to not care about flaws unless or until someone complains publicly on RCU because you consider your customers to also be your test dummies.
Old 05-31-2012, 02:05 PM
Wap4life
My Feedback: (3)

I know we like to think that everyone who flies and build jets post on rcu but i assure you they don't. At the field i fly at there are several manuf jet companies from fej, bvm, skymaster, fai bao, gbc and i think even one yellow f-18. I can't and will not speak for the entire jet community but at my field i've seen issues with all the companies mentioned.

Once again they all have pros and cons, please do the research and buy the jet you think is right for you.
Old 05-31-2012, 03:01 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Once again they all have pros and cons, please do the research and buy the jet you think is right for you.
Great resource for doing this research is posting a poll on RCUniverse.

Heavily weight responses from guys with hundreds (thousands?) of flights on dozens of different models, guys that have gone to jet events and seen a LOt of models for the last decade or 2!!
Old 05-31-2012, 03:29 PM
Shaun Evans

ORIGINAL: mr_matt

Great resource for doing this research is posting a poll on RCUniverse.

Heavily weight responses from guys with hundreds (thousands?) of flights on dozens of different models, guys that have gone to jet events and seen a LOt of models for the last decade or 2!!

Is there a "Smiling Out Loud" button?
Old 05-31-2012, 04:24 PM
longa

I think the eagle production model plane is the best, high quality and inexpensive, the friend that wants to buy quickly.
Old 05-31-2012, 04:32 PM
peng008

yeah+1+1+1+1
Old 05-31-2012, 04:59 PM
dbsonic

that was good : )

ORIGINAL: sskianpour

Shaz
Old 05-31-2012, 05:12 PM
topgun24
My Feedback: (25)

Fly Eagle???? Really??? Are we voting for the best????
Old 05-31-2012, 05:15 PM
rc-grandpa
My Feedback: (2)

What a desperate company, has to hire recruits to get votes.
buy cheap, buy twice.
dave

Old 05-31-2012, 05:17 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

Its amazing how this thread has had all the First post wonders show up in it shouting their love for their favorite manufacturer..

I'm also amazed (and slightly appalled) that some of these people are Choosing companies based on said companies "exceptional landing gear" or similar comments.. REALLY!!? What good does "great looking and operating" landing gear do you when the airframe it is attached to is possibly a ticking bomb on if or when it is going to come apart..

Makes no sense to me.. If you can't trust the model 100% of the time you are flying it, then you Shouldn't be flying it! Granted there are those issues that we can't fully expect or prevent, but insuring a safe and reliable airframe 100% of the time is the one thing we CAN and SHOULD be DEMANDING from EVERY manufacturer!!
Old 05-31-2012, 05:50 PM
dbsonic

"I haven't come across a single thing that's made me think, "W-T-F am I supposed to do with this??"

Early BVM kits did have this. So obviously the quality you see today evolved to what it is. But the current glass work reminds me of the German glider manufacturers of the 90's. I believe RnR was onto this as well. The quality was unparalleled and looks exactly the same. So which came first? I know slightly OT.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:57 PM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

ORIGINAL: YellowAircraft

Hi,

The large FEJ F-18F that I saw fly at Pendleton flew great.
I've seen some fly on videos as well, its just that I've never seen one at the flyins I go to - although I've seen several FEJ F-16's. I honestly don't know why that is...

Bob
Old 05-31-2012, 07:21 PM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: dubd

What ''problems'' do BVM planes have? Can you be more specific?
um, there was one big one at Joe Nall lol. Just saying. But all said, I think BVM makes the best kits around when it comes to fit and finish and things working like they are supposed to.
Old 05-31-2012, 11:14 PM
Levi Wags

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: topgun24

Fly Eagle???? Really??? Are we voting for the best????
Im with you big fella. Ive been trying hard to not get involved but fly eagle?
Skymaster hands down for scale detail, landing gear, durability and stock pipes that dont cave in. Just look at there 1/6 F16. So many people with 300+ flights.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.