Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Grearin Question!?!?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 09:46 PM
Dr Power 313

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grearin Question!?!?!?!?

Hey guys i bought a stampede from here then i traded for a XP SP SC700-BL brushless system and i added a 3900 kv Ripper motor so now you know my esc &motor combo and i run Nimh Batts ....heres where i get scared i bash !! and i put a 18 pinion gear in with a 81 spur gear and i get super speed but i dont wanna cook the esc or motor ...The esc get luke warm nothing to freak about and i can touch the motor for 3-5 seconds i need to know if this is a bad combo i dont have a temp gage so i have now way to know if im hurting the truck and if this is a bad combo please tell me what a good gear combo would be for that esc and motor? thank !
Old 06-03-2012, 04:49 AM
kahnen

Default RE: Grearin Question!?!?!?!?

ESC just warm.... check
Motor able to touch for 3-5 seconds....check
Super speed....check

From the sounds of it your good now. Unless you have some type of condition that prevents your fingertips from detecting heat your esc and motor seem to be fine. I think you've answered your own question. Unless there is something wrong with the speed or running time that your getting?
Old 06-03-2012, 07:58 AM
thehuntingterminator

Default RE: Grearin Question!?!?!?!?

I've found that being able to touch it for 3 seconds or so usually means its at about 135-140 so, so you should be fine. Here's a temp gun review: http://www.modelkits.com/radio-contr...er-review.html