Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

New Turbine Engine Company-Xtreme Turbines!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

New Turbine Engine Company-Xtreme Turbines!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 01:57 PM
ModellbauUK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Turbine Engine Company-Xtreme Turbines!!!

That's more like it Watbird

Far more positive

The proof of the pudding is always in the eating!

Until you have tasted pudding how can you possibly know whether you like it!
Old 06-01-2012, 02:02 PM
XtremeTurbines

Thank you warbird. I just wanted to say that my engine has been tested in the following jets below with more then enough power. Thank you for offering

Bvm kingcat
Comp-arf euro fighter
Yellow f18 twin hornet (2 turbines)
Comp arf lightning
Avonds f15

Old 06-01-2012, 02:06 PM
VF84sluggo
My Feedback: (55)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: 3dean

my jetcat p160 weighs 2.9 lbs and produces 3.6lbs
I'd send that POS back...
Old 06-01-2012, 02:08 PM
marc s

Xtreme is the RC market your prime business or are you like most others also looking for business from the UAV and drone markets?

marcs
Old 06-01-2012, 02:14 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I must admit when I first looked at the ad Ram and RTI turbines came to mind. BTW canXtreme turbines run diesel?
Old 06-01-2012, 02:19 PM
warbird_1
My Feedback: (61)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: XtremeTurbines

Thank you warbird. I just wanted to say that my engine has been tested in the following jets below with more then enough power. Thank you for offering

Bvm kingcat
Comp-arf euro fighter
Yellow f18 twin hornet (2 turbines)
Comp arf lightning
Avonds f15

No problem i'm all for MADE IN THE U.S.A. i'm sick of the overseas and over over priced crap .
Old 06-01-2012, 02:19 PM
tms261

Before I opened this thread, I was excited somewhat about a "new" turbine Co. and turbine. The opening by Xtreme was lacking in sophistication sure. I wasn't impressed with it either. All of you are more knowledgeable than me as I am a turbine newbie and have only a JC Cheetah. You may all be correct that the pictured engine is built from older designed parts and is simply renamed. Sure questions should be asked, and answers expected. At the same time, this guy was beaten to the ground in a hurry. I agree with the gentleman from Y/A and think some comments were almost attacks. I also think that the market works. The top selling turbines are top selling because of proven performance and service. Xtreme should be allowed to survive or fail on those two points, not killed out of the gate.

I'm glad Modelbau Uk chimed in. Before I got my first jet and turbine, I read with much interest the threads on the Tornado. The attacks were so bad that the folks behind Modelbau just about quit the RC hobby division of their business. They decided to continue, and the Tornado has gone thru improvements and has become very popular. Again, the market works.

Oh and Andy, I must say I agree 100% with that last line on your posts...perfect.....
Old 06-01-2012, 02:28 PM
warbird_1
My Feedback: (61)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: lov2flyrc

You Know, I have to say... My reaction from seeing this post initially was exactly the same as the majority here.[]

We have come a long way in turbine technology in the past 10 years. The trend these days is smaller, lighter, higher thrust with more integration of the components. To step into the turbine arena and be a competitive player; you must be offering a product that is at minimum, slightly ahead of the established brands in technology OR priced low enough to attract the consumer that cant afford the latest and greatest.
It appears, at least from a consumer standpoint, that these engines are basically a variation of the old RAM/FTE/Modellbau lineage; regardless if they are or not, they carry the same shell!
From a business point of view, I see nothing to drive a consumer to purchase this product based on what is being displayed. I wish you luck but I venture to guess based on my initial reaction (and those posting here) that you have not approached this with a package that will entice much if any sales volume. It could very well be a solid product however; you are headed down the wrong marketing path....
Might want to rethink the approach a bit! Best of luck with the new venture!
Wouldn't it be more productive to wait and see if and how they pan out ? i mean just because they look the same doesn't mean they are. there's nothing like trying to ruin a business before it gets started. i have seen a few retailers offer items only to have the manufacture go out of business leaving the customer holding a worthless item that can't be serviced . these are made here and should be able to get them serviced . so let's lighten up and give the guy a chance . just my 2 cents
Old 06-01-2012, 02:58 PM
ddlstang
My Feedback: (2)

Some of these attacks were really pittiful and embarrassing as a whole.

Everyone complains about a lack of certain items on the market but then when someone is trying You beat the hell out of him. Really sad. If his product is no good then the company wont make sales and will fade away, if it is good and marketable it will grow.

Best of luck to you.
Old 06-01-2012, 03:12 PM
lov2flyrc
My Feedback: (24)

ORIGINAL: warbird_1

Wouldn't it be more productive to wait and see if and how they pan out ? i mean just because they look the same doesn't mean they are. there's nothing like trying to ruin a business before it gets started. i have seen a few retailers offer items only to have the manufacture go out of business leaving the customer holding a worthless item that can't be serviced . these are made here and should be able to get them serviced . so let's lighten up and give the guy a chance . just my 2 cents
By no means am I putting Xtreme down; not sure where you even get that from my comments?! I actually know who is behind this business and I applaud him for taking a shot at the market. I am simply offering my opinion based on over 10 years of sales in this very small segment of the hobby. I never stated the engine IS the same, my words exactly; "It appears, at least from a consumer standpoint, that these engines are basically a variation of the old RAM/FTE/Modellbau lineage; regardless if they are or not, they carry the same shell! "
From a marketing point of view, this is a very BAD idea. Marketing 101....Have a competitive advantage! This is what draws your customers to you business/product. Without SOMETHING to define you in the market, you are forgotten in seconds.
Not here to argue or tell Xtreme how to run their business, just providing an educated opinion based on many years of being in this very small niche and having successfully introduced more than one brand to this very competitive arena.
I'm out, point made.....
Old 06-01-2012, 03:13 PM
Modellbau USA
My Feedback: (5)

I agree with Todd 100% for a new Turbine manufacturer it has to be very hard to break into the market. Either it's the newest and technologically advanced turbine out there with voice activated start lol or it has to be priced so you the customer can't help not buy one because it's so inexpensive. The new Xtreme turbine should be great when we used to make the T-750 it sold like hot cakes and ran sold. I'm sure now that Xtreme turbines has upgraded the electronics i am assuming they will be that much better. We at Modellbau wish Ofek and Xtreme turbines the best of luck
Old 06-01-2012, 03:43 PM
basimpsn
My Feedback: (5)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This man trying to start his own business and not trying to rip anybody off. Wish you all the best Extreme Turbine.
Old 06-01-2012, 03:47 PM
TimD.
My Feedback: (207)

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Nice to see the line coming back. Will the 500 size be reemerging in the future ??
Old 06-01-2012, 04:01 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

Id like to know more on the kero start conversion for older ram, fte, etc turbines. My old faithful ram needs an upgrade
Old 06-01-2012, 05:35 PM
rpm303
My Feedback: (18)

BURN THE WITCH !!!! [:@]
I can see the torches burning from here!!

Man, some of you guys are merciless.

Xtreme, Good luck with your company.
Old 06-01-2012, 05:39 PM
triggerpuller03

Where is the turbine made?
Old 06-01-2012, 05:44 PM
jetster81

ORIGINAL: Modellbau USA

I agree with Todd 100% for a new Turbine manufacturer it has to be very hard to break into the market. Either it's the newest and technologically advanced turbine out there with voice activated start lol or it has to be priced so you the customer can't help not buy one because it's so inexpensive. The new Xtreme turbine should be great when we used to make the T-750 it sold like hot cakes and ran sold. I'm sure now that Xtreme turbines has upgraded the electronics i am assuming they will be that much better. We at Modellbau wish Ofek and Xtreme turbines the best of luck
Will you be stocking the Xtreme turbine?

Old 06-01-2012, 06:23 PM
brenthampton79

Wow rough crowd... Only two turbines I own are Pratt and whitney's, therefore I am not qualified to speak of model turbines at all as far as knowledge. However after the way this guy was treated I'm not sure I would want to be a part of this crowd. Guess I'll stick to my EDFS and glow motors.

However I wish the guy all the luck at his business venture, America needs all the working people it can get right now.
Old 06-01-2012, 07:01 PM
Taz_Hobbies
My Feedback: (15)

Just Wow...
I am always amazed at the keyboard bravdo, but some of this thread is really over the line. I always wonder if those who are so harsh and insulting behind a keyboard would also be so brazen face to face. Experience has shown me that answer. It is almost always a resounding... NOPE!

Even if the guy is re-hashing some older product, at least the man is trying create some business for himself. Better than riding the unemployment line...
Old 06-01-2012, 07:11 PM
GerKonig

ORIGINAL: Taz_Hobbies

Just Wow...
I am always amazed at the keyboard bravdo, but some of this thread is really over the line. I always wonder if those who are so harsh and insulting behind a keyboard would also be so brazen face to face. Experience has shown me that answer. It is almost always a resounding... NOPE!

Even if the guy is re-hashing some older product, at least the man is trying create some business for himself. Better than riding the unemployment line...

And the Hobby King turbine will hit the market soon... That promises some exciting comments too...

Gerry
Old 06-01-2012, 07:32 PM
Wap4life
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: YellowAircraft

Todd and Andy,

Thanks for what you posted. When I read the thread, I also agreed with most on the market viability of what is shown in the pictures, but I sure did feel terrible for the poor guy. Whether or not his engine stands the test of this [very small] market, it must be tough to get excited about something, put money down on an idea, and then get smacked around so mercilessly for good measure. That bummed me out.
+1

Xtreme- if u can get the price less than the king tech & provide the warranty I will buy one.

Old 06-01-2012, 07:33 PM
littlepiston
My Feedback: (12)

There sure is a bunch of Richard's in here.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:24 PM
jetster81

Extreme, I know that many of the comments on here have appeared to be harsh but you only have yourself to blame,I get the feeling you are an engineer first and a marketeer second and as such made some fundamental mistakes in your marketing strategy,mainly not looking at the competition hard enough to produce a superior item both in a technological and quality aspect ,and did not analyse your target customers. Turbines and the ancillary items such as aircraft etc are the most expensive in the modelling world and generally the buyers of such demand the latest technology and value for money because,after all, they are items purchased from disposable income.
I am in the market for a new Turbine and compared to the competition you are not up there I am sorry to say and to enter the market with a product that cannot compete with your peers in so many aspects is not good.
You have to bear in mind that soon HK will be selling Turbines also and you can be sure of one thing, whatever the quality of the product, they will have done their homework.
I wish you luck in what you are doing.
Old 06-02-2012, 03:23 AM
BobbyMcGee

ORIGINAL: FenderBean

Man tough crowd around here
Extreme,
I'm so sorry about all this. It's all my fualt. Like Fender writes, this is a tough crowd.

But again, this is all my fault, and I apologize for all the attacks you are getting. It is all my fault. I was late in sending out everyone's medication this month. After seeing all this, I realized my blunder and sent out everyone's meds via FedEx next day delivery. They should all have it by Monday, and most of them should have it today.

I wish you well with your new business. I know it involves at least an initial$100,000.00 investment on your part, with another similar investment in the next year. These people who attack you couldn't come up with that kind of cash, or be willing to enter the business themselves and takethe risk you did. It's way too easy to criticize than to undertake the task.

Secondly. Do you see how cheap they are? Right away they want you to give your product away with a low-ball price that suits them! If you did that, you'd never be able to raise your price to make a profit! Crazy, right! They even concern themselves with the packaging! That's even crazier!They don't realize how much packaging costs! Let alone developing a custom design!!!

It's not likeno other turbine manufacturer started out in their garage with a CNC machine! Even the so-called big guys are nothing but a mom-and-pop shop with employees of8 or less. So, until the "big guys" are really big ... with employees of 300 or more, they are still not a companyto be called big.

Basically, this is just a handful of peoplewho will not influence your business one way or another. The "turbine world" is much bigger than what you see here.

Best of luck.

Now, sit back and grab some popcorn and see how many people attack me for writing this! Have fun!!!
Old 06-02-2012, 03:46 AM
marc s

Just as a skim of the info posted, and where I think Todd nailed it was the opening gambit - it kinda lacked any real class and was a tad 'boot sale' in its delivery, regardless of the product and its capabilities its all about the buyer experience and those cheap looking shots and use of bold red text just makes you want to cringe []

Take a lesson from Steve Jobs and make your 'official' launch more slick, good text, accurate and simple tech info, nice quality pictures and you'll be 90% further along the road.

Good luck.

marcs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.